What's new

General/Other - Alien Should Alien get the Tanya treatment?

Does Alien Deserve the Tanya Treatment?

• Yes

Votes: 15 68.2%
  • No

Votes: 7 31.8%

• Total voters

Tweedy

Noob
There's no false pretense either. I play in all of the online tournaments that go on on here. Check out any of them, you'll see Kotal Khan.

Again, substance > nothing.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
But you fail to point out actual bias. You just act like there is bias.

You keep arguing without a real argument. What does "you, mm, and dm all play Alien" say? I've only said truth about Alien. You can't dispute anything that I've said. You claim that I downplay, I give you the thread that has the bulk of my Alien related posts, yet you post a dozen times without following up on that. I even debunked another vague statement you made, comparing Alien to Demolition.

You've posted so much in this thread without really saying anything. Anytime you attempted to cross the bridge of vague statements and actually saying something, you've said stuff like "no armor on EX flip will make Alien a pure poking character", or "Alien is like Demolition", etc.
You debunked? I didn't even respond to that because you left out so many details that the argument was asinine. I'm not wasting time arguing if the sky is blue or if water is wet, so don't claim wins from lack of opposition - especially when your argument might as well name Galileo as a member of the Beastie Boys.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I'm just trying to convey the truth. I'm beyond discerning it. You said you enjoy playing Alien in a previous post.

We have a big difference of opinion. As long as we can discuss without getting angry or personal, then I have no worries.

You'll never hear me say, "no offense, but" because I'm not here to attack anyone, but if I see someone trying to cloud the truth - then I speak up - and usually loudly.

The truth is Alien is S+ - way overpowered. Acidic goes beyond that into the realm of the almost completely broken. That's the truth.

Don't compare him to characters from other games. He only plays in this one.

I don't want Alien nuked, but I don't want things left as they are either. How they did Predator would be just fine.
1. I do enjoy playing Tarkatan Alien, he is fun.
2. Yeah, you're cool, I won't get angry.
3. I'm not trying to cloud the truth. What I have said is that Alien is super good, and should be nerfed, but so should all the other top tier characters.
4. That's literally an opinion.
5. I didn't compare him to characters from other games, only the other broken characters.
6. I hate what they did to Predator. After his first set of nerfs he was fine, as in right before the XL patch. Obviously when he was first released, he was waaaay waaaay broke. But the XL patch nerfed HQT because scrubs can't handle zoning. HQT is still very good, but he was nerfed in March for no reason at all, now he struggles in a lot of matchups.

Tweedy

Noob
You debunked? I didn't even respond to that because you left out so many details that the argument was asinine. I'm not wasting time arguing if the sky is blue or if water is wet, so don't claim wins from lack of opposition - especially when your argument might as well name Galileo as a member of the Beastie Boys.
Nah dude. I posted a lot of stuff as facts. If I were wrong, you'd be blowing me the fuck up. Stop.

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp
On a side note, do you think Mileena is balanced if her B1 damage is reduced from 5% to 3%, and low sai damage is reduced to 5% (the predator treatment)?
To be honest, I don't think Mileena is broken or unbalanced. If I ever said that, I was either trolling or salty. She's just really really strong.

The only thing I'd change is no longer being able to cancel a blocked telekick into sai. Also, B12 having no hurtbox is another problem.

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp
Nah dude. I posted a lot of stuff as facts. If I were wrong, you'd be blowing me the fuck up. Stop.
Stop replying. You're wasting your time with him, man. If you think you don't downplay Alien, then you don't owe anybody an explanation. Move on and be happy.

GAV

1. I do enjoy playing Tarkatan Alien, he is fun.
2. Yeah, you're cool, I won't get angry.
3. I'm not trying to cloud the truth. What I have said is that Alien is super good, and should be nerfed, but so should all the other top tier characters.
4. That's literally an opinion.
5. I didn't compare him to characters from other games, only the other broken characters.
6. I hate what they did to Predator. After his first set of nerfs he was fine, as in right before the XL patch. Obviously when he was first released, he was waaaay waaaay broke. But the XL patch nerfed HQT because scrubs can't handle zoning. HQT is still very good, but he was nerfed in March for no reason at all, now he struggles in a lot of matchups.
I love what they did with Predator. He was way OP.

