What's new

SFV F.A.N.G. Reveal Trailer

jharris

I'm not surprised, motherfuckers
im not a street fighter fan, i really dont know anything about the series, but that music and stage are godlike

LucaTheRipper

RULES OF NATURE!
You say that as if BO RAI CHO is a bad character.

I like Fang. I think he looks goofy in a cool way, and I think the poison mechanic, and the direction they seem to be headed with him, will give him a neat gameplay design.
Yes, I think Bo Rai Cho is a bad character.
And I believe that's called ''opinion'' m8, everyone has their own.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Yes, I think Bo Rai Cho is a bad character.
And I believe that's called ''opinion'' m8, everyone has their own.
I probably should have been including Kappas lol. I'm trolling about Bo Rai Cho. I think he's great, but I'm overexaggerating his greatness.

BlackViper415

TYM's Head Herpetologist
FANG looks okay, but that stage looks godlike. I actually had to rewatch the trailer to look at FANG's gameplay because I was too busy looking at that badass stage.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
This fucking maniac is now my main..I dunno there is something goofy but.like, disturbing and sinister about him.

I dunno this guy is crazy in exactly the right way. I'm HYPED.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
He looks like the little businessman who works for the bad guy in every other kung-fu movie who pre-empts the first confrontation.

His design is taken partly from that, but mostly from the master masquerading as a jester in Naruto.

EntropicByDesign

I am hyped over this guy. I like the idea of a slippery, defensive character with damage over time. That has a chance to make for an interesting playstyle. Granted, it could be a boring to watch playstyle, but I'm hoping that's been taken in to account and he'll be designed to hit and run, but with constant hit and runs, to keep him aggressive.

I think his design is pretty bad-ass and I like his voice. I don't care for that bizarre, arms-flapping super/wtfever move he does at the end, it looks and sounds relatively idiotic, but I liked the rest of what i saw. I want to main this dude, but it'll come down to how he actually plays in the end, because an oddball like this could either go really right, or really wrong, and I'm not committing until i can get my hands on him.

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
I am hyped over this guy. I like the idea of a slippery, defensive character with damage over time. That has a chance to make for an interesting playstyle. Granted, it could be a boring to watch playstyle, but I'm hoping that's been taken in to account and he'll be designed to hit and run, but with constant hit and runs, to keep him aggressive.

I think his design is pretty bad-ass and I like his voice. I don't care for that bizarre, arms-flapping super/wtfever move he does at the end, it looks and sounds relatively idiotic, but I liked the rest of what i saw. I want to main this dude, but it'll come down to how he actually plays in the end, because an oddball like this could either go really right, or really wrong, and I'm not committing until i can get my hands on him.
WTF. How can you NOT like his bird ultra. That shit is swaggynesstic. Still running with Laura, R. mika, Karin, and of course my main....Kita...I mean Juri.

EntropicByDesign

Also, I have no real issue with DLC if it keeps a game alive and pulsing for years. Day one DLC for a game that will fizzle out in 6 months is bullshit, but if its trickled in and designed to keep the game funded and evolving over a long period of time, I have no trouble with it.

Price of the game - 60$ - and lets say.. 50$ worth of DLC a year, that's 110$ for the first year (assuming you buy everything of course, which most wont) but if it gives me a game that gives me hundreds of hours a year of entertainment, the price for that amount of use is pretty good, especially when you stretch that entertainment over the course of multiple years. If SFV runs its course and I play for.. i dunno, 2 years, and have 180-200$ invested in the game, and 500hrs played, I still think its a great deal.

For me it comes down to supporting the game over a longer term. I totally understand feelings to the contrary, I'm just stating how I view it.

And if I'm able to earn anything for free, I'm happy, but I will likely buy what I want outright except most skins. LoL has a decent fremium model IMO, its a grind, but its not insurmountable, they may (and probably should given its popularity) use it as a base for the time investment(s) required to earn rewards of various types.

EntropicByDesign

WTF. How can you NOT like his bird ultra. That shit is swaggynesstic. Still running with Laura, R. mika, Karin, and of course my main....Kita...I mean Juri.
I dunno, it just struck me as weird in a counter-productively weird way. Fang is obviously meant to be weird, it just didn't seem to fit with his other moves. Is he fighting with like a bastard version of Crane Style or something? That would make it make more sense. Maybe it'll grow on me.. Who knows. Fang is legit though.