What's new

SFV F.A.N.G. Reveal Trailer

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Let me help you out there. Leatherface is worse.

Much worse.
SaltShaker I respect and like you more than most other regulars on this forum, but I have to disagree.

Big ass chainsaw wielding, human flesh wearing, cannibalistic mutant monster of a man LeatherFace is badass and his gameplay will undoubtedly be something special and unique.

Fang looks cool, but he isn't a huge psycho with a huge murderizing power tool.

I mean, I was kind of "eh" towards him at first too, but then I took a step back to think about that sweet, juicy, chainsaw-y potential and I'm extremely hype for him.

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!
F.A.N.G Revealed

F.A.N.G, the final character of Street Fighter V’s starting roster, finally emerges from the shadows to take his self-proclaimed spot as the second in command of Shadaloo!

F.A.N.G is an assassin whose unique poison attacks leave him second only to M. Bison himself! Besides overseeing Shadaloo’s operations, his true passion comes from the evil experiments conducted within Shadaloo’s research facilities.

F.A.N.G introduces a series first mechanic; poison. Whenever his poison attacks connect, they continuously deal damage to the opponent’s life bar until he gets hit or the poison runs its course. F.A.N.G’s sinister long range attacks and slippery movements, paired with his ability to poison, will leave his opponents feeling ill.

V-Skill: Nishodoku

F.A.N.G sends out a slow moving poison-filled projectile. If it makes contact with the opponent, it will begin to slowly deal damage.

V-Trigger: Dokunomu

The ultimate defense, F.A.N.G emits a poisonous cloud around his body that constantly deals damage to the opponent as long as they’re near him.

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
F.A.N.G Revealed

F.A.N.G, the final character of Street Fighter V’s starting roster, finally emerges from the shadows to take his self-proclaimed spot as the second in command of Shadaloo!

F.A.N.G is an assassin whose unique poison attacks leave him second only to M. Bison himself! Besides overseeing Shadaloo’s operations, his true passion comes from the evil experiments conducted within Shadaloo’s research facilities.

F.A.N.G introduces a series first mechanic; poison. Whenever his poison attacks connect, they continuously deal damage to the opponent’s life bar until he gets hit or the poison runs its course. F.A.N.G’s sinister long range attacks and slippery movements, paired with his ability to poison, will leave his opponents feeling ill.

V-Skill: Nishodoku

F.A.N.G sends out a slow moving poison-filled projectile. If it makes contact with the opponent, it will begin to slowly deal damage.

V-Trigger: Dokunomu

The ultimate defense, F.A.N.G emits a poisonous cloud around his body that constantly deals damage to the opponent as long as they’re near him.

When MKX innovates and other fighters replicate mechanics.

But nah it's cool that there's like a defensive character that's not a zoner for once in Street Fighter.

exflyingbooty

This dream has a sad ending
I am so on the fence with this character, he's amusing in a dumb all powerful kung fu master sort of way and then he's dumb because he looks like a cracked out homeless person in hong kong who recently won the award for tallest person in the city. He also sounds like a Disney villain and I make that exact same voice when i'm extremely drunk.

:confused:

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
F.A.N.G. seems cool and I like the silly kung fu assassin look he has. But I do feel his artstyle feels different from the rest of the cast. Maybe something will change before release. MAtter of fact, is he technically the character that's gone through the least amount of balancing then?

I think smash is the only game that can have a few guest characters and even guest dlc characters. Any other series, with established rosters, should have 1-2 with at least 20 actual series characters. So I much prefer a new character that'll be hit or miss instead of just cashing out on casuals.

When MKX innovates and other fighters replicate mechanics.

But nah it's cool that there's like a defensive character that's not a zoner for once in Street Fighter.
Skullgirls, Persona 4 Arena and Guilty Gear have all done poison.

I wouldn't count him as not offensive yet. The game seems designed with more offense in mind and he may be able to get in and stay in your face with the poison cloud. And poison blast oki setups. Oh and what about Vega? He's pretty defensive.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
F.A.N.G. seems cool and I like the silly kung fu assassin look he has. But I do feel his artstyle feels different from the rest of the cast. Maybe something will change before release. MAtter of fact, is he technically the character that's gone through the least amount of balancing then?

