What's new

General/Other - Takeda Should Takeda's Teleport be a Universal Move?

Should Takeda's teleport be a universal move?

• Total voters

StealthyMuffin

Earth's Mightiest Knucklehead
Shirai Ryu is the only variation anyone ever sees. This adjustment, and a few other buffs, would make Lasher somewhat viable. Having teleport as a universal move would bring Ronin's damage to where it needs to be. I'm 100% certain NRS doesn't give a flying sausage about Takeda, but I'm interested to see how everyone perceives Takeda. That's it.

(Change Ronin's reflect to db4, or get rid of it completely. IAtele is an effective alternative.)

Last edited:

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
there is no reason teleport should be exclusive to shirai ryu, the spear like thing is enough for it to be different enough

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
No. His variations are fine, although lasher is a bit under whelming.

Reflect is not useless btw.. U must not be using it correctly.

AssassiN

Noob
His reflect useless?
It was at the start of the game. After that one patch it improved so much: low start-up frames and active for very long.

His teleport shouldn't be universal I think.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Wouldn't hurt, even his strongest variation is pretty bad, nothing wrong with helping the two trashier ones out a little

Maevar

Shirai-Ronin
Having teleport as a universal move would bring Ronin's damage to where it needs to be.
Btw, Ronin has the dmg right now - it's just not that easy to execute.
There are 2 bars 47-51% combos & 1 bar around 39% (with JiPs).

Though he still lacks mobility in Ronin & Lasher and we can't rely on bf4 because of reasons :D

EDIT: and these are mid screen.

Last edited:

StealthyMuffin

Btw, Ronin has the dmg right now - it's just not that easy to execute.
There are 2 bars 47-51% combos & 1 bar around 39% (with JiPs).

Though he still lacks mobility in Ronin & Lasher and we can't rely on bf4 because of reasons :D

EDIT: and these are mid screen.
I don't agree with setup based damage being considered remotely viable. Characters are getting around 39% with no setup AND no meter.

SnowboardRX

^ You have no idea who this guy is ^
Shirai Ryu is the only variation anyone ever sees. This adjustment, and a few other buffs, would make Lasher somewhat viable. Having teleport as a universal move would bring Ronin's damage to where it needs to be. I'm 100% certain NRS doesn't give a flying sausage about Takeda, but I'm interested to see how everyone perceives Takeda. That's it.

(Change Ronin's reflect to db4, or get rid of it completely. It's useless anyway.)
Teleport as a universal would definitely help out the other variations. As a Ronin main, I would gladly add that move to my arsenal.

Also, Ronin's reflect is nowhere near useless. I love that move and use it all the time. As AssassiN pointed out, when the game came out it was useless but not since then. (However I feel like with this last update, they stealthily made the active frames crappier.)

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
I would rather Lasher get some other kind of move or perk.

Ronin is a buff away from being very tournament viable, IMO.

StealthyMuffin

Teleport as a universal would definitely help out the other variations. As a Ronin main, I would gladly add that move to my arsenal.

Also, Ronin's reflect is nowhere near useless. I love that move and use it all the time. As AssassiN pointed out, when the game came out it was useless but not since then. (However I feel like with this last update, they stealthily made the active frames crappier.)
I also use reflect frequently. However, it would be functionally useless if Ronin had a teleport. IAtele would almost always be a better option. I'll update the OP to make what I meant more clear.

KingKhrystopher

Official Merlin of TYM
Yeah, but in Lasher, he should have the option to either do a low or an overhead coming out of the teleport, and be able to cancel out of the overhead / low and do an EX teleport to avoid the damage. Pretty cool huh? Lol

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby
wh
Guys... let's just stop. The whole community knows our struggle. They just don't care. At this point expect a lot of comments saying something along the lines of at least h

Should I state the obvious reason for that?
What is this supposed to mean?

I legitimately learned something today. I have no desire to use this character, never fought any variation of him other than SR, and don't claim to know anything about what he does/doesnt need, as I'm in no position to do so.

I've 'struggled' maining Kitana since day one. I know all about useless variations and the frustration of feeling like your character is incomplete.

I simply stated a fact

SS_RedShadow

I lost because of Player 1 advantage.
People don't seem to understand the struggle of being a Takeda player. He is without a doubt the slowest character when it comes to normals. FFS his uppercut is probably the fastest move he has. It's hard to punish with him and there is nothing really safe with him, not to mention you can take a coffee break and come back to interrupt almost all of his strings with an EX move into 30% damage or 40%. The teleport would help the other variations greatly. Pressure is all that Takeda has and he doesn't even do that well. I would be happy to see Takeda get teleport as a move all variations share. I feel like Takeda is mid tier AT BEST. He would probably be bottom if not for that TP cancel.

StealthyMuffin

The takeda community has officially gone full retard. I denounce every one of you.
Why don't you just make his b2,1 5 frames while your at it? Or how about you get one hit of armor for no meter on regular kunai? I'm so embarrassed of the takeda community right now. (I main takeda btw)
What are you even talking about? Please at least try to support what you're saying. How is this unreasonable?