What's new

Should Kabal be banned in competitive play? (Community Discussion)

Should Kabal be banned?

• Total voters

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
That is correct. If you aren't participating at tournaments offline then it's not possible for you to understand the offline mechanics against high-level players that you have never experienced. You may not like hearing this, but it doesn't change the fact that it IS INDEED A FACT.

Also, your posts haven't been relevant to anyone since this thread started, and i don't think many people take you seriously from what I can see.
Top players are Gods and the rest of the communities opinions, even though backed by facts, mean fuck all just because we don't play on a tournament level.

You are a genius among mear single celled organisms.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
Top players are Gods and the rest of the communities opinions, even though backed by facts, mean fuck all just because we don't play on a tournament level.

I'm glad you're finally starting to understand how it works. Less posting from you and more listening from now on.

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
Out of curiosity, how do you know what's broken?
How does REO know what is broken? Because he has played at a major? That statement has no back bone in the slightest.

And since I just know someone is going to say "your statements have no back bone", well, pprove me wrong. That is the real reason I am here. To either be proven wrong, and trust me, at that point I will admit I have rethought the sistuation and agree, or to get some of you to see what the hell is going on since everyone seems to be brainwashed by top players.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart

Nothing you have said is fact, merely opinion.

He has no bad MUs: opinion(probably true, but opinion)
He has the best rushdown and zoning in the game(again opinion)
He is broken(opinion)
He needs to be banned(opinion)

How does REO know what is broken? Because he has played at a major? That statement has no back bone in the slightest.

And since I just know someone is going to say "your statements have no back bone", well, pprove me wrong. That is the real reason I am here. To either be proven wrong, and trust me, at that point I will admit I have rethought the sistuation and agree, or to get some of you to see what the hell is going on since everyone seems to be brainwashed by top players.

Because he is probably the best Kabal player out there? Outta here with this fucked up logic.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster

You may want to find another gaming website since you obviously don't "fit-in" with the rest of the group. No one wants to read your nonsense when they are here to improve. This ia website for high-level players and player who want to become high-level. If you can't get rid of your scrub mentality and stop making ridiculous posts, maybe this isn't the place for you.

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
Nothing you have said is fact, merely opinion.

He has no bad MUs: opinion(probably true, but opinion) The large majority agree
He has the best rushdown and zoning in the game(again opinion) "Arguably" The best. And I am sure the large majority agrees
He is broken(opinion) Large majority agrees
He needs to be banned(opinion) I agree. This is what I have been attempting to debate this entire time but in the whole span of this, I have had very few logical responses. So either they can't debate it because they know I am right, but still refuse to agree because they are whipped by top players opinions, or they are all, you know, missing some cards out of 52. But I am guessing its the former.

Zoidberg747

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
You may want to find another gaming website since you obviously don't "fit-in" with the rest of the group. No one wants to read your nonsense when they are here to improve. This ia website for high-level players and player who want to become high-level. If you can't get rid of your scrub mentality and stop making ridiculous posts, maybe this isn't the place for you.
Right, cuz the community will have tons of room to grow when it is Kabal Kambat.

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
Because he is probably the best Kabal player out there? Outta here with this fucked up logic.
Did you see the post I quoted? It was in response to what he said. Of course REO knows what is broken and what isnt. But why shouldnt I? I like to think I am pretty damn good, and play many great players, and some top players, but my opinion means nothing because I don't go to tournaments? Then why is there a "community" in the first place.

Lulzlou

Noob
So either they can't debate it because they know I am right, but still refuse to agree because they are whipped by top players opinions, or they are all, you know, missing some cards out of 52. But I am guessing its the former.
Zoidberg747
I consider myself a high level Kabal (Not the highest) and I'm not whipped one bit nor I'm missing anything. I picked up Kabal not knowing how fucked he is and worked hard on him til this day. I spent so many hours on him so why the hell would I want him banned? Post like these are where I lose respect and I'm used to seeing posts like this from other games/forums I was a high level in, even top.

You want your opinion to matter, which I'm not blaming you at all for. But you don't have to be so disrespectful about it. No one is whipped by top players. Your opinion means very little because you aren't a high level player nor go to tournaments, accept that please. You can't complain about something you don't go to. Plus if you don't go to tournaments, why does it matter to you? Its not like you'll be facing the Kabal players that are a problem. Playing scrubby Kabals online don't count because that wont even scratch the surface.

side note: I'm actually being serious now

DragonPick

I don't play Runescape
If so, there should probably be a way to make topics so that only highest level players can post in them

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
I consider myself a high level Kabal (Not the highest) and I'm not whipped one bit nor I'm missing anything. I picked up Kabal not knowing how fucked he is and worked hard on him til this day. I spent so many hours on him so why the hell would I want him banned? 1.Post like these are where I lose respect and I'm used to seeing posts like this from other games/forums I was a high level in, even top.

