What's new

Shao Kahn Discussion Thread

Endeezdafreak

Big boi Shao <3
Okay, so after playing him for two days in the tournament variations I have to say his combos aren't really there. Top damage i got was around 300 off of a krushing blow.

Risen emperor variation:
F21 xx bf3MB doesnt connect into anything.
12 xx bf3MB, f21 xx bf3 = ~230 damage
23 doesn't connect with bf3, so you're left with db1, bf1, db2 or fd3. The 23 xx bf1 leaves them at around f2 distance. The rest (except db2) can be amplified for some sexy damage.

That's all I got for now.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Okay, so after playing him for two days in the tournament variations I have to say his combos aren't really there. Top damage i got was around 300 off of a krushing blow.

Risen emperor variation:
23 doesn't connect with bf3, so you're left with db1, bf1, db2 or fd3. The 23 xx bf1 leaves them at around f2 distance. The rest (except db2) can be amplified for some sexy damage.

Does he have any restands or other dirt? Maybe he’s just not meant to be a high combo-damage character, more of a chunk-damage dealer.

Endeezdafreak

Big boi Shao <3
Does he have any restands or other dirt? Maybe he’s just not meant to be a high combo-damage character, more of a chunk-damage dealer.
No restands but he does have the range advantage. In the variation I tried he can buff himself with dd1 which makes his hammer green. If I'm not mistaken f2 xx db3MB does around 250 damage with the buff. So not many combos but scary damage off of whiffs. I havent been able to try it out online yet so this is all speculation.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
No restands but he does have the range advantage. In the variation I tried he can buff himself with dd1 which makes his hammer green. If I'm not mistaken f2 xx db3MB does around 250 damage with the buff. So not many combos but scary damage off of whiffs. I havent been able to try it out online yet so this is all speculation.
What's the recovery on that buff? It is pretty easy to get out? And what does the green hammer do? Just a damage buff?

Endeezdafreak

Big boi Shao <3
81 frames on recovery, it's the "dark priest" one. Buffs all of the hammer attacks. Great to do on hard knockdown. I tried it with 23 xx dd1 but that was punished. B3 xx dd1 seems to work. Gotta test more.

Endeezdafreak

Big boi Shao <3
81 frames on recovery, it's the "dark priest" one. Buffs all of the hammer attacks. Great to do on hard knockdown. I tried it with 23 xx dd1 but that was punished. B3 xx dd1 seems to work. Gotta test more.
Yeah, none of these work. Cant cancel from b3 and everyone has some sort of tool to punish you during dark priest. 23 xx dd1 gets punished too, f4 into dd1 gets punished. So far I'm not able to make it work.

Parasurama

Dragon

Risen emperor variation:

How does he do against zoning?
Damage with buff?

Endeezdafreak

Big boi Shao <3
How does he do against zoning?
Damage with buff?
I havent tried him out online yet but looking at his toolset, he doesn't have answers to zoning. His own projectile bf1 is very slow. The upside is that it impales the opponent for a bit before they fall down so that would give him opportunity to get in.

Regarding the buff: on shorter strings with special cancels it can add up to 5%. Tonight I'll have more time to test everything out and provide some solid numbers.

SE1Z3

Noob
Are we allowed to post a clip? Wanted to show this corner restand.. At the moment it seems gimmicky since even though bd4 restands it seems to leave you at negative frames.. which kinda defeats its own purpose.. I have been going nuts trying to find a viable way to end in Ridicule/Humiliate and so far I only have F21xxRidicule.

I love the character so I’m in it for the long run. But those recovery frames, not even the very hard AI bothers trying to use it and if it does it gets stuffed every time.

Endeezdafreak

Big boi Shao <3
Are we allowed to post a clip? Wanted to show this corner restand.. At the moment it seems gimmicky since even though bd4 restands it seems to leave you at negative frames.. which kinda defeats its own purpose.. I have been going nuts trying to find a viable way to end in Ridicule/Humiliate and so far I only have F21xxRidicule.

I love the character so I’m in it for the long run. But those recovery frames, not even the very hard AI bothers trying to use it and if it does it gets stuffed every time.
Are you using the other variation? I wasnt aware that has a restand.

Endeezdafreak

Big boi Shao <3
I’m using almost exclusively True Kahn, played about 50 games online. Ground Shatter gives a somewhat underwhelming restand
I see. I almost immediately gravitated towards Risen Emperor because both the frames and the damage looked better.

How did you fare online?

E

Eldriken

This dude says "I will make Outworld great again" or some such.

I give you Shao Krump.

Agilaz

It has begun
I'm liking SK so far, the amount of range he has is pretty good but he does get zoned out a lot. And the low profiling, lordy..

Anyway, still looking for taunt setups. I play True Kahn and I'm struggling to incorporate them in my game.

Feels like in most cases, you'd just need to take the hit. I'm actually ok with that, the issue is that I'm getting hit out of the taunt before the effect activates lol