What's new

Tech Shazzy's Martian Wakeup Punishing Tech

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
All the MMH tech you need, breh

That looks like some really high execution stuff man, I wouldn't be doing that any day of the week... I mean, the timing! Too early and it drops, too late and you'll have missed the opportunity. Only our lord Tru3T4l3nt could do such godlike things.

mwelele zaza

Aioffe Belle
Thanks to @Gankula, here's what it looks like. After the 11u3 string, all you need to do is cancel into tele for the punish.

With Martian if you end a combo in phase, then quickly dash up and do 11u3 into tele, you can blow up 90% of wakeups, no mater how invincible, in this game. Basically Martian just straight up goes over their wakeup. Depending on the recovery frames you can punish with overhead tele and have it hit for 42% meterless.

If they don't wake up, you can cancel into overhead tele and be -8.

In the corner, after push or b13, you have enough time to do 11u3 too. The cool thing here is that the u3, if they don't wakeup, is a crossup. You can do it midscreen too, but it's pretty tight.

Some MUs (Sinestro, Batman, WoWo other characters with shitty wakups) don't really need their WUs blown up. The ones with annoying WU (Flash, DD, etc) can't WU.

That's everything for now.

@EMPEROR_JUPITER
@Espio

@Red Reaper
Hi am using a mobile phone so I can't see the video can u please send me the video URL but edit it e.g you!tube.com/watch then I will just delete the "!" So that I can see the video thanks

Gankula

Noob
I guess just list the wake ups people have trouble with, and I'll make a compilation video. Also, if you end a combo with a BGB you have enough time to set up an orb and do this set up.

Youphemism

Well, I know how BG and even Lobo players seem to think it's 5-5. But I think those are very optimistic views on the mu. Besides those 5 I listed, I always feel I have the advantage. It depends on the stage, too.
Your zoning is less effective on Batgirl than Lobo though, or at least it costs us less meter to get out of it and at least we have full screen counterzoning. We can trade using bola and get free vortex or use the plus frames on block to make our way in. Your footsies haunt our dreams but we make up for it in corner damage and the fact we can avoid or stuff every single one of your wakeups. We'll tend to have more meter over the course of the match too since most likely you'll be using yours to effectively zone us which then gives us the meter advantage and blah blah blah vortex. I feel it's a challenging 5-5 on both sides, actually one of my favourites to play believe it or not since it tests both sides. If there were a hype top tier match to watch it's this one

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
Your zoning is less effective on Batgirl than Lobo though, or at least it costs us less meter to get out of it and at least we have full screen counterzoning. We can trade using bola and get free vortex or use the plus frames on block to make our way in. Your footsies haunt our dreams but we make up for it in corner damage and the fact we can avoid or stuff every single one of your wakeups. We'll tend to have more meter over the course of the match too since most likely you'll be using yours to effectively zone us which then gives us the meter advantage and blah blah blah vortex. I feel it's a challenging 5-5 on both sides, actually one of my favourites to play believe it or not since it tests both sides. If there were a hype top tier match to watch it's this one
I don't think Batgirl should ever try counterzoning with her slow projectiles. At best we'll probably trade. At worst I'll punish with tele.
Your vortex is unsafe on Martian.
Hella outfootsies.
Punish your WUs.
Batgirl has to take the most risks in neutral imo.
She does have the corner going for her, though.

If you ever want to run the MU, I'm down.

Youphemism

I don't think Batgirl should ever try counterzoning with her slow projectiles. At best we'll probably trade. At worst I'll punish with tele.
Your vortex is unsafe on Martian.
Hella outfootsies.
Punish your WUs.
Batgirl has to take the most risks in neutral imo.
She does have the corner going for her, though.

If you ever want to run the MU, I'm down.
Yeah obviously counterprojectiles are only on a read. But if we do trade, that's vortex, all I need to do is tech roll.
True, but cartwheel puts you in a guessing situation too although it pushes you away if it hits :/
She does get outfootsied but your trait has to run out eventually...
We can punish yours too
Thats almost every match though hahaha
Deal with it :cool:

Sure, obviously cant right now but I'll add you once I'm home. But I'll tell you right now, it's online and casuals don't matter :DOGE

Shaazzyam

Yeah obviously counterprojectiles are only on a read. But if we do trade, that's vortex, all I need to do is tech roll.
True, but cartwheel puts you in a guessing situation too although it pushes you away if it hits :/
She does get outfootsied but your trait has to run out eventually...
We can punish yours too
Thats almost every match though hahaha
Deal with it :cool:

Sure, obviously cant right now but I'll add you once I'm home. But I'll tell you right now, it's online and casuals don't matter :DOGE
I meant your wakeups are stuffable.

Mmm. I just think the risk/reward is mostly in Martian's favor in almost all situations outside of the corner. Also, you don't have a safe vortex. That helps.

And you're right they don't, but you can get a decent feel of the MU.

Youphemism

I meant your wakeups are stuffable.

Mmm. I just think the risk/reward is mostly in Martian's favor in almost all situations outside of the corner. Also, you don't have a safe vortex. That helps.

And you're right they don't, but you can get a decent feel of the MU.
So are yours....mostly

Yeah but, knowing that, we can always cancel into b2d3 so you cant punish us, or we can always go low for no risk and plus frames on some uninterruptable blockstrings.

But Martian doesn't have to do anything particularly risky. Most of his blockstrings can just be cancelled into ex orbs for plus frames, and that meter deficit always lies in our favour. If we had to use all our meter then it'd be 6-4 probably but also with vortex and corner game there's just not enough factors for her to technically lose this imo
I know that, I was kidding...believe in the doge face! ;)

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
So I didnt see this posted anywhere but I was playing @Immortal Kombat last night and he was telling me that the u3 was reversing his inputs on his wakeup. Also ive noticed on some characters it doesnt always cross up, but can still get a punish. Do I have to hit confirm the input for the tele or just buffer it and it will automatically come out? @Shaazzyam

Gankula

Noob
So I didnt see this posted anywhere but I was playing @Immortal Kombat last night and he was telling me that the u3 was reversing his inputs on his wakeup. Also ive noticed on some characters it doesnt always cross up, but can still get a punish. Do I have to hit confirm the input for the tele or just buffer it and it will automatically come out? @Shaazzyam
1,1, u3, d,f,3 , d,b,3 is the motion I use. I've been getting away with this little bad boy for days now. You have enough time to recognize some wakeups and hold down for the oh tele into 42% punish.

Shaazzyam

I didn't get this alert. Done properly, It should always go over the WU so you shouldn't have to worry about hitconfirming... but yeah if it's stuffing WUs then that's cool too. Just gotta be ready for it, I guess.

1,1, u3, d,f,3 , d,b,3 is the motion I use. I've been getting away with this little bad boy for days now. You have enough time to recognize some wakeups and hold down for the oh tele into 42% punish.
This guy gets it.

Last edited: