What's new

SFV F.A.N.G. Reveal Trailer

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
People are going to keep calling it free until they find out the horrible grind involved. Which is exactly why Capcom is yet to tell us what that will be.

Once the word is out, Capcom will be back under the DLC bus same as everybody else.
Hey, I can live with the characters. It's the costume packs personally that piss me off that they charge you an arm and a leg for.

trufenix

bye felicia
Didnt Capcom say you'll earn fight money by doing different challenges, and leveling up characters?
They did, but they didn't say how much real money = fight money, how much can be earned / banked for free, how frequently it can be redeemed, or any of the other current "freemium" tricks.

Right now, everybody thinks they're just going to play a couple weeks worth of online matches and earn a character. I sincerely doubt it will be that easy.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
They did, but they didn't say how much real money = fight money, how much can be earned / banked for free, how frequently it can be redeemed, or any of the other current "freemium" tricks.

Right now, everybody thinks they're just going to play a couple weeks worth of online matches and earn a character. I sincerely doubt it will be that easy.
I was thinking the same thing. I'm expecting a "complete all trials for every character to unlock" type of bs lol.

trufenix

bye felicia
Hey, I can live with the characters. It's the costume packs personally that piss me off that they charge you an arm and a leg for.
IMO, Capcom has shit the bed DLC wise in every game (fighter or otherwise) since they started trying. I don't see this game which is literally built on DLC sales to be the exception.

RM_NINfan101

Eh, in a case like this I'd rather pay the 30 dollars because I actually have played Balrog, Guile, Urien, Alex, and especially Juri.

I'd be more willing to give Ibuki a shot if she was more like her 3S iteration.

trufenix

bye felicia
I was thinking the same thing. I'm expecting a "complete all trials for every character to unlock" type of bs lol.
It'll be much simpler. Every thing you do in the game will earn you fight money (online, offline, story (ha), trials, you name it) and each dlc character, stage, costume, whatever will have a price tag. The problem is, your earn will be like 10fm per in game accomplishment and like 10,000,000fm per character. At the same time, fm will be sold in bucketfulls for 1 dollar, 10 dollar, 20 dollar, and up.

When people start to mentally do the time math, they'll start reaching for their credit cards. It all depends on what Capcom thinks 10 bucks is worth in terms of player time.

RM_NINfan101

Why do I feel slight bias against Capcom in this thread? It's not like DLC isn't exploited by every company at this point.

PLAY FOR KEEPSIES

No backsies
He looks like a cross between Al Pacino in scent of a woman, a Bloodborne hunter, and a One Piece character. Dope as hell

Goddamn new SFV roster has so. MUch I like. R Mika, Nekalli, Fang, I'm never gunna be able to choose

Probably R Mika tho :cool:

RM_NINfan101

The bias is that this is a stupid character. But everybody here blew their hate load over Leatherface, so we're all being super passive aggressive right now.
I like this character actually in the fact that his tropes all strike as funny and oddballish. Whereas Rufus just flat out sucked as a joke/tribute character to Keet June Do and Bruce Lee.

Though I respect your opinion.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
But that is worst, Fang is not a guest, HE IS CANON now.
At the very least (as far as I know), he's an original character. He's not the bastard son of Ryu who was adopted by Ken, nor is he someone's apprentice who shares their special moves. And best of all, he's not a guest character nobody asked for.

I don't like his design, nor do I care for Street Fighter, but he's better than many of the boring/cheap alternatives they could have gone with.