I played him for a while. He was way OP. I took to him quickly and was beating guys with HQT I couldn't beat with Sun God.

Then, I watched Sonic Fox play Hunter. He found all the broken shit before everyone else. He always does.

Then, I moved to Hunter and realized for myself how ridiculously broken he was. It didn't take much practice either. I was beating the guys I couldn't beat with SG, but could with HQT even worse with Hunter. Hunter's hard-to-block setups and damage were just absolutely insane.

I was much more aware of Sun God's meta, but Predator's meta, especially Hunter, was completely broken. I wasn't better. I just had simple tactics that made things easy for me while making things very difficult for my opponents.

Then, they normalized Predator and I passed everything I knew onto a friend of mine who still mains him. HQT is still awesome. Yes, he struggles in some matchups, but he has many easy matchups as well - and his struggling matchups are 6-4's, not 7-3's. It was an experiment. I was never in it for the long haul. Sun God is the most fun for me. I was very vocal here about how OP Predator was (especially Hunter) and was received very negatively initially, but eventually most agreed. I don't know if the guys at NRS paid any attention to what I said, but they ultimately agreed - proof being the nerfs.

When I was winning with HQT, I would set up a defense, try to get them to slip through so I could combo them, and spam projectiles when they didn't take the bait.

What HQT does now is zone. You have to be smart. Before, you didn't have to be. You could just spam.

Last edited:

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I love what they did with Predator. He was way OP.

I played him for a while. He was way OP. I took to him quickly and was beating guys with HQT I couldn't beat with Sun God.

Then, I watched Sonic Fox play Hunter. He found all the broken shit before everyone else. He always does.

Then, I moved to Hunter and realized for myself how ridiculously broken he was. It didn't take much practice either. I was beating the guys I couldn't beat with SG, but could with HQT even worse with Hunter. Hunter's hard-to-block setups and damage were just absolutely insane.

I was much more aware of Sun God's meta, but Predator's meta, especially Hunter, was completely broken. I wasn't better. I just had simple tactics that made things easy for me while making things very difficult for my opponents.

Then, they normalized Predator and I passed everything I knew onto a friend of mine who still mains him. HQT is still awesome. Yes, he struggles in some matchups, but he has many easy matchups as well - and his struggling matchups are 6-4's, not 7-3's. It was an experiment. I was never in it for the long haul. Sun God is the most fun for me. I was very vocal here about how OP Predator was (especially Hunter) and was received very negatively initially, but eventually most agreed. I don't know if the guys at NRS paid any attention to what I said, but they ultimately agreed - proof being the nerfs.

When I was winning with HQT, I would set up a defense, try to get them to slip through so I could combo them, and spam projectiles when they didn't take the bait.

What HQT does now is zone. You have to be smart. Before, you didn't have to be. You could just spam.
HQT was most certainly not OP after the September patch. His struggling matchups are horrible also. Cage is for sure a 7-3. He has so many ways to get past the zoning, and when he gets in, Predator is completely locked down.

This XL patch hurt his cancels and made the projectiles do less damage. What do you mean by before you didn't have to be smart while zoning? The September patch to now, the zoning is the same but less damaging. You were bodying people because nobody knew the matchup when he first came out. He deserved the FIRST batch of nerfs, he was OP when he first came out but not after whatsoever. Iv played HQT for a long time up until recently.

Yeah Hunter was OP before the September patch, from then on he was obsolete. Funny how he was supposed to invalidate Sub-Zero, and now does everything worse. Hunter's hard to block setups were and are all smoke and mirrors. Predator doesn't have a very good hard knock down so he can't enforce the trap. Hunter Predator sucks now.

