What's new

Poll Should MK11 Build on MKX?

Should MK11 retain MKX character designs, mechanics, stages, etc. and build from them?

• Yes

Votes: 93 44.9%
  • No

Votes: 114 55.1%

• Total voters

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
I like MKX and MKIX both. MKX, because of the smooth movement, and MKIX, because it wasn't broken at that time.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Eddy not sure if i'm reading you right.

Mk9 more balanced than mkx?

Whaaaaat.

Kenshi kabal cyrax.

Dude scorpions pokes were negative on hit. Lol
No, that's not what i'm saying, but MKX is not the perfect world either, i said, in overall balance both games have jaw dropping issues, i personally don't think one is just this better vs the other, the difference is not that huge either.

The major difference between both is that MKX has received more patches, but yet failed constantly to adress most of the things that are still issues in the game.

While MK9 was definitely hurt by a bunch of glitches and bugs in general, MKX got hurt by balancing decisions, overpowered questionable mechanics in general.

Kabal was stupid, Cyrax was Stupid and Kenshi was stupid, hell even Skarlet and Sonya were dumb.
Same can be said about MKX, CEO Tanya, Alien, pre patch Kung Jin, Demo Sonya.

Just don't try to add top characters issues in MK9, this is relative to every fighting game, there will always be top characters regardless the balance, but as long as tools in general gameplay respond well, if one makes a mistake the opportunity should be there for the taking.

I think MKX sinned mostly for 3 things: Priority normals, Input buffer window in this game is sinful even today although the game as been patched way more than MK9 did, backdash mechanic is questionable.