What's new

Question - Brawler should cassie's players cry?

daddydab32ho

KANO, KANO, KAY-NOOOOOO , KANO (DRAKES VOICE)
lmao i love this thread

@daddydab32ho help me explain this people don't get it brawler sux and there is no reason to pick that variation.

NRS please fix brawler
Man Please Jesus Help Brawler out she needs and EX take down... Why does EB have one and Cassie doesn't? Just saying ahahahahahaha we need this @NRS

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
In what situations will 212 whiff? I use it as a punish starter and haven't had any issues?

I main brawler, I like it. I'd like to see her arm break have more frame advantage on hit but do less damage, so I could trade a standing reset for the damage of her takedown, but that could def be a little oh pee.

Her damage is fine, 25% is fine for her main bnb, and her punish is around 33% unmetered and if I catch you with a deep ji4 in to airgrab, or win an air to air I'm to airgrab, provided I have meter, you ear 30% or so.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Thread topic answer

Yes because Cassie is top 3 and no one has won w her yet when it mattered

protools27

Rebel without a scene
The ONLY thing I would like is to be able to pick what side her command throw throws the opponent. Makes it a bit less useful then it should be once you've cornered an opponent. Other then that's she's fine. Pls no crying lol Cassie's fucking awesome

DOOMSDAY-15RUS-

i'LL DESTROY YOU ALL
Cassie is probably not top 3 but we don't need to whine about a top 10 char. Brawler variation is fine i think because command grab can be used after 1,2,1 on block and got same damage as take down but at the end of combo u can put the guy in the corner. And if you finish combo with F2,1+3 is +1 and cassie poke is 7 frame and biggest combo starter 2,4,2 is 6 si if someone try to attack you, u can do 33% meterless.

Only 1 buff i can wish for cassie is faster run speed to deal better against zoners, i think it's not correct that zoners like SZ have better speed instead of pure rushdown char and maybe better armor for BF4 to deal better against projectiles, maybe faster a little bit too

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
so we got the latest patch and we see a lot of characters getting their block strings fix but what about us?
i don't know you guys but i hate everytime the second punch in 212 randomly whiff. i use brawler and that strings is a big deal for brawler. samething happens with 11

i can not believe no body is crying about cassie cage problems. this is not week one anymore you know is not like everybody still think cassie is top 3 in the game anymore so lets do some crying to see if they fix this

and would it be wrong if they give brawler an ex version of takedown in brawler lol damn every command grab in this game has an ex version of the move why can't brawler? after all it need help it is the weakest variation. i mean spec ops got buffed why not help brawler as well

i mean the command grab only does 12% and it is a high would it be so broken or what?
was cassies BF3 a high before patch? cuz its an OH now.

MadeOfMetal

I know it's her worst variation, but were playing a character lucky enough to actually have 3 really good variations. I think she should get an EX version of her takedowns though at least.
yep i would also like some more damage, it seems like i hoped on the Cassie bandwagon a little late, cuz her Meterless damage is garbage!

bout 26-30%

mostly 25's

so whats up with that?

Meterless: Kotal does alot more than that so does, Mileena at 38%, Kitana at 40%, Sonya at 38%, Kung lao tempest close to 35% from mid to corner, those are just the ones of the top of my head!

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
yep i would also like some more damage, it seems like i hoped on the Cassie bandwagon a little late, cuz her Meterless damage is garbage!

bout 26-30%

mostly 25's

so whats up with that?

Meterless: Kotal does alot more than that so does, Mileena at 38%, Kitana at 40%, Sonya at 38%, Kung lao tempest close to 35% from mid to corner, those are just the ones of the top of my head!
Thing is we dont really need the midscreen damage since we have 50/50's until theyre in the corner, so it's not that much of an issue.

MadeOfMetal

Thing is we dont really need the midscreen damage since we have 50/50's until theyre in the corner, so it's not that much of an issue.
no character really needs it, but to be fair id like it. there is plenty other chars that have the same mixups style but have higher damage, that could cause a problem, what you get off your trades,

Reactions: Jer

MadeOfMetal

Cassie is probably not top 3 but we don't need to whine about a top 10 char. Brawler variation is fine i think because command grab can be used after 1,2,1 on block and got same damage as take down but at the end of combo u can put the guy in the corner. And if you finish combo with F2,1+3 is +1 and cassie poke is 7 frame and biggest combo starter 2,4,2 is 6 si if someone try to attack you, u can do 33% meterless.