You haven't stated anything actually pertaining to in game facts. All you have done is make weird analogies, talked about sonic fox using these characters, said alien is way broke and in his own S+ tier and haven't said why. Not only are you giving no indication of understanding Alien, but now Predator also.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Translation - Please don't nerf Acidic.
Real Translation - Alien has already been nerfed, i don't want a nerf, and i don't care what a handful of people say on TYM that don't know what they are talking about. i know that the few people on this forum that are against Tarkatan (which is the variation that started all this talk and somehow me liking acidic changed the hate towards my variation.) won't get anything nerfed on alien. basically they already said they nerfed alien and thats that. i just thought it was absurd that we actually have a thread with the main title stating lets nerf X character to the ground... should we? can't even believe its a question or some people have this logic. but when you get 30k people together your bound to find a few illogical ones.

but don't misunderstand me GAV. i like you on this forum, your a funny guy, and many times you make me laugh, im fine with disagreeing with you on a couple things. even though this one is personal to me. I just hate how some top players push the agenda to get some characters nerfed and leave theirs untouched. (thats how every NRS game has been ruined) if you ask the top players bet they will say Kano CT is better than both mileena and Alien. he onestly has more dirt than both combined. but if you ask me i don't think Kano should be nerfed either. thats just where i stand. i think its great that characters can get cool tools like that. but then again im an old school MK fan and MK, MK2, and the MK3's where far worse with dirt in their own way.

wanna talk about a broken game think MK9 i know everyone has forgot about it. but lets just talk about my 3 main characters on it:

MK9 Cyrax was a top tier god, one touch death, resetting monster, stagger pressure into Unblockable bombs. and yes some of the setups could be jumped out of, but that doesn't mean Cytrax mains couldnt Yank 212 standing 1 them out of air into bomb. when MK9 Rax threw bombs you where terrified of them. you had to jump, there was no run through, they had to much radius and no way to block them. on MKX we say HTB's are cheap .LMAO compare hard to blocks to Unblockables. unblockables take the cake for Broke.

Kabal, had massive pressure, and yes some of his NDC's could be poked out of when he alternated different mixups. but he had counters to that as well, and it was a hard read for opponenet to poke out. he built meter like a mad man, machinegunned Gas ball projectiles like no other mk character. controled full to close screen. and with that nomad dash, he could be from full screen to right in your face plus frames in the blink of an eye safe.

Sub Zero was great: i loved Sub in MK9, he was the Defense king, ice clone was a shield of terror, he put it up there was no going through it. he could of corse, and it didnt go away on block! he could put that down and trap you in corner than acostle you with pressure all day corner lockdown, and he was just a mid tier character. in MK9 great air to ground combos, and a single poke or standing 1 was enough to corner carrie.

but aparently dots or long range moves are cheap, btw aliens B3 and F3 are not full screen just have to put that out there. not even the exo sting is full screen, walk backwards and alien will never connect it. B3 and F3 are half of a full screen of distance.
yes it has range, but it is slow. in the startup some character could get off lets see. projectile RC into pressure, teleport, dive kicks over it. it is like 18-24 frames on startup.

its just funny, Alien already got nerfed and was deemed fair by the maker. and people are still whining. to me this rings Salt from lost matches.

but like i said Gav i enjoy reading most of your posts. for some reason you hate alien. i dont really enjoy those posts. but i will correct anyone misinformation with alien. you know out of alien variations, i think Konjurer is the most cheap. if there was a cheap version left. i have so much fun stealing turns with Egg setups its not even real. you should pick it up some time.

MadeOfMetal

HQT was most certainly not OP after the September patch. His struggling matchups are horrible also. Cage is for sure a 7-3. He has so many ways to get past the zoning, and when he gets in, Predator is completely locked down.

This XL patch hurt his cancels and made the projectiles do less damage. What do you mean by before you didn't have to be smart while zoning? The September patch to now, the zoning is the same but less damaging. You were bodying people because nobody knew the matchup when he first came out. He deserved the FIRST batch of nerfs, he was OP when he first came out but not after whatsoever. Iv played HQT for a long time up until recently.

Yeah Hunter was OP before the September patch, from then on he was obsolete. Funny how he was supposed to invalidate Sub-Zero, and now does everything worse. Hunter's hard to block setups were and are all smoke and mirrors. Predator doesn't have a very good hard knock down so he can't enforce the trap. Hunter Predator sucks now.

