What's new

General/Other - Alien Should Alien get the Tanya treatment?

Does Alien Deserve the Tanya Treatment?

• Yes

Votes: 15 68.2%
  • No

Votes: 7 31.8%

• Total voters

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I was under the impression there were no patches left.

Three patches would be ideal.

Patch One - Nerf Alien (especially Acidic) and Piercing

Patch Two - (possibly) Nerf A-List, D'Vorah, and Takeda

Patch Three - (possibly) Nerf Sonya and War God
You want to nerf War God Kotal Kahn, but not Cutthroat Kano or Spectral Ermac?

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Tarkatan rekkas shouldnt be nerfed again, but I agree with most of everything else.
thats the only one i was unsure of, for some reason people still think Tarkatan is still jailing, do they have a gap now to armor? if thats the case then yeah i agree.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
To be honest, I don't think Mileena is broken or unbalanced. If I ever said that, I was either trolling or salty. She's just really really strong.

The only thing I'd change is no longer being able to cancel a blocked telekick into sai. Also, B12 having no hurtbox is another problem.
I only think her B1 does 5% is a bit unfair. 3% as a machine gun mid will be fine

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
At least when Kano is -15, you can punish him. WG can be -49999 but still be safe because you'll be 2 continents away.
When is Kano unsafe? Half screen mid that's -5, plus/neutral 50/50s which are plus for a bar, great safe mid string, safe fast d4, safe armored move. Yeah you can punish him is he does something dumb like Kano Ball. I guess not everyone is Sub-Zero with a 9 frame slide to punish him every time, but at least it's your turn for sure.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
When is Kano unsafe? Half screen mid that's -5, plus/neutral 50/50s which are plus for a bar, great safe mid string, safe fast d4, safe armored move. Yeah you can punish him is he does something dumb like Kano Ball. I guess not everyone is Sub-Zero with a 9 frame slide to punish him every time, but at least it's your turn for sure.
My turn so I eat his safe (-19) armored launcher, no thanks. I'll just backdash and chuck shit at that lanky idiot.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
What character to you use? I don't really feel like explaining why Kano is better than Kotal Kahn.
You're missing my point, I'm not debating whether Kano or Kotal is better. I'm saying Kotal's OH and low sword need to be properly unsafe, if I block an attack that's -19 I should be able to consistently punish 100% with no bullshit blockstun and pushback to deal with, even his EX OH sword can be painful to punish at times because its block stun is ridiculous.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
You're missing my point, I'm not debating whether Kano or Kotal is better. I'm saying Kotal's OH and low sword need to be properly unsafe, if I block an attack that's -19 I should be able to consistently punish 100% with no bullshit blockstun and pushback to deal with, even his EX OH sword can be painful to punish at times because its block stun is ridiculous.
Oh allright I get it. That is pretty bullshit, I was just more puzzled that GAV was campaigning for nerfing a mid tier character instead of Kano.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
I only think her B1 does 5% is a bit unfair. 3% as a machine gun mid will be fine
B1 recovery on whiff is stupid too. In fact, the combination of frames on block, recovery and pushback (many characters struggle while trying to do a simple poke) make the B12 string pretty stupid.

Not to mention her teleport and her meter building from zoning, or his +2 on block armor breaking normal, as a starter of a safe gapless string.

She needs more than a small damage reduction xD

Last edited:

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
B1 recovery on whiff is stupid too. In fact, the combination of frames on block, recovery and pushback (many characters struggle while trying to do a simple poke) make the B12 string pretty stupid.

Not to mention her teleport and her meter building from zoning, or his +2 on block armor breaking normal, as a starter of a safe gapless string.

She needs more than a small damage reduction xD
It gets low profiled (the major weakness). And please look at A list F3... Or Alien's tail
Like Foxy said, everyone has options against her B12 but noone wants to play B12 game properly

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
It gets low profiled (the major weakness). And please look at A list F3... Or Alien's tail
Like Foxy said, everyone has options against her B12 but noone wants to play B12 game properly
A-List and Alien also deserve nerfs.