You want your opinion to matter, which I'm not blaming you at all for. But you don't have to be so disrespectful about it. 2.No one is whipped by top players. Your opinion means very little because you aren't a high level player nor go to tournaments, accept that please. 3.You can't complain about something you don't go to. Plus if you don't go to tournaments, why does it matter to you? 4.Its not like you'll be facing the Kabal players that are a problem. Playing scrubby Kabals online don't count because that wont even scratch the surface.5.

side note: I'm actually being serious now
1. If it comes to it, I am sorry, but it is in the best interest for the game.
2. I have been trying hard to not be disrespectful about it. But I just can't it when an entire community dosn't think Kabal should be fixed, even though they agree with all the reasons why I think he should be banned. It just flat out makes NO sense, and it irritatse me for some reson. I am not trying to be disrespectful to anyone.
3. I don't accept it, but I do know that. I play people like Foxy, Brainstorm (9th at UFGT, first time ever offline.), Book Burning, Pig of the hut on occasions, though everytime we fight I play like shit :( and many more. And even though I can hold my own against them, my opinion dosn't mean anything. And that dosn't even really matter. We're a community, everyone's opinions should be taken seriously.
4. I don't know. Its because people accept it I guess. Which makes me a little angry because it makes no sense, or atleast no one has stated why they believe it makes sense, logically.
5. I don't play randoms.

Thank you, again. Still refreshing.

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
You yourself won't grow until you lose that shitty mentality, don't worry about anyone else until YOU get your OWN shit straight.
You don't think it will turn into Kabal Kombat? I have a good idea, lets mix it up a little bit. How about you tell me why you don't think it will turn into Kabal Kombat, bases on logical assumptions, facts and opinions.

I said logical.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
You don't think it will turn into Kabal Kombat? I have a good idea, lets mix it up a little bit. How about you tell me why you don't think it will turn into Kabal Kombat, bases on logical assumptions, facts and opinions.

I said logical.
Because I'm watching a movie and I'm only posting when I get a few minutes of commercial break. That's why. Learn to fight him and against him, place high at a few tournaments, THEN you can start giving viable input people may actually care about. You are not a top player....if you were, you'd just use Jax on him like CDjr does.

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
Because I'm watching a movie and I'm only posting when I get a few minutes of commercial break. That's why. Learn to fight him and against him, place high at a few tournaments, THEN you can start giving viable input people may actually care about. You are not a top player....if you were, you'd just use Jax on him like CDjr does.
Your not a top player. So nothing you just said is relevent.

Damn dude. Your really good at contradicting yourself.

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
Ok, I am done argueing this point. Not one person has yet responded to me with a logical reason as to why they believe it would be in the games best intrest for Kabal to stay.

Thanks everyone for listening.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter

Like I've already said, we don't have to prove you're wrong, you have to prove you're right. And when everything you want us to "prove wrong" is opinion based, no one is going to be able to that regardless. Based on the posts you have in this thread, you're just arguing for the sake of it, either that or trolling. Spamming "PROVE ME WRONG!!!" is doing nothing but making you look immature. So, if you don't have anything worth substance to post in here, stop posting in here. I'm not asking you either, it's not a request. This goes for everyone, enough with the childish posts and attitudes.

WayoftheFist

Cold day in hell...
REO serious question: do you think the level of play in this game has gone far enough that every potential answer to Kabal has been found, explored, and defeated? If we don't know the answer to that question then it is certainly too early to even consider anything like a ban. Unless he truly dominates the rest of the cast at the highest level after we've found every possible answer and exhausted it that would be the only circumstance where the character should even be considered for a ban. If he has even 1 or 2 5-5s then he is imo not ban worthy.

Dark_Rob

Noob
Ok, I am done argueing this point. Not one person has yet responded to me with a logical reason as to why they believe it would be in the games best intrest for Kabal to stay.

Thanks everyone for listening.
Banning a character in tournament play is a drastic last step. It might surprise you if you were to look it up and find out just how rare an occurence this is. The most common and well known example is Akuma in Super Street Fighter 2 turbo. Akuma in this game is designed as a boss character. Many of his abilities exist outside what the game is designed to handle and most of the cast simply have no way to deal with him at the highest level. He was never really meant to be in the game and is accessed only by a special code. He is so broken he ruins an otherwise perfect game and he was banned VERY quickly with almost NO argument from the rest of the Street Fighter community.
In short, it was very obvious to everyone that the game was better off without Akuma in it(as it had been for a long time before it was discovered he was playable)
Kabal in MK9 is not like SSFT2 Akuma, in fact hes not even close. Hes nowhere near being that kind of broken. Does he have some fucked up tools? Sure he does, but in comparison to the kind of bullshit MK players have put up with for well over a decade, hes pretty tame in the grand scheme of things.
If Kabal were the kind of broken character that warranted a tournament ban as you suggest, there wouldnt be any argument. It would be obvious to everyone, just as Akuma was. It would be undeniable. If Kabal were that broken there would be NO ONE that could ever beat REO with any other character EVER.

Is Kabal the best character in MK9? Probably. I leave it to better players than I to make that determination, but every game has a best character, whether its SF4 Sagat, MK2 Mileena, or 3rd Strike Chun Li. All of these characters would be more powerful in the context of their game then Kabal is in MK9 and none have ever been banned in tournament play. In fact none have ever even been considered by the tournament community for a ban.
Banning a character is a serious, and absolute last resort course of action, and most times the character does not in fact need to be banned. It is very VERY rare that a character is actually so broken that he ruins the rest of the game and characters are almost never banned simply for being "the best in the game". Being the best and being broken are two completely different things.