You haven't stated anything actually pertaining to in game facts. All you have done is make weird analogies, talked about sonic fox using these characters, said alien is way broke and in his own S+ tier and haven't said why. Not only are you giving no indication of understanding Alien, but now Predator also.
yeah i agree, Predtor is not broke even the slightest. before patch id say, i have to agree it was kinda obnoxious advantage on both HTB seups in Hunter and HQT plasma's advantage was real. Alien is doing nothing wrong but getting attention from tournaments. only thing that really is cheap about Alien as of now is the auto correcting JIP2 and its massive hitbox range. that could be tooned, but as for Tarkatan maybe rekkas are, but that sould be handeled in that variation alone. if your having a problem with alien @GAV i reccomend you use Kano CT for that matchup. its obviously in Kano's favor, he build meter more quickly , and when he gets that meter, watch out.

GAV

yeah i agree, Predtor is not broke even the slightest. before patch id say, i have to agree it was kinda obnoxious advantage on both HTB seups in Hunter and HQT plasma's advantage was real. Alien is doing nothing wrong but getting attention from tournaments. only thing that really is cheap about Alien as of now is the auto correcting JIP2 and its massive hitbox range. that could be tooned, but as for Tarkatan maybe rekkas are, but that sould be handeled in that variation alone. if your having a problem with alien @GAV i reccomend you use Kano CT for that matchup. its obviously in Kano's favor, he build meter more quickly , and when he gets that meter, watch out.
I know you're smarter than this.

I may be judging your understanding by your execution. I truly hope so.

Because if not, you're just not being genuine.

Scratch that. You just love OP characters.

GAV

Real Translation - Alien has already been nerfed, i don't want a nerf, and i don't care what a handful of people say on TYM that don't know what they are talking about. i know that the few people on this forum that are against Tarkatan (which is the variation that started all this talk and somehow me liking acidic changed the hate towards my variation.) won't get anything nerfed on alien. basically they already said they nerfed alien and thats that. i just thought it was absurd that we actually have a thread with the main title stating lets nerf X character to the ground... should we? can't even believe its a question or some people have this logic. but when you get 30k people together your bound to find a few illogical ones.

but don't misunderstand me GAV. i like you on this forum, your a funny guy, and many times you make me laugh, im fine with disagreeing with you on a couple things. even though this one is personal to me. I just hate how some top players push the agenda to get some characters nerfed and leave theirs untouched. (thats how every NRS game has been ruined) if you ask the top players bet they will say Kano CT is better than both mileena and Alien. he onestly has more dirt than both combined. but if you ask me i don't think Kano should be nerfed either. thats just where i stand. i think its great that characters can get cool tools like that. but then again im an old school MK fan and MK, MK2, and the MK3's where far worse with dirt in their own way.

wanna talk about a broken game think MK9 i know everyone has forgot about it. but lets just talk about my 3 main characters on it:

MK9 Cyrax was a top tier god, one touch death, resetting monster, stagger pressure into Unblockable bombs. and yes some of the setups could be jumped out of, but that doesn't mean Cytrax mains couldnt Yank 212 standing 1 them out of air into bomb. when MK9 Rax threw bombs you where terrified of them. you had to jump, there was no run through, they had to much radius and no way to block them. on MKX we say HTB's are cheap .LMAO compare hard to blocks to Unblockables. unblockables take the cake for Broke.

Kabal, had massive pressure, and yes some of his NDC's could be poked out of when he alternated different mixups. but he had counters to that as well, and it was a hard read for opponenet to poke out. he built meter like a mad man, machinegunned Gas ball projectiles like no other mk character. controled full to close screen. and with that nomad dash, he could be from full screen to right in your face plus frames in the blink of an eye safe.

