What's new

Question Should green arrow be higher tier list?

Bane 5-5 (on the fence about this on)
Lantern 5-5
Hawkgirl 6-4
Shazam 5-5 (one match I don't have a ton of XP, so just 5-5 for now, arrow might win it, maybe)
Grundy 4-6

Bane- As far as this matchup goes I don't see anything Bane can do to stop arrow. GA's J3 is nasty, and the damage his reset offers after a drained Venom 3 is just through the roof. Banes mixups are terrible and you can poke ice arrow out of roughly anything he can throw at you. And on whiff you get a free ice arrow against Raging charge for full combo and reset like a boss. I'll say 6-4 for now.

GL- I personally think this is a spacing fight and one that GA can win. Oa's rocket is punishable by fire arrow in the air and trades even for him on the ground. That being said at fullscreen if GL's trait is activated he can spam some MB Gatling Gun, but at the cost of meter wheras Fire arrows are free + hard knockdown allowing free dash ins. That being said once GA gains the life lead he has complete control over the MU as opposed to someone like supes or AM that can control the pace weather they have lifelead or not. This forces GL to get in unsafely and LM being hella punishable by ice arrows don't help him. You definately gotta be patient but I think it's another 6-4 match up.

Hawkgril- Trait is rendered useless. Ice arrow all day. Haven't played a single hawk girl I couldn't decimate, her projectiles get punished by both fire and ice arrow and in melee range she can't contest with d1 ice arrow. 7-3 in my opinion*

Shazam- I love shazam, beast of a character and underrated in my opinion, but I don't think he can contend with GA. He can't crossup on wake up cause of sky alert and haven blast. He can't use Herculean might for pressure on wake up cause of savage blast. Atlas Torpedo on block is super punishable by d1 ice arrow for an easy combo. B2 Herculean Might blocked causes HM to whiff for another free ice arrow. I'd say 6-4 for GA cause GA can't backdash out of 22 HM but I don't see many situations where you would get caught by 22 anyways.

Grundy- Fire arrows, fire arrows, fire arrows. He is forced to block or MB swamp hands for armor and if this whiffs it's another easy ice arrow at 27 recovery frames. Corpse charge on wake up can get crossed up and even with armor your left in a favorable position with an 11% free damage if cross up connected. If you're unfortunate enough to get grabbed his pressure on wake up is pretty much nullified savage blast. I'd say 7-3 here.*

All of this is from my experience online, I am by no means a professional player so please correct me on anything you might feel I'm wrong on I would love any input.

That being said I'd say he's a solid A+

*-I don't know these characters as well as others so if there are tools I didn't mention that tilt the scales in this MU for their direction please let me know.

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
I hate his pokes and mix ups.

But I'm not really scared of them. Oh no... 24% damage I'm slightly more annoyed.

Honestly, if they just change the scaling on his freeze arrow, he'd rise a tier. Make his freeze arrow do 34% and I see him moving up.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Stilll Alive

Just pick him up and body people with him if he's as good as you think.

I thought Deathstoke was really good so I picked him up, you should do the same.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
They nerfed b23 for no reason at all.

I'd consider it more of a fix. It was 15+ on block and 15F start up and with very little pushback.

I think their mistake wasn't in changing it, it was in doing nothing else. He needs some buffs.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
I'd consider it more of a fix. It was 15+ on block and 15F start up and with very little pushback.

I think their mistake wasn't in changing it, it was in doing nothing else. He needs some buffs.
Enough pushback for the f2d13 and the super. And that's it. It was not an infinite as someone posted in another thread without even testing it.
Oh sorry didn't realize I was talking to a famous person or royalty or whatever you think you are lol

http://www.youtube.com/user/TequilaMockingburd

And no I don't type my signature out everytime, im using Tapatalk app lol

#hopeforhood
It annoys me to quote you and quote your whole sig. Haven't been able to figure out the sig button yet huh? Anyway, yeah I'm sorry, if you're not Joe Schmoe, who are you?

Pikachu

I Pikachu while you shower.

The string was fine. You could only loop it 3 times max in the corner, and jump out on loop 2 if you timed it right.

Enough pushback for the f2d13 and the super. And that's it. It was not an infinite as someone posted in another thread without even testing it.

It annoys me to quote you and quote your whole sig. Haven't been able to figure out the sig button yet huh? Anyway, yeah I'm sorry, if you're not Joe Schmoe, who are you?
Lol alright everyone who isn't famous to this guys standards isn't aloud to have an opinion, sorry guys.

#hopeforhood

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Lol alright everyone who isn't famous to this guys standards isn't aloud to have an opinion, sorry guys.
*Allowed. If you have points, sure. You didn't, I responded with counter arguments. You called me an idiot, I just argued for the sake of arguing because I love it.

*Allowed. If you have points, sure. You didn't, I responded with counter arguments. You called me an idiot, I just argued for the sake of arguing because I love it.
Yeah well people with that attitude like you make forums some of the lowest trashiest forms of social networking on the Internet, when most of us have no intention of arguing

#hopeforhood

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Yeah well people with that attitude like you make forums some of the lowest trashiest forms of social networking on the Internet, when most of us have no intention of arguing
So, unless everyone sucks your balls and tells you you're right, you don't like them. And you don't want to argue when you made a thread to argue.

People who act like experts in things they know nothing about should be shot. In my professional opinion.
Well it was an opinion, the point was to spark conversation and obviously I wasn't alone, other people shared opinions some people agree or disagree with the statement, but then some just attack others Because I guess that's just fun to some ignorant souls

#hopeforhood

Post #19.

You made the thread and you don't even know what's happening.
U said "because he has a guaranteed super after an blocked string he's top tier, makes sense" and then you said something about casuals

1. No one said he was top tier because of that special I posted that video because Tom Brady stated at the end "so lets just keep pretending green arrows bad"

2. I don't think analyzing a characters move set and thinking he is under rated makes me a casual, if I played the game random occasions with Friends when they come over yeah, but I wouldn't call anyone who comes on the forums a "casual"

#hopeforhood

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
U said "because he has a guaranteed super after an blocked string he's top tier, makes sense" and then you said something about casuals

1. No one said he was top tier because of that special I posted that video because Tom Brady stated at the end "so lets just keep pretending green arrows bad"

2. I don't think analyzing a characters move set and thinking he is under rated makes me a casual, if I played the game random occasions with Friends when they come over yeah, but I wouldn't call anyone who comes on the forums a "casual"
But you didn't analyze anything. You came with some gimmicky stuff and said "he's underrated". That's not analyzing. If you actually analyzed his gameplay you'd arrive to the same conclusions I did. You know, playing him for the past 2 months at a good level.