What's new

Should DLC be temporarily banned from tournaments like mk9/inj not mkxl

Should DLC be temporarily banned until further tested?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
if stream monsters want to see high level play then they watch any of the streams on twitch for their fix, this should never be allowed after what happened with KP2.

No one knows what the new characters can do and the fact that ij2 is a back to block game makes it even easier to find cheap setups.

xMEECH

Dyslexic
I mean, if people had a month to "learn how to deal with CEO Tanya"... she still should've been banned. I'm more in favor of waiting until they're patched instead of waiting until we accept paulo's vision and have 8 of the same character in top 8

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I voted no and here's my reasoning.

I don't think DLC should be allowed in tournament the day it comes out. I think a 30 day ban is more than fair. But I don't think DLC that's released two/three weeks after launch should be banned until after EVO. Sure, once 15th June hits, ban all DLC released after from EVO, but as the game will already be relatively new for everyone, the difference that the extra 3 weeks will make is minimal.

If the ban is being justified because "DLC is broke on launch in principle", I'll point you to Lobo, Zatanna, Jason, Leatherface as counter examples.

In essence, I don't disagree with a temporary ban, but I think any more than 30 days - especially when the game is as new as it is and almost all characters are essentially "new" - is too much.

BlackJackSnack

Bags of mostly water
In the past I have disagreed with you on this pig, but in hindsight I now agree. Playing a "new" game before people have time to adjust is not as entertaining. Especially if you have 6/8 of the players in top 8 playing one character. *tanya*

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
I think they should be banned for a month. More than that may be too much. You need to give people time to learn how to fight against them.

Im glad to see most people agree on this.

FrankOceansWaifu

Watch this set up.
I mean DLC arrives for everybody at the same time. If one guy can spend time learning the character in however amount time there is before a tournament, the other guy can spend time learning to fight against said character.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

I don't think DLC should be allowed in tournament the day it comes out. I think a 30 day ban is more than fair. But I don't think DLC that's released two/three weeks after launch should be banned until after EVO. Sure, once 15th June hits, ban all DLC released after from EVO, but as the game will already be relatively new for everyone, the difference that the extra 3 weeks will make is minimal.

If the ban is being justified because "DLC is broke on launch in principle", I'll point you to Lobo, Zatanna, Jason, Leatherface as counter examples.

In essence, I don't disagree with a temporary ban, but I think any more than 30 days - especially when the game is as new as it is and almost all characters are essentially "new" - is too much.
Lobo had a day 1 infinite w otg grab loop

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Thank god the majority is in agreement. The answer is easily yes, enough of this "NRS has learn their lesson", they didn't.

60 days before tournament legal is fair, but what happens if that character is stupid broke then? Will he be allowed after 60 days expire anyways or he will be tournament banned if that's the case?

SHAOLIN

内部冲突

But there's still isn't a downside to a one month ban though. . .

I'm all for it. Its basically get tournament goers more breathing room.

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
Thank god the majority is in agreement. The answer is easily yes, enough of this "NRS has learn their lesson", they didn't.

60 days before tournament legal is fair, but what happens if that character is stupid broke then? Will he be allowed after 60 days expire anyways or he will be tournament banned if that's the case?
I'm pretty sure it would be widely known by the next dlc & be addresses by time the release of that dlc.

(hopefully sooner.)

Raiderhorn

White Lotus
Whether a DLC character on release is not good or too good they still need to be treated with the same penalty of being temporarily banned. There can't be any exceptions drawn for DLC characters based on that principle, it's either they are treated that way or they aren't.

If Jason was allowed to play but Tanya wasn't during CEO, that'd be a huge debate in itself. Keep DLC out for a while

shura30

Shura
it has more to do with tournament frequency
if we're going to have 1/month it's ok to allow dlc within such distance from a major
if there's going to be more than that say 1/15days, 'we' might as well allow them from the start

dlc is still part of the game and this is the game we play
same could happen with a major patch dropping close to any tournament
tier shifting is basically the same as allowing dlc