I think smash is the only game that can have a few guest characters and even guest dlc characters. Any other series, with established rosters, should have 1-2 with at least 20 actual series characters. So I much prefer a new character that'll be hit or miss instead of just cashing out on casuals.

I wouldn't count him as not offensive yet. The game seems designed with more offense in mind and he may be able to get in and stay in your face with the poison cloud. And poison blast oki setups. Oh and what about Vega? He's pretty defensive.
vega used to be defensive back when he was a charge character, now he is a GO FUCKING NUTS WITH ALL YOUR POWERFUL SAFE MOVES since he o longer requires charges, just the mastery of the DP motion, which isnt too hard to master

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan

Totally forgot about animeeeee. Happens though with my current medical issues ha.

Vega is way more offensive now because he has few to none charge inputs and even has a command grab without claw.

jaepeso170

I Have A Plan...Attack
DLC characters are goin to run 600 Zenny(Fight Money) each or $5 a pop.....yea ill save my real cash because it looks like Season Pass II will probaly include Akuma

trufenix

bye felicia
I like this character actually in the fact that his tropes all strike as funny and oddballish. Whereas Rufus just flat out sucked as a joke/tribute character to Keet June Do and Bruce Lee.

Though I respect your opinion.
I'm sure this character (and Rufus and many more) are for someone, just not me. SF has always had freaks, but historically they all seemed to be fleshed out and reasonably designed.

Nowadays, they just take a reasonable idea and just throw random tropes at it until its unrecognizable.

Afk Skinny

3D Krusader
They did, but they didn't say how much real money = fight money, how much can be earned / banked for free, how frequently it can be redeemed, or any of the other current "freemium" tricks.

Right now, everybody thinks they're just going to play a couple weeks worth of online matches and earn a character. I sincerely doubt it will be that easy.
Hope my patience in playing mobile games pays off

trufenix

bye felicia
Hope my patience in playing mobile games pays off
well, the good news is that whatever the yield is, you get it by playing the game, not performing some mindless side task like Mobile. So even if you're completely unwilling to pay, you'll EVENTUALLY unlock the character. The bad news is, there are LOTS of tactics left to making paying more enticing, like putting a cap on daily / weekly earnings.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
A
I like this character actually in the fact that his tropes all strike as funny and oddballish. Whereas Rufus just flat out sucked as a joke/tribute character to Keet June Do and Bruce Lee.

Though I respect your opinion.
Completely agree with ur fang and duolon comparison,it was actually the first thing I thought of when I saw the trailer,very interesting design indeed,although I have to pull u up on ur comment about rufus.he most certainly does not suck,in fact he is one of the greatest sf characters of all time and that walrus costume is a thing of Beauty.i make the suggestion to anyone who hates rufus to learn how to deal with divekick and if u can't join the fat bastard clan like myself.all hail lk hp 1 frame link and enjoy yourselves just like I do.
#scrubsports

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
I'd rather take Kung Jin, Cassie, Jacqui, and Takeda over Fang any time of the day. :p
Good lord really? two crash test dummies a extra from Robin Hood prince of thieves and Tommy from best of the best are more interesting than fang? U sir are out of ur mind.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
SaltShaker I respect and like you more than most other regulars on this forum, but I have to disagree.

Big ass chainsaw wielding, human flesh wearing, cannibalistic mutant monster of a man LeatherFace is badass and his gameplay will undoubtedly be something special and unique.

Fang looks cool, but he isn't a huge psycho with a huge murderizing power tool.

I mean, I was kind of "eh" towards him at first too, but then I took a step back to think about that sweet, juicy, chainsaw-y potential and I'm extremely hype for him.
Lol all I can see is "lesser version of Jason but likely stronger game tools". Whak character, whak ass movie, whak real life human being. Leatherface is like the worst DLC choice in fighting game history! :confused:

This new Fang guy on the other hand, I'm not "omg insane" hype, but I think he looks unique enough on the "drunk master" style of fighting. And he's an actual new character. I really, really hate guest, especially overlapping guest lol.