What's new

General/Other - Shinnok Shinnok General Discussion Thread

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Screwed around in the lab and realized that Jax might be (one of the few?) really good matchups for dear old Shin. In heavy arms he has no reversals against f22 meaning you can go ham and confirm into whatever when needed. In Pumped Up he has to spend bar for Gotcha Extreme which only leads to 16%. In Wrestler he can reach you with his grapple but you can just mix up between f22 and f223 since the grapple won't reach f223 but it will get dash punched. The reach of f2 will also catch backdashes.

Finally if you're playing impostor you can just confirm into mimicry and get unblockable 27-30% depending on which string you hit him with. So yeah not sure what Jax can do.

EDIT: forgot that bone shaper has a different f22.

Last edited:

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
Screwed around in the lab and realized that Jax might be (one of the few?) really good matchups for dear old Shin. In heavy arms he has no reversals against f22 meaning you can go ham and confirm into whatever when needed. In Pumped Up he has to spend bar for Gotcha Extreme which only leads to 16%. In Wrestler he can reach you with his grapple but you can just mix up between f22 and f223 since the grapple won't reach f223 but it will get dash punched. The reach of f2 will also catch backdashes.

Finally if you're playing impostor you can just confirm into mimicry and get unblockable 27-30% depending on which string you hit him with. So yeah not sure what Jax can do.

EDIT: forgot that bone shaper has a different f22.
i think he struggles against jax in necromancer so this is good to know. i always was about plying this matchup with impostor however but boner shaper seems to do well also

regulas

Your Emporer
Do you know if the F22 frame data being -8 is only the regular version? What about the Boneshaper F22?

Ninequads93

Beware your Fears
I feel like the frame date on b2 double punch is wrong it says it's negative 11 but doesn't seem so can anyone give it a check for me or I can check when I get off work

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
I feel like the frame date on b2 double punch is wrong it says it's negative 11 but doesn't seem so can anyone give it a check for me or I can check when I get off work
I can't but I will say people can poke with a d1 after. I just do it for spacing which it is quite effective for.

Also shout outs to @AVN PTH jonnitti for pointing out the frame data for F2,2 xx Flick was wrong, he helped me win a lot of matches today.

I will say he still suffers against characters like Kung Jin.

Ninequads93

Beware your Fears
I can't but I will say people can poke with a d1 after. I just do it for spacing which it is quite effective for.

Also shout outs to @AVN PTH jonnitti for pointing out the frame data for F2,2 xx Flick was wrong, he helped me win a lot of matches today.

I will say he still suffers against characters like Kung Jin.

Hmm it might just be the pushback tats making it seem less negative alright thanks bro

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
Guys, I think there's something to Shinnok's F3. The move has great range and it looks like it can go over certain low pokes. The hit advantage is solid if it does connect and it's not punishable if it's blocked. Seems like a good footsies tool to utilize. That and his B1. Definitely going to be using these two normals more.

RM_NINfan101

Guys, I think there's something to Shinnok's F3. The move has great range and it looks like it can go over certain low pokes. The hit advantage is solid if it does connect and it's not punishable if it's blocked. Seems like a good footsies tool to utilize. That and his B1. Definitely going to be using these two normals more.
F3 also advances him slightly forward and can be special cancelled.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
And I think there's something to his 3,1,2 string.

Have you guys found any uses for it?

RM_NINfan101

And I think there's something to his 3,1,2 string.

Have you guys found any uses for it?
Aside from using it into the corner and making it safe with Flick in Necro or using EX Amulet, no. What do you have by chance?

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Well its variation specific but in necromancer (against females) you can do 312xxMB shoulder and have enough time to land the flick after. 30% with full-screen and an eject roll knockdown meaning you have time to use other moves like his unblockable while they get up.

Otherwise it feels like a throw-away string. With the right spacing 32xxhell sparks will hit all 3 times.

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
so i used impostor today during the session that cdjr was streaming. burns out that the vortex is at least going to work for the time being. i was using it a lot during the off stream casuals against quan and ermac. im strting to like impostor a little bit more than necromancer now

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
I'm putting together some options in different matchups, I don't have the time to finish more episodes atm but here's #1, vs D'Vorah

TL;DR her shitty reversals makes your f2/f22/f223 guessing game totally in your favor. Also she can't really punish you for checking her with standing 3 or b3 in to hell blaze.

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
impostor eats jax alive. Those free 30% combos are godlike
well im not entirely sure. he has a 5 frame standing jab so keep that in mind. and he can really blow your ass up for hellsparks. just know that whenever you hand a hit you're pretty much getting at least 40% meterless. its hard to say because i feel like he definitely wins in the neutral but hes got some really silly dirt on him. reason why i feel liek bone shaper might be better is just for the different normals and strings might possibly deal with him better but i havent tested it out yet.

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
I'm putting together some options in different matchups, I don't have the time to finish more episodes atm but here's #1, vs D'Vorah

TL;DR her shitty reversals makes your f2/f22/f223 guessing game totally in your favor. Also she can't really punish you for checking her with standing 3 or b3 in to hell blaze.

you really shouldn't be using hellsparks on block. pretty much everyone can run up and jab punish from what i can understand. however i understand that off of b3 you gotta go balls deep

d'vorah also has some pretty long ass normals. you should also check thoese out and her standing jab. if she can't punish f22 (so she doesn't have a 6 frame move) then you really dont have to do anything afterwards and you don't really need to put yourself out there. i haven't really taken a look into that MU.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
you really shouldn't be using hellsparks on block. pretty much everyone can run up and jab punish from what i can understand. however i understand that off of b3 you gotta go balls deep

d'vorah also has some pretty long ass normals. you should also check thoese out and her standing jab. if she can't punish f22 (so she doesn't have a 6 frame move) then you really dont have to do anything afterwards and you don't really need to put yourself out there. i haven't really taken a look into that MU.
yeah I'm gonna dig deeper into the normals, but I just want to put out the basics there

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
well im not entirely sure. he has a 5 frame standing jab so keep that in mind. and he can really blow your ass up for hellsparks. just know that whenever you hand a hit you're pretty much getting at least 40% meterless. its hard to say because i feel like he definitely wins in the neutral but hes got some really silly dirt on him. reason why i feel liek bone shaper might be better is just for the different normals and strings might possibly deal with him better but i havent tested it out yet.
yeah jax looks solid overall but the mere range of f2 should buy you a lot of leverage in the match but meh I ain't even maining Shinook so just ignore me really heh

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
yeah jax looks solid overall but the mere range of f2 should buy you a lot of leverage in the match but meh I ain't even maining Shinook so just ignore me really heh
Well its really good you gave me the idea. Next time I get to play against cdjr im going to try that

Coming from a street fighter background, im just playing footsies with necro shinnok and buffering all my pokes into flick. If it hits then great, if not, it's safe (but it isn't a true block string usually?). I am i doing something wrong? I doesn't seem that the flick is getting much love here.

so i used impostor today during the session that cdjr was streaming. burns out that the vortex is at least going to work for the time being. i was using it a lot during the off stream casuals against quan and ermac. im strting to like impostor a little bit more than necromancer now
Is there a footage?!)