What are your thoughts on Sheeva?

• Love her

• Happy to see her back

• Indifferent

• Dislike her

Results are only viewable after voting.

JINNOCIDE

I only show up when a new game's around
Loved her. Nice to see a Shokan reference. Her face is very familiar to me tho... did they based her on someone famous?

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not
It's the lack of make-up in MK11 that puts off some people. If her lips were colored and her eyebrows were slimmer, they wouldn't complain.

Personally, I think she's more realistic in MK11. She SHOULD look like a shemale, imo - she's barbaric and a warrior in a race of brutes.

projectzero00

nomnomnom
It's the lack of make-up in MK11 that puts off some people. If her lips were colored and her eyebrows were slimmer, they wouldn't complain.

Personally, I think she's more realistic in MK11. She SHOULD look like a shemale, imo - she's barbaric and a warrior in a race of brutes.
Exactly. Shes not supposed to look feminine. However I wouldn't mind the black lips. Not as lipstick tho, more of a war-paint sort of thing that she had as an alternate in MK9. Or it could be her natural lip colour, the whole "draconic features" sort of thing.

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
I voted indifferent, but I have to admit that she looks amazing. It'd be interesting to know the reason behind putting her in the game over other highly requested characters. Definitely more hype for Fujin, but no hate towards her.

Komenja

Noob
Favorite character in MK9, super stoked to see her back and I love her new design! It's probably my favorite design she's had; could use more muscle definition but her new armor is rad. The face doesn't bother me, it looks a lot like her MKA face. I hope the leak about her being a kombat pack character ends up being correct.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Who gives a shit what she looks like....It's Sheeva. Why is this boring goro rip off taking a spot instead of other better characters we've grown to love over the years.
Freaking Sheeva.....almost on the level of Hsu Hao and just as boring as Moloch

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
I love her! I think she looks badass and her costume is dope. I also love her face.

But, I'm sure she's gonna get the MKX Tanya treatment and look a bit different by the time she's released as DLC. I hope she's an absolute beast in story mode and I hope her voice is dope too. Other than that I have no complaints.

Warrior queen of the Shokan..........on the same level as Hsu Hao.....and Moloch.........nope lmao.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
I think she is ugly af but everyone has thier preference.
I'm indifferent in the sense I don't care about her and won't play her other than MU if she is in the game which I'm not convinced. She looked more like an NPC than anyone.
I would rather have other characters in her place and Ash(OMFG that's dumb) like :

Smoke(human)
Cyrax
Sektor
Reptile
Sindel
Nightwolf
Mileena
Tanya
Tremor
Chameleon
Ermac

These all look like better characters to me.

But I am happy fans got her if she is in.

projectzero00

nomnomnom
Who gives a shit what she looks like....It's Sheeva.
According to this poll, 70% of people here do.

Why is this boring goro rip off taking a spot instead of other better characters we've grown to love over the years.
Oh so a single playable female Shokan -a whole species in the MK universe- makes her a ripoff huh? With the same logic Reptile, Kintaro, Jade, Smoke, Noob, Ermac, Rain, Frost, Kenshi, Cassie, Jacqui, etc are complete ripoffs because they share similar powers/appearance/background to a character that came before them. The fact that you compare Sheeva, one of the classic characters of the first trilogy, to Hsu Hao and Moloch tells me you're a joke. Also the fact that you complain that she "took" a spot from other characters, when in reality she's way overdue of getting some screentime, tells me you're a bit salty your fav didn't make it. Stay pressed.

They can make her queen of the world for all I care. Her personality and character are as complex as a turnip lol
As were all MK characters before MK9. Get over it, none of my favourite characters made it in MK11 (Mileena, Rain, Fujin, Sheeva, Sindel) but I'm still glad for people who got theirs after missing them out on MKX. And even if you dislike a character there's still tons of characters to choose from.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
According to this poll, 70% of people here do.
Oh so a single playable female Shokan -a whole species in the MK universe- makes her a ripoff huh? With the same logic Reptile, Kintaro, Jade, Smoke, Noob, Ermac, Rain, Frost, Kenshi, Cassie, Jacqui, etc are complete ripoffs because they share similar powers/appearance/background to a character that came before them. The fact that you compare Sheeva, one of the classic characters of the first trilogy, to Hsu Hao and Moloch tells me you're a joke. Also the fact that you complain that she "took" a spot from other characters, when in reality she's way overdue of getting some screentime, tells me you're a bit salty your fav didn't make it. Stay pressed.
Lol How representative is this poll of the MK fanbase....You got like 50 people that responded. Hell of a sample size you got there.

