What's new

Should Kabal be banned in competitive play? (Community Discussion)

Should Kabal be banned?

• Total voters

Tido

Noob
REO

i would let kabal untouched. For me its impossible to learn the way you play him. I would say the player who picks him and plays on a high level deserves these advantages cause its so damm hard to pull them off.

Let me tell you what we German Players think about it here. We are watching the Tournaments and really enjoy the way you and the others play.

But would you do me/us here a favor? We would really love to see a video in which you capture your controller during playing. We are thinking that youre bleeding if youre doing the cancels:=) So we would really appreciate if you could do that for us.

I think some more people are interested seeing it. :=)

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
So if it knocks you down, you're out of his pressure, and it's dumb.
If you block it, you're out of his pressure(and can reverse pressure), and it's dumb.

What exactly are you looking for?

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
So if it knocks you down, you're out of his pressure, and it's dumb.
If you block it, you're out of his pressure(and can reverse pressure), and it's dumb.

What exactly are you looking for?
It knocks you down and you still have to respect NDC shenanigans. And saw is a 9f low projectile with pushback on block and -12. Start actually abusing that shit as a footsies tool.

It's underplayed.

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
It knocks you down and you still have to respect NDC shenanigans. And saw is a 9f low projectile with pushback on block and -12. Start actually abusing that shit as a footsies tool.

It's underplayed.
Yeah it's great until your opponent jumps and gets a full combo.

THTB

Yeah it's great until your opponent jumps and gets a full combo.
Man...WHY THE FUCK DOES EVERYONE USE THIS EXCUSE???????????

This means shit because almost EVERYTHING IN THE GAME GETS BLOWN UP IF YOU JUMP IT. My god, next you're going to tell me Guile's sonic booms are ass because you spend too much time charging to get one boom out that gets blown up by a big ass combo at any time, even though it is a 9f projectile that is +frames on block and has under 30f recovery.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
You're misunderstanding the frame data, then.
No, you misunderstood my post completely...

I said that cyrax players who understand that HIS pokes (CYRAX, NOT KABAL), you didn't even read it properly man.

Cyrax's pokes only +1 on hit, both d3 and d1, so good cyrax players will stop poking out of pressure as their D3 won't mean anything as Kabal players could still d3 them back after being hit with a d3, so instead cyrax players have to use his :fp for full block strings as it's 9 frames, and not worth poking at all.

You must have thought that I was talking about Kabal being only +1 from a d3, I know thats not the case, nor did I need educated on it.

So here is ''where I am getting my 9 frame jab out''...

Anytime you do a d3 and don't hit confirm, and lets be honest, no Kabal player apart from Erik Warda actually hit confirmed their pressure, anytime you decide to do a F4 no matter what string you just performed on block.

Yes, you will be at good advantage after F32 and B12 you are at +2, but you have to commit to another string, because if you poke after getting your advantage (which is pointless by the way), it doesn't matter that you will have a 5 frame D3 after F32 or B12, why get advantage to poke and give it all away, this is the problem Kabal players have not run into yet, but when you do, then your pressure is over, and my 9 frame will beat anything you can do, unless you want to run back to back d3 mashing, which you won't.

You run the risk of always attempting back to back strings and having me interupt it with a standing 1, you also run the risk of doing a poke when you think I will string with :bp, I am sorry, but advantage means nothing if first shout a poke is what your getting out of it.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
This thread is aids.

To those that say his execution is a reason for him being so good: Bullshit. You can win with 5050s and iagbs all day with 'proper footsies' (if you can say Kabal plays footsies at all). NDCs arent essential. Even so, any player could learn to do stupid NDC strings that they probably dont understand WHY they work.

Kabals 'pressure' isnt from his blockstrings, its from his stupid ass projectiles.

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
No, you misunderstood my post completely...

I said that cyrax players who understand that HIS pokes (CYRAX, NOT KABAL), you didn't even read it properly man.

Cyrax's pokes only +1 on hit, both d3 and d1, so good cyrax players will stop poking out of pressure as their D3 won't mean anything as Kabal players could still d3 them back after being hit with a d3, so instead cyrax players have to use his :fp for full block strings as it's 9 frames, and not worth poking at all.

You must have thought that I was talking about Kabal being only +1 from a d3, I know thats not the case, nor did I need educated on it.

So here is ''where I am getting my 9 frame jab out''...

Anytime you do a d3 and don't hit confirm, and lets be honest, no Kabal player apart from Erik Warda actually hit confirmed their pressure, anytime you decide to do a F4 no matter what string you just performed on block.