For some characters there is no proper way to play against b12 due to pushback, but you can buy that argument if you want. B12 by itself is not the problem, the problem comes when you look at it combined with the rest of her tools.

Anyway, just as a reminder, certain stagger string which had (and has) a gap, and doesn't lead to 50/50, and which has random whiffing issues, and which was the only tool certain variation had, was severely nerfed in the past. If Mileena keeps his B12 (combined with all her other tools) intact, it will be another example showing nrs coherence in "balance" decisions in mkx is clearly 0.

Last edited:

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I main Sub-Zero. His only option vs B12 is to low profile with his 9 frame d4(not bad a bad option at all), or backdash(accomplishes nothing really). The Problem with D4 is that it's 9 frames and if she decides to do her 8 frame d3, she will always beat him out. It's really hard to fight her because:
1. You can't clone past midscreen because of rapid fire sais
2. You came jump because roll
3. You can't slide because low sai
4. Sub-Zero can't really do jack shit after a blocked B12, because she can use her 6 frame D1 that will STILL beat his 9 frame pokes because B12 is only -2
5. She easily out footsies him everywhere on screen
Mileena didn't need this, all she needed was the poke buffs. I know the good Mileenas didn't want all this, but since the bad ones complained for a year they got it.
I'm done using Sub against Mileena, I use my second character here. Characters like Mileena is why I don't want Alien nerfed into the ground because she is just as bullshit as he is.

Also: I don't have anything against you, I just saw this as an opportunity to get this out.

axe5141

Keeping It Casual
Honestly I don't see why a nerf is going to be necessary. Yes Alien is strong, yes he does have some cheeky things that makes him a tiny bit unfair. But you can say that about any character in the game. A-list has great cancel pressure that to a more casual player like me seems crazy and near impossible to escape. Same goes for Ronin with his block pressure, Mileena has B12, Grandmaster has an astonishing corner game. I can keep going on like this for pretty much every character in the game. Everyone has something really strong that makes them competitively viable in my eyes. My philosophy is to just figure out the weaknesses and exploit them, Pig of the Hut has made extensive guides on how to counter the rekkas and escape aliens pressure. There is so much tech being found almost daily here that can help in almost any situation. Find what matchups the character is bad at and exploit that matchup to your advantage. My point is, instead of whining and complaining about losing, get back up and find the way to win. You don't whine and complain everytime you get rejected asking a girl out right? You move on and ask the next girl and you find a way to improve yourself to make yourself more attractive. Do the same with this game, become a better player through your loss

WarlordRenegade

Founder of Team Renegade
I lmao at all the people who tried so hard to convince everyone that tarkatan was better than acidic. They should have nerfed this variation to where the dots don't stack and or do a universal nerf to the character on his loop able 50/50s possibly both. And piercing mileena needs some type of minor nerf as well. The rest of the top tiers to be honest with you are manageable with enough matchup knowledge. The game would be so much better if one last patch could make this happen. Please make it happen sometime before injustice 2 so MKX can live longer than until next April

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I lmao at all the people who tried so hard to convince everyone that tarkatan was better than acidic. They should have nerfed this variation to where the dots don't stack and or do a universal nerf to the character on his loop able 50/50s possibly both. And piercing mileena needs some type of minor nerf as well. The rest of the top tiers to be honest with you are manageable with enough matchup knowledge. The game would be so much better if one last patch could make this happen. Please make it happen sometime before injustice 2 so MKX can live longer than until next April
Cutthroat Kano is just as good as Alien and Mileena.

shura30

Shura
please explain to the plebs how to play the b12 game
I'm all for it but thinking on how much effort is required to counter such tool compared to the risk/reward situation is absurd

so is tarkatan, a-list, hellfire, swarmqueen, any relentless cancel pressure with tons of stagger and mixup possibilities that continuously reset into themselves
yes, you can use the engine and buffer armor/backdashes here and there, make a read, learn all the patterns but, again, risk/reward
add this to the actual hitbox and blockstun issues and you're in for a nightmarish experience