My characters made it in and Im not too worried for the missing one ;).
I'll give you that, Jacqui, Kintaro are lame too. But then saying the rest are ripoffs, well that statement alone cant make me take you seriously.
But I'm curious, what can you tell me about sheeva without referring to her status or race.....

I was pretty surprised to see her in story mode over other MK3 characters that could have been there.

Anyway, I'm indifferent. She's never been a favorite of mine, but I never hated her either. If she makes it in as DLC, that's fine with me. If she doesn't make it in, that's also fine with me.

projectzero00

nomnomnom
Lol How representative is this poll of the MK fanbase....You got like 50 people that responded. Hell of a sample size you got there.

My characters made it in and Im not too worried for the missing one ;).
I'll give you that, Jacqui, Kintaro are lame too. But then saying the rest are ripoffs, well that statement alone cant make me take you seriously.
But I'm curious, what can you tell me about sheeva without referring to her status or race.....
Sure 50 people might not represent the whole community, but TYM people are mostly hardcore fans so I'd say it's indicative of a character's popularity.
I didn't say the rest of the characters are ripoffs, I said "With your logic" they are. My issue is that NRS keep recycling the same characters and storylines instead of characters with so much untapped potential.

Imo Sheeva could be an amazing character first and foremost from a background perspective. In MK3 she had kind of a tragic storyline. She didn't trust Shao Kahn due to him ordering her to fight alongside Motaro (Shokan and Centaurs had a bloodfeud for centuries) yet she had to obbey him in order to protect her race. Then was betrayed when Shao Kahn launched an attack against the Shokan. She then assassinated Motaro for revenge but was seen by Kano who promised to keep quiet in return of gold. Then she was once again betrayed and eventually killed by Shao Kahn. MK9 didn't really do her justice as she was just portrayed as a lackey, but in the comics and the lore in general she is portrayed as a strong, proud Queen whose people adore and respect.
I also give the character points for originality in terms of appearance. Females in fighting games are usually small, thin, feminine, sexualised, whereas Sheeva is this huge, muscular, 4-armed, amazonian-like, dragon humanoid. That alone sets her apart from so many similar female characters. Does that cover you?

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
In MK3 she had kind of a tragic storyline. She didn't trust Shao Kahn due to him ordering her to fight alongside Motaro (Shokan and Centaurs had a bloodfeud for centuries) yet she had to obbey him in order to protect her race. Then was betrayed when Shao Kahn launched an attack against the Shokan. She then assassinated Motaro for revenge but was seen by Kano who promised to keep quiet in return of gold. Then she was once again betrayed and eventually killed by Shao Kahn. MK9 didn't really do her justice as she was just portrayed as a lackey, but in the comics and the lore in general she is portrayed as a strong, proud Queen whose people adore and respect.
I also give the character points for originality in terms of appearance. Females in fighting games are usually small, thin, feminine, sexualised, whereas Sheeva is this huge, muscular, 4-armed, amazonian-like, dragon humanoid. That alone sets her apart from so many similar female characters. Does that cover you?
I dont read the comics. The games story should stand on its own. Just like a movie shouldnt require the fans to do some extra reading.

From what you're describing, it sounds to me like her story arc was completed. And, not knowing what to do with her in MK9, she was confined to a lackey position by NRS.

As for appearance, if you're describing shape (thin, small, feminine, muscular), then she is to Goro what Ashrah is to Raiden. Similar format as her male counterpart but a female version (ie smaller frame). When I think of original design though, I find Cetrion, Kronika, Dvorah, & MK11 Frost way more original. But ultimately, what matters more than that is personality and style. From your synopsis, all I can tell is that Sheeva keeps trusting the wrong ppl, that's the extent of her character arc lol

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
I dont read the comics. The games story should stand on its own. Just like a movie shouldnt require the fans to do some extra reading.
So you should be pretty excited at the prospect of Sheeva having a role to play in MK11 proper! Where she will almost certainly continue to be characterized as Shawn Kittelsen characterized her in the comics.

From what you're describing, it sounds to me like her story arc was completed. And, not knowing what to do with her in MK9, she was confined to a lackey position by NRS.
Plenty of other characters got to recycle their original story arcs in MK9: Bi Han, Scorpion, Johnny, Sonya, Jax, Kitana, Stryker, Kabal, Quan Chi. The reason she wasnt given much is simply that they didnt care to give her much. That's it.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Im down for Sheeva. She is one of the classics who hasn't been treated all that greatly in-game over the years. Hope to see her turn out awesome if she really is in MK11!