Only 1 buff i can wish for cassie is faster run speed to deal better against zoners, i think it's not correct that zoners like SZ have better speed instead of pure rushdown char and maybe better armor for BF4 to deal better against projectiles, maybe faster a little bit too
hey im currently working on Cassie Brawler ATM,
can you tell me all strings
on block that safely cancel into DBF2, and
which ones hit when you hit confirm?
which ones work after S1 AA and S33 AA?

it would be a great help, i noticed the treads left this out!

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
no character really needs it, but to be fair id like it. there is plenty other chars that have the same mixups style but have higher damage, that could cause a problem, what you get off your trades,
Yeah I know what you mean, but the fact that we always have meter and do disgusting corner damage makes up for it. One combo into a missile/nut setup is too much to go with higher damage.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
i get it now, he ment DBF2 not BF3
Ah makes more sense. I think brawler won't get any more ex moves since ex flip and glow kick are good. Would be nce to have an ex throw or overhead in the back pocket. Maybe MB tackle so we can get tekken like punches and my an arm break. That'd be the shit

MadeOfMetal

Yeah I know what you mean, but the fact that we always have meter and do disgusting corner damage makes up for it. One combo into a missile/nut setup is too much to go with higher damage.
i feel like that nut cracker should be continuable, it just seems like it should, nat saying we need it, but it would be fun for Cassie players, and could higher damage a bit, as long as there was some Scaling nerf on it!

btw do you have any footage on her corner damage?
@TONY-T

BTW which patch notes showed the nerfs on Hollywood and Brawler?

i must be missing it in here:

MadeOfMetal

Ah makes more sense. I think brawler won't get any more ex moves since ex flip and glow kick are good. Would be nce to have an ex throw or overhead in the back pocket. Maybe MB tackle so we can get tekken like punches and my an arm break. That'd be the shit
she can be the next Erron??? tap tap tap tackle, id love it!

protools27

Rebel without a scene

I know you can tick throw on block from 2, 21, 212, d4, and f44. There may be one or 2 more, but these are the one I use. Not sure which ones still connect the grab on hit.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
she can be the next Erron??? tap tap tap tackle, id love it!
Would be nice since the rushdown characters get the best command grab tools lol.

Btw the "ps4 5/14" patch is where hollywood gets nerfed. Assault force combo(f34) is no longer special cancellabe at the end (only splat knockdown). I don't think brawler has ever been touched (which is why I put it above hollywood. It is impervious to nerfs.)

MadeOfMetal

Would be nice since the rushdown characters get the best command grab tools lol.

Btw the "ps4 5/14" patch is where hollywood gets nerfed. Assault force combo(f34) is no longer special cancellabe at the end (only splat knockdown). I don't think brawler has ever been touched (which is why I put it above hollywood. It is impervious to nerfs.)
good ima stick with brawler then and ill be impervious;). was there any silent nerfs to damage scaling or she is naturally that low?

wish F34 was special cancelable again?

what was the issue with F34 was it just + on block and when canceled made flip kick safe as well?

sorry like i said im new to her just recently picked her up!

DOOMSDAY-15RUS-

i'LL DESTROY YOU ALL

Well my use for dbf2 is next. Ur 2,1,2 is safe 0 on block. U can grab after a blocked poke but better pressure with 2,1,2 and if opponent block this string you have a free grab, if u see that you hit with 2,1,2 you hit confirm to db2. 2nd use is as combo finisher. All combos you finish with take down you can use grab instead of take down to swap ur position, it deals always same damage as take down and is well when you are in the corner

AK XEN0M0RPH

The lift is strong in this one
i feel sorry for you if you are a cassie player and you are playing against a good shinnok who knows how to use his meter
You can beat good shinnoks, its just not nearly as easy as say beating anyone else. If she had a winning MU against everyone she would be NERFED TO THE GROUND. Either pick Hollywood which is top 3 or 4, spec ops with is arguably top 10, or make brawler work like dab. Or you can find an alt for shinnok.