Yes, you will be at good advantage after F32 and B12 you are at +2, but you have to commit to another string, because if you poke after getting your advantage (which is pointless by the way), it doesn't matter that you will have a 5 frame D3 after F32 or B12, why get advantage to poke and give it all away, this is the problem Kabal players have not run into yet, but when you do, then your pressure is over, and my 9 frame will beat anything you can do, unless you want to run back to back d3 mashing, which you won't.

You run the risk of always attempting back to back strings and having me interupt it with a standing 1, you also run the risk of doing a poke when you think I will string with :bp, I am sorry, but advantage means nothing if first shout a poke is what your getting out of it.
I know what you mean about Cyrax pokes, what I mean is after f32 or b12 ndc on block I'm at +2, so you won't be interrupting my F4 unless you commit to a d1, which as you pointed out is useless. F4 is a gamble for the Kabal player; they can either buffer the ND and hit confirm into a combo or cancel the ndc but be at -5 or they can just cancel into a saw to be safe and stop any poke attempts after F4. Either way, ndc pressure isn't really the best or safest thing to do, but getting at least one rep of f32 ndc into f4 is plenty, and you will not be getting out of that. Once you eat enough F4's I assume you'll start respecting the followup after f32 which is when Kabal can start doing other shit, but that's when you start getting into risk/reward and not actual facts.

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
Man...WHY THE FUCK DOES EVERYONE USE THIS EXCUSE???????????

This means shit because almost EVERYTHING IN THE GAME GETS BLOWN UP IF YOU JUMP IT. My god, next you're going to tell me Guile's sonic booms are ass because you spend too much time charging to get one boom out that gets blown up by a big ass combo at any time, even though it is a 9f projectile that is +frames on block and has under 30f recovery.
Excuse for what? Just pointing out if does have a weakness. Sometimes the saw on whiff feels like Scorpion's spear. Hard to use the saw as a footsies tool when the risk/reward is largely out of our favor, at least within jump range.

THTB

Excuse for what? Just pointing out if does have a weakness. Sometimes the saw on whiff feels like Scorpion's spear. Hard to use the saw as a footsies tool when the risk/reward is largely out of our favor, at least within jump range.
I'm aware of that weakness. That weakness can be applied to any non-air FB in the game that doesn't have a high vertical hitbox.

Doesn't mean it's that difficult to use as a footsies tool. It's 9f, and a low, with pushback on block. The short-term risk/reward is ass. Long-term, it's very much rewarding, though. Knockdown, back to at least 1/2 screen, with enough room to safely iaGB and build meter/zone.

I think you should really think of it in those terms instead of the immediate effects. Unless you're playing someone who gives a fuck all about Kabal's zoning, saw is a problem, through and through.

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
Sometimes the saw on whiff feels like Scorpion's spear.
As a Scorpion main, I'm going to have to ask you to step outside for that one, sir.

You could jump over Scorpion's spear, put the controller down, go make dinner, take a nap, come back and Scorpion would still be standing there in recovery frames like an idiot. Come on, man.

Oh yeah, and Kabal shouldn't be banned. He's an overpowered son of an annoying bitch, but he's beatable. The end. KUH HURPDURP BAWL

aj1701

Noob
I'm glad you're finally starting to understand how it works. Less posting from you and more listening from now on.
I now understand the mistake this site had made.

What you guys really want is a blog with comments disabled not a forum. Then the elite can spout whatever they like and we'll just read.

Please go now and remove the forum features and replace with a blog.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
RampaginDragon Only one Kabal in top 16 MLG. How do you explain this?
....and we should BAN Lui Kang cuz he can beat Kabal.

I now understand the mistake this site had made.

What you guys really want is a blog with comments disabled not a forum. Then the elite can spout whatever they like and we'll just read.

Please go now and remove the forum features and replace with a blog.
It would sure save the time wasted reading nonsense posts from scrubs and low-level players. God the crying is so annoying. Ironic how you never see the elites crying.....but rather adapting instead and learning......hmmmmm....

aj1701

Noob
It would sure save the time wasted reading nonsense posts from scrubs and low-level players. God the crying is so annoying. Ironic how you never see the elites crying.....but rather adapting instead and learning......hmmmmm....
I guess you'll have to learn to deal instead of whining until this site does turn into a blog. Or you can go start your own.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
Anyone think Kabal should be banned still?
Yes, we should ban Kabal, then Mileena since she won ECT, then Kang since Shoryuken used him to beat Cat's Kabal, so that makes him broken and unbeatable also, ban Sonya cuz she's good and has a kartwheel, and we also need to ban Jax since CDjr is unbeatable with him.

I guess you'll have to learn to deal instead of whining until this site does turn into a blog. Or you can go start your own.
I have my own LOL