What's new

Tech Shazzy's Martian Wakeup Punishing Tech

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
Thanks to @Gankula, here's what it looks like. After the 11u3 string, all you need to do is cancel into tele for the punish.

With Martian if you end a combo in phase, then quickly dash up and do 11u3 into tele, you can blow up 90% of wakeups, no mater how invincible, in this game. Basically Martian just straight up goes over their wakeup. Depending on the recovery frames you can punish with overhead tele and have it hit for 42% meterless.

If they don't wake up, you can cancel into overhead tele and be -8.

In the corner, after push or b13, you have enough time to do 11u3 too. The cool thing here is that the u3, if they don't wakeup, is a crossup. You can do it midscreen too, but it's pretty tight.

Some MUs (Sinestro, Batman, WoWo other characters with shitty wakups) don't really need their WUs blown up. The ones with annoying WU (Flash, DD, etc) can't WU.

That's everything for now.

@EMPEROR_JUPITER
@Espio

@Red Reaper

Last edited:

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
Thats pretty neat....but how is that much different then just jumping into a tele?
It's more likely to bait wakeups instead of just sitting halfscreen hoping you guess their WU correctly. You don't have to deal with "what ifs". You don't have to worry if flash will wakeup with uppercut or charge or pound.

I think it's just more efficient. More safe

Espio

Kokomo
Oki is a big thing for me in general so this has me super hype, can't wait for the vid :).

Shazzy is the West Coast Martian we need ;__;.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
For like the 3 Martian mains here you go:

With Martian if you end a combo in phase, then quickly dash up and do 11u3 into tele, you can blow up 90% of wakeups, no mater how invincible, in this game. Basically Martian just straight up goes over their wakeup. Depending on the recovery frames you can punish with overhead tele and have it hit for 42% meterless.

If they don't wake up, you can cancel into overhead tele and be -8.

In the corner, after push or b13, you have enough time to do 11u3 too. The cool thing here is that the u3, if they don't wakeup, is a crossup. You can do it midscreen too, but it's pretty tight.

Some MUs (Sinestro, Batman, WoWo other characters with shitty wakups) don't really need their WUs blown up. The ones with annoying WU (Flash, DD, etc) can't WU.

That's everything for now.

@EMPEROR_JUPITER
@Espio

And the most gawdlike martian @Cossner

@STB Shujinkydink has offered to record it, but if anyone else wants to help that's cool.
Venom Upper?

E

Eldriken

It doesn't work on Bane. His hitbox is that ridiculous.

But you shouldn't really be trying to blow up his armored wakeups like that anyway.
This. I don't think anyone bothers trying to find ways around Bane's wake ups 'cause it just isn't happening. -.- Just walk back. >_>

I can blow 'em up every now and again with a well timed Earth Shake, but it's too risky.