Sub Zero was great: i loved Sub in MK9, he was the Defense king, ice clone was a shield of terror, he put it up there was no going through it. he could of corse, and it didnt go away on block! he could put that down and trap you in corner than acostle you with pressure all day corner lockdown, and he was just a mid tier character. in MK9 great air to ground combos, and a single poke or standing 1 was enough to corner carrie.

but aparently dots or long range moves are cheap, btw aliens B3 and F3 are not full screen just have to put that out there. not even the exo sting is full screen, walk backwards and alien will never connect it. B3 and F3 are half of a full screen of distance.
yes it has range, but it is slow. in the startup some character could get off lets see. projectile RC into pressure, teleport, dive kicks over it. it is like 18-24 frames on startup.

its just funny, Alien already got nerfed and was deemed fair by the maker. and people are still whining. to me this rings Salt from lost matches.

but like i said Gav i enjoy reading most of your posts. for some reason you hate alien. i dont really enjoy those posts. but i will correct anyone misinformation with alien. you know out of alien variations, i think Konjurer is the most cheap. if there was a cheap version left. i have so much fun stealing turns with Egg setups its not even real. you should pick it up some time.
Translation - I love OP characters!

MadeOfMetal

lol the poll got restarted when everyone said no alien shouldn't. thats to funny. No agenda here right..lol

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
before patch id say, i have to agree it was kinda obnoxious advantage on both HTB seups in Hunter and HQT plasma's advantage was real.
If you're talking about the september patch, then yes I agree. If you think HQT was too good before the XL patch, then you're definitely wrong. Hunter Predator was, is, and always will be a shittier version of Sub-Zero mixed with a shittier version of Summoner Quan(im talking about the September patch onwards, before the September patch Hunter was broke as fuck).

Also, Alien is extremely cheap, but Demo Sonya, Spectral Ermac, A-List Cage, Cutthroat Kano, Swarm D'Vorah, SR Takeda, and several others are just as retarded as Alien.

MadeOfMetal

The question should be should Alien be nerfed?

The answer to that would be yes.
umm no, the reason i say this is this, and ill explain it for you gav.

there is only so many patches left. its either everyone gets nerfs, or nothing at all. they can nerf everyone or buff all others to that standard. or we will just have this cycle of BS that we have had on this game from the beginning. nerfing alien does not Equal a balanced game. it will mark my words, put others in that spotlight as S tier, that other will want nerfed. the reason any game developer should nerf is to achieve balance. and this will not achieve that. nerf alien and all the others and just make small adjustments to make them more fair im down with that. but this nerf to the ground bullshit is obnoxious. i have seen these loons asking for Cyber Sub Zero to have a mid hit on strings and specials, they asked this for Cyrax, and a couple other characters. now that idiotic comment came into this thread.

if they get nerfed i think NRS should use a brain this time around. and get the game balanced. either by nerfing all BS or buffing so everyone has their own way to deal with all of it.

MadeOfMetal

If you're talking about the september patch, then yes I agree. If you think HQT was too good before the XL patch, then you're definitely wrong. Hunter Predator was, is, and always will be a shittier version of Sub-Zero mixed with a shittier version of Summoner Quan(im talking about the September patch onwards, before the September patch Hunter was broke as fuck).

Also, Alien is extremely cheap, but Demo Sonya, Spectral Ermac, A-List Cage, Cutthroat Kano, Swarm D'Vorah, SR Takeda, and several others are just as (soap bar in my mouth) as Alien.
read my post after yours and you will understand where i come from. People think im an alien main for some reason, i use alien as a pocket, but my main is Cyrax, and that the one i truly care about. i just want the game balanced, i just don't want one nerfed while others remain and take thier place. i want either all nerfed or all buffed to be able to deal with all the BS that is in this game.

we are just repeating the cycle and replacing top tier characters by knocking off one at a time.

btw nice pic, and no hard feelings.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Yeah no hard feelings. People think you're an Alien main because of the Konjuruer mood chooser and that you don't think he should be nerfed into the ground.

I guess unless you say that Alien is Ivan Ooze on crack and the most OP busted master of the universe you will be considered a downplayer.

MadeOfMetal

Yeah no hard feelings. People think you're an Alien main because of the Konjuruer mood chooser and that you don't think he should be nerfed into the ground.

