What's new

SF4 (Vanilla) Vs SSF4AE

SF4 vanilla is very outdated. its like installing a 5 year old PC game and not upgrading the patches/fixes. playing MK helped my SF game a bit, it was a lot easier to block overheads and mix ups in SF after playing mk because I got used blocking the strings that had quick low and overhead mix ups.

it is so funny when people tell sf4 vanilla was unbalanced but the they have never played it :D
#theoryfightingFTW​
on topic ThaShiveGeek :​
Besides SF4 being the original game is the term "Vanilla" important?
No, just buy the newest version and thats it :)
Although the intro music of sf4 "Vanilla" was so nice <3
My main was Blanka (ultra chip damage FTW) i will never forget all the hatemails from players being chip to death :D

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
If you pay $20 for SF4 vanilla, you're getting ripped off. You should be able to get it WAY cheaper if you look around the internet..
This is 100% true, considering I just paid $18 for AE on the disc, which is basically every version. $20 for just vanilla, that's some ponzi scheme criminal shit

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
it is so funny when people tell sf4 vanilla was unbalanced but the they have never played it :D
#theoryfightingFTW​
Vanilla SF4 was pretty unbalanced, but that doesn't mean it wasn't a great game. Ryu/Sagat primarily dominated that game. If you compare that to NOW (remember the game was basically patched 3 times (Super, 2012, now 2013) for a reason. It wasn't broken by any means, but not balanced IMO

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
A lot of the console characters in SFIV vanilla never got as much exposure as they should have. Arcade SFIV was Ryu/Sagat/Akuma. Console, had it caught on enough in Japan, and still had a following, would not be. Cammy, Fei and Gen were hidden gems in that game, though Cammy began to shine through towards the end.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
THTB I don't Cammy was nearly as good as her Super version. Fei wasn't bad. Gen, I don't see it. I think for sure though the game was patched too fast. I think Super should have come out maybe 6 months later

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Just curious, was Seth and Gouken playable in the arcade version of vanilla SF4 by any means? I remember Tokido playing Akuma but I can't remember how, searching for actual footage of the arcade version is a nightmare for obvious reasons.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
THTB I don't Cammy was nearly as good as her Super version. Fei wasn't bad. Gen, I don't see it. I think for sure though the game was patched too fast. I think Super should have come out maybe 6 months later
TKCS Cammy is stupid, even without any extra buffs. Gen could convert s.MK (which was actually nerfed in Super) into some ridiculous damage, while being safe with or without meter. Also, Seth was probably the best character in the game.

STRYKIE only Akuma was playable as far as the game's bosses went.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
TKCS Cammy is stupid, even without any extra buffs. Gen could convert s.MK (which was actually nerfed in Super) into some ridiculous damage, while being safe with or without meter. Also, Seth was probably the best character in the game.

STRYKIE only Akuma was playable as far as the game's bosses went.
aint he still the best?

Vanilla SF4 was pretty unbalanced, but that doesn't mean it wasn't a great game. Ryu/Sagat primarily dominated that game. If you compare that to NOW (remember the game was basically patched 3 times (Super, 2012, now 2013) for a reason. It wasn't broken by any means, but not balanced IMO
that is not what is was talking about.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Was contenplating on playing this too, since it has the most dept for a 2D game

i wanna play P4, but i hear its pointless due to no scene

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
that is not what is was talking about.
I thought you were talking about the overall balance on the game, not sure what else you meant in your post:(

THTB Seth as the best? That's quite the stretch, I don't know man. Maybe over time he would have been top tier, but I don't think the best when it's all said and done. I think his current version is his best version IMO

GGA Saucy Jack

The artist formerly known as ImNewbieSauce
I actually picked AE up about a month ago. It was 20 bucks at game stop. No reason to buy vanilla IMO. Just get AE.

As for the game....its fun..but its completely ifferent from MK and IGAU. Its a 2D fighter. Thats where the similarities end. Im so free in this game it's disgusting. Granted i dont train in it, but its not plug and play if you want to be good, thats for sure.

I still have fun scrubbin around with my friends.