What's new

Shang Tsung Gameplay Trailer & Kombat Pack Revealed!

It's finally here! The DLC trailer showing off Shang Tsung and letting us know who is still to come. Check it out!

Shang Tsung will be available June 18th to Kombat Pack owners along with the Klassic Arcade Ninja skin pack which includes MK2-inspired skins for Sub-Zero, Scorpion, and Noob Saibot!

Kombat Pack line-up:
  • Shang Tsung
  • Nightwolf
  • Sindel
  • Spawn
  • ...and two more guests to be revealed soon
The Kombat Pack also includes more gear and skins for every character, with a total of 19 additional skins!

Thanks @Darth-Nero for the additional information.

Last edited:

Comments

Sheeva in 2020... I... I let myself be hurt. I thought her being key in the story mode would elevate her in the order.... No it's got to be three guests before her. Ash, and Spawn, and Terminator are more important than the game's Shokan.

Dust the salt off.... Ugh....

I'm genuinely excited for Shang and Sindel and Nightwolf. Just a heavy loss this year for Sheeva fans. RIP.

See you in 2020 Queen. =/
I agree. I’m more hyped for ash than terminator. Half and half is a bit much. I got everything I wanted (guest and mk roster) so I can’t complain but I do like Sheeva and I feel you though.

why people are assuming there are additional 3 guests? the logical answer is that Fujin, Sheeva e Joker are gonna be released later in a 3 way pack probably

Imagine if we lived in a world where both Kombat Packs were pure MK characters? 12 really well made MK characters, done with justice like this rendition of Shang Tsung.

What a fucking world that’d be. Never understood the hype for guests and will always be adamantly against them. Street Fighter never feels the need to do this shit, and whatever guests it has are from other fighting games and fit perfectly.

To have half and half is pure insult, idgaf if it makes me a moaning bitch. We’ll never get a pure MK again.

This was really disappointing to me, unfortunately. That fatal blow is barely his own, and the amount of transforming moves, I really couldn't see a lot of the sorcerer Shang, just the mimic. I get the concept though, and I'm glad he rid us of bad MKX ninja rehash DLC.

Will give him a try with his unique moves and see if there are nice ways to play him with the custom variations.

Shang looks awesome. Not sure I like him borrowing the moves of others, but at least for him it's fitting.
That fatal blow though?

Kintaro looks cool as hell.

On other note, they didn't do the usual animated trailer of Al the fighters, which makes me think they either aren't ready yet or want to build suspense.

I really hope Sindel doesn't have her scream from MK9... I liked her scream that's similar to Kitanas fans.

Hype for all of them especially my man Shang. I for one like guest characters. I really enjoyed Freddy, Leather, and Jason especially in the past. Hope these ones are just as good.

Because the wording in the trailer LITERALLY says and 3 more Guests. Not 3 more Kombatants.
I'm not talking about KP1. I know there's 3 guests coming. I saw people assuming that, because there is a KP with 3 MK and 3 guests, the second KP would follow the same pattern. I don't think that's true. They can easily release Fujin, Sheeva and Joker in a smaller pack in the future.

I was really hoping for it to be 4 MK characters and two guests.
Not just you, 99% of the MK players wanted the same, but i think we all knew this was how it was going to play out - leaks or no leaks.

nice fan service for fans of the classic male ninjas
hopefully Jade,Kitana and skarlet will get the same treatment
We can only hope, although I wouldn't mind if they take some creative licence and update them so they look more ninja-esque and less early 90s MK bathing suit style. Also would have loved to have seen the classic ninjas, or a gear piece for them, being a cloth mask instead of the plastic ones.

Anybody catch the 19 additional skins? That's probably what the 19 DLC rumor actually is.
Could make sense!? Although there's 25 characters in the game, so who misses out on the extra DLC?

At least we know they're there and the early access date is not that far off.
Did you notice the buzzsaw noise at the guests screen? Could that be a hint at Ash or just a general slasher movies sound effect?
It was clearly a reference to Ash

Imagine if we lived in a world where both Kombat Packs were pure MK characters? 12 really well made MK characters, done with justice like this rendition of Shang Tsung.

What a fucking world that’d be. Never understood the hype for guests and will always be adamantly against them. Street Fighter never feels the need to do this shit, and whatever guests it has are from other fighting games and fit perfectly.

To have half and half is pure insult, idgaf if it makes me a moaning bitch. We’ll never get a pure MK again.
Unfortunately guests character sells look at tekken and soul caliber I don’t like but it is a smart business move