What's new

Should forward roll be nerfed?

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
I actually like Tom's videos cuz he brings good content BUT THIS AINT IT!

Roll does NOT need to be nerfed or cause more resources to do. If anything the execution needs to be easier to perform because the timing to do the roll is very awkward that its not consistent to pull off ESPECIALLY online.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
I don't get why people are having a hard time getting it to consistently happen. Flawless blocking on the other hand, holy shit that's hard for me to do consistently in a live match. They knew what they were doing putting that in the game just out of reach.

BuffRaiden

Nerf Erron's F4 Already
He's not "phasing through" you if he's doing a very specific rolling animation, spending a bar of meter, glowing, making a god damned noise, and even triggering words to pop up on his side of the screen.

Do you think throws are cheap too cause you can't block them?
It’s pretty commonly accepted that throws are busted in this game at 140, man. Off plus on block jump kicks. Throng then back rob 22 percent and thatll be fine.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Nah man I think the game was perfect. Basically the bar for me with fighting games.
It's fun and definitely one of my fav MK's but perfect? ehh not sure I'd go that far lol. It's definitely one of MK's best though I agree there. I also feel MK 4 was vastly underrated, if you compare it to some of the 3D MK's, MK 4 was actually much better balance, gameplay and competitive wise but it's kind the step child of MK.

BuffRaiden

Nerf Erron's F4 Already
By who? You're saying throws are too powerful in the thread asking if rolls are too powerful? What exactly do you want here, man?
How much are you going to Dick ride this game?? Everyone worth mentioning has said throws are too good in this game. (That does include you). REO is Completely on point with his critique.

E

Eldriken

How much are you going to Dick ride this game?? Everyone worth mentioning has said throws are too good in this game. (That does include you). REO is Completely on point with his critique.
Good to know you let others peoples' opinion govern your own.

He's not "dick riding" the game just because he has a different opinion than you. For a new account, you sure do like to be argumentative in a completely unnecessary way. Hm...

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Kinda thought it strange the forward roll never cost a offensive bar aswell as the 1 defensive.

Like its more "offensive" than the backwards roll why shouldnt it cost offensive bar??

BuffRaiden

Nerf Erron's F4 Already
Good to know you let others peoples' opinion govern your own.

He's not "dick riding" the game just because he has a different opinion than you. For a new account, you sure do like to be argumentative in a completely unnecessary way. Hm...
Or I just happen to gravitate towards significantly more educated opinions. Having played the game nonstop for a month, knocking down your opponent actually puts the offensive player at a disadvantage if the defending player has full bar. There's no MB F3 in this game to make them respect your offense. It is a dice roll. They claimed they wanted to make an honest game. This isn't it. It takes 50/50's to a new degree.

E

Eldriken

Or I just happen to gravitate towards significantly more educated opinions. Having played the game nonstop for a month, knocking down your opponent actually puts the offensive player at a disadvantage if the defending player has full bar. There's no MB F3 in this game to make them respect your offense. It is a dice roll. They claimed they wanted to make an honest game. This isn't it. It takes 50/50's to a new degree.
You make them respect your offense by conditioning them. Conditioning your opponent is an integral part of the game.

There are several answers to wake-up roll and if enforced properly, will make your opponent reconsider doing them.

They, in my opinion, are fine. They punish impatience and it shows.

Wigy

There it is...
Other thing I'm noticing is that U2s are kinda tricky to punish. Saw a lot go unpunished in tournament. It's a single hitting and like -13. Geras's is like 6f. By the time you realise what you blocked the punish window is gone.

I HATE this new invincible while standing up shit. It looks so stupid and makes it hard to visually time your meaty. With all the plethora of options they have this is an annoying extra layer. I get so many people just standing up and attacking me when I did a string that connected on them standing up but they're still invincible. I know there's the 'git gud' mentality but moves in this game have like 1-2 active frame so it's just barely even worth it.

BuffRaiden

Nerf Erron's F4 Already
You make them respect your offense by conditioning them. Conditioning your opponent is an integral part of the game.

There are several answers to wake-up roll and if enforced properly, will make your opponent reconsider doing them.

They, in my opinion, are fine. They punish impatience and it shows.
I've already said my piece it's not just the wakeup roll. It's the threat of the wakeup roll that has fostered a meta where people mash buttons or jump on wakeup. There are simply too many options to consider at this point.

It's a sloppy system. Using a delayed D2 is almost always a better option than U2 on wakeup for instance, unless you're Geras. MKX literally changed its entire game a year and a half after release. If you seriously think we're going to keep YOLO fatal blows and 25/25/25/25 wakeup for the duration of this game's life span, you're living in a fantasy world.

Wigy

There it is...
Scorpions teleport may as well be a wakeup as well. You walk back to whiff punish the roll and wakeups and he just teleports on you. Even worse cetrion. Lol I'm outta here now hold some rocks for me pls

E

Eldriken

I've already said my piece it's not just the wakeup roll. It's the threat of the wakeup roll that has fostered a meta where people mash buttons or jump on wakeup. There are simply too many options to consider at this point.

It's a sloppy system. Using a delayed D2 is almost always a better option than U2 on wakeup for instance, unless you're Geras. MKX literally changed its entire game a year and a half after release. If you seriously think we're going to keep YOLO fatal blows and 25/25/25/25 wakeup for the duration of this game's life span, you're living in a fantasy world.
I don't think we're going to keep anything throughout the game's lifespan. It's obviously going to change. It just seems some of us are more okay with the game right now than others are in a variety of ways.

I'm genuinely curious to see what the first balance patch will contain.

trufenix

bye felicia
I'm gonna dick ride the game until you provide me a reason not to. The only person I see complaining about throws is you, the guy who thinks rolls (which are beaten EASILY by throws) are too good.

So which one is too good? Are they both? Should we make throws cost a level of meter to escape too?

BuffRaiden

Nerf Erron's F4 Already
I don't think we're going to keep anything throughout the game's lifespan. It's obviously going to change. It just seems some of us are more okay with the game right now than others are in a variety of ways.

I'm genuinely curious to see what the first balance patch will contain.
So am I. I'll be honest, I fall into the camp of not really liking the game right now that much. It's causing me more frustration than fun. My W/L ratio is still pretty good but what's holding me back from enjoying it is the wakeup system and Fatal Blows. I haven't touched it a few days since I just don't find myself having fun in the same way I did with Injustice 2 or MKX after they sorted out the armored launching mess. I'm 28 now and just can't dedicate time anymore to something that's causing more frustration than fun.