What's new

SF4 (Vanilla) Vs SSF4AE

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
Every now & I'll look at a SF4 stream, and I makes me want to buy the game for Xbox. I bought it when it first came out on Ps3 back in 09. I was decent. I was able to unlock Akuma & Gouken, but I wasn't good. I've really improved my MK game over the past two years thanks to TYM. I feel like If I picked SF back up I'd be a whole lot better. Besides SF4 being the original game is the term "Vanilla" important? XBL has SF4 Vanilla on sale for $19.99. I really want to buy it, but should I just wait and get AE for the extra 10 dollars? Beside the extra characters is it a different game?

Tim Static

Adminerator
If you pay $20 for SF4 vanilla, you're getting ripped off. You should be able to get it WAY cheaper if you look around the internet.

That being said, as much as i don't like the SF4 series, you're best bet is just getting AE.

GrundyFox

I will spit on your tomb!
You should wait for the new version coming out if you can. I don't know if its going to cost or not. If not, get