Which game was worse?

• Raiders of the Lost Ark (Atari)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Superman (N64)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
For the next month, I will run a poll to decide the absolute worst game of all time. I'll post the bracket below so you can take a look at it.

RULES
-Rounds last 24 hours, ending at midnight
-Vote with the buttons on the front page
-Most votes advances to next round
-Tiebreakers will be decided with sudden death (next vote wins)

Worst game of all time bracket

CHAMPIONSHIT MATCH

3. Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark (Atari 2600)

Oh those lovely Atari games. This game was the prehistoric version of Castlevania 2: Simon's Quest. Some of the secrets in this game are so cryptic that you will never figure them out. This game required the use of TWO controllers in order to play it. Also, due to the pixelated graphics, it's nearly impossible to tell what the hell you are looking at. Just watch the video to see what I mean. I'd rather play North and South on the NES than this piece of shit.

VS

1. Superman (N64)

This game is so shitty I automatically advanced it two rounds, lol. How shitty is it you ask? Well for one, it's easily the worst N64 game ever created. What makes it so bad? The gameplay. You fly through rings, rings, rings, more, rings, and did I mention you fly through rings? It's like an eternal Star Fox practice mode. On the off chance you manage to beat the ring mode, you have an impossible to beat the first time challenge in 6 seconds. If you fail... back to the rings again. Why the fuck does there need to be so much emphasis on the damn rings? Not to mention, where is the Superman theme?! It's all generic crappy music. The graphics are N64-esque. Lots of polygons, but piss poor textures and anti-aliasing. I will give away a free copy of MK9 to anyone who plays through this game, records themselves, and beats it without failing a single mission even once. Assuming you have the patience, I feel confident in saying I have nothing to worry about.

X820

Noob
Shittiest game of all time

Pac man is listed? you blasphemer :p

There are a lot of crappy games on there though lol.

Shame "pit fighter" isn't on there (one of the worst fighting games ever imo).

MKB

Forum General Emeritus

ScheissNussen said:
@2:32 This is how shitty Tattoo Assassins is

A small combo vid I did of one of the chars, yeah mame actually plays better than the arcade version because it actually plays :p. Watch the combo at 0:23, the game actually slows down for no reason. It also speeds up for the last few hits of any round making any combos impossible.

I didn't play all of those games. Maybe some videos would help if you can find them. Some of those titles look pretty obscure.
I'll post video and text descriptions when possible

MKB

Forum General Emeritus

X820 said:
Pac man is listed? you blasphemer :p

There are a lot of crappy games on there though lol.

Shame "pit fighter" isn't on there (one of the worst fighting games ever imo).
The Arcade version of Pac-Man is the shit. The Atari 2600 version on the other hand, is ASS. It was partly responsible for the video game crash of 1983 due to it's subpar graphics and unfaithful resemblance to the original.

X820

Noob

DCIguy said:
The Arcade version of Pac-Man is the shit. The Atari 2600 version on the other hand, is ASS. It was partly responsible for the video game crash of 1983 due to it's subpar graphics and unfaithful resemblance to the original.
I stand corrected, I remember playing this monstrosity.

X820

Noob

ScheissNussen said:
Haha that looks pretty bad. I don't think I've ever seen that before.
I'm not really a huge fan of the original pacman, but you have to almost give them points for fucking up such a simple game.
Yeah it's pretty ridiculous, when I saw that vid on youtube I got a flashback of me as a kid thinking, what the hell is this, pacman on the machine doesn't look like this.

Not to mention the sound, dude that shit gets on your nerves after 2.3 seconds...

Ugh, I know what I'm voting already lol.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus

Today's Matchup:

1. ET (Atari 2600)

This game is widely considered one of the worst games ever to be released for the Atari 2600. Many copies of this game were returned almost immediately due to the horrible gameplay. Atari went to such lengths to bury unsold copies of this game in a desert out in the state of New Mexico. Most importantly, it is often cited as one of the key contributors to the video game crash of 1983 that almost put the gaming industry out of business.

VS

8. Aquaman: Battle for Atlantis (Gamecube, XBox)

Simply put, a shitty third-party, cross-platform shovelware title. Most repulsing features are repetitive gameplay, craptastic graphics, and sound. What less could you ask for?

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder

You know what's funny is I actually rented Superman 64 as a kid. I played it for maybe 2 minutes. Years later I found out that it's supposedly one of the worst games of all time and it made sense.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus

Well I guess these games are so shitty that nobody even wants to disgrace them with a vote, lol

Goofart

Mr. Sexy Pants

Judging by controls, I'd have to say Time Killers stunk more than Tattoo Assasins.

But Kasumi Ninja.... that may be in a league of it's own in terms of utter shittiness

MKB

Forum General Emeritus

Tim Static said:
are we supposed to vote in thread? if so, ET easily.
Yes, just vote in this thread.

I'm moving ET on to the next round by default. This one is no contest.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus

Today's Matchup:

4. Bebe's Kids (SNES)

Here's a game based off an infamous animated movie. The movie was a bomb in theatres and even moreso on the SNES. The gameplay itself is tiring and monotonous. Enemies require 1000 punches to kill and the characters move slower than molasses. Easily one of the worst games on the SNES.

VS

5. Total Recall (NES)

Put this cartridge into your console and you'll be taking it right back out in a few moments. The game barely resembles the movie, if at all. Gameplay is ridiculous and enemies consist of jumping midgets. The hero doesn't resemble Arnold at all, the music is ass, what more needs to be said?

MKB

Forum General Emeritus

Yeah I have to vote bebe's kids as well. Not many shittier games on the SNES than this.

Dyzvhtynzal

Kombatant

Golgo 13 Mafat Conspiracy or something was bad. Had me pretty upset as a kid. So was Friday the 13th for nintendo I think.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus

Going forward, please do not post in this thread unless you intend to discuss the games listed in this poll or actually cast a vote. All off-topic posts will be deleted.