I guess unless you say that Alien is Ivan Ooze on crack and the most OP busted master of the universe you will be considered a downplayer.
thats basically the gist. I have to say i want the character ruied for all alien players. no i think they should nerf shit that needs nerfing not idiotic requests. like "i dont know whats OP about alien so i want this move turned to a mid so all alien variations suffer" its just getting redundant.

they need to chop that JIP2 down and that will stop alot of BS alien has with bs wiff pressure, and that auto correcting shit he has, while we are at it lets take away Invulnerability fron Cassies Nut puch. and remove Vortexs and insaine Cancel pressur into more bs, and Tarkatans Jailing from rekkas, not an unrelated F134 move.

acidic needs a slight stack % reduction and she will be fine.

conjurer will need less priority with egg setups, kinda steals there turn. thats kinda dumb. but most of all universal JIP2's are where he is breaking the game.

there are so many characters right now pulling off bullshit that needs to be chopped or toned, but this attack one, is BS. Like a Kotal main attacking alien, or a Tekada main saying thiers is fair and alien needs thew shaft. i just hate hypocrisy.

GAV

umm no, the reason i say this is this, and ill explain it for you gav.

there is only so many patches left. its either everyone gets nerfs, or nothing at all. they can nerf everyone or buff all others to that standard. or we will just have this cycle of BS that we have had on this game from the beginning. nerfing alien does not Equal a balanced game. it will mark my words, put others in that spotlight as S tier, that other will want nerfed. the reason any game developer should nerf is to achieve balance. and this will not achieve that. nerf alien and all the others and just make small adjustments to make them more fair im down with that. but this nerf to the ground bullshit is obnoxious. i have seen these loons asking for Cyber Sub Zero to have a mid hit on strings and specials, they asked this for Cyrax, and a couple other characters. now that idiotic comment came into this thread.

if they get nerfed i think NRS should use a brain this time around. and get the game balanced. either by nerfing all BS or buffing so everyone has their own way to deal with all of it.
I was under the impression there were no patches left.

Three patches would be ideal.

Patch One - Nerf Alien (especially Acidic) and Piercing

Patch Two - (possibly) Nerf A-List, D'Vorah, and Takeda

Patch Three - (possibly) Nerf Sonya and War God

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
thats basically the gist. I have to say i want the character ruied for all alien players. no i think they should nerf shit that needs nerfing not idiotic requests. like "i dont know whats OP about alien so i want this move turned to a mid so all alien variations suffer" its just getting redundant.

they need to chop that JIP2 down and that will stop alot of BS alien has with bs wiff pressure, and that auto correcting shit he has, while we are at it lets take away Invulnerability fron Cassies Nut puch. and remove Vortexs and insaine Cancel pressur into more bs, and Tarkatans Jailing from rekkas, not an unrelated F134 move.

acidic needs a slight stack % reduction and she will be fine.

conjurer will need less priority with egg setups, kinda steals there turn. thats kinda dumb. but most of all universal JIP2's are where he is breaking the game.

there are so many characters right now pulling off bullshit that needs to be chopped or toned, but this attack one, is BS. Like a Kotal main attacking alien, or a Tekada main saying thiers is fair and alien needs thew shaft. i just hate hypocrisy.
Tarkatan rekkas shouldnt be nerfed again, but I agree with most of everything else.

MadeOfMetal

I was under the impression there were no patches left.

Three patches would be ideal.

Patch One - Nerf Alien (especially Acidic) and Piercing

Patch Two - (possibly) Nerf A-List, D'Vorah, and Takeda

Patch Three - (possibly) Nerf Sonya and War God
more like nerff all of them in one patch, but leave out Mileena but i would say her roll low profiles mid's and OH's cuz she goes out of the netherrealm during it. and her B12 at max range is still plus 2. adjust
and after that one nerf they can have 3 more to fix what they did wrong, cuz lets be honest they will fuck it up. wither not hit them at all or with totally ruin them. CT and ERmac and Cassies involnerability

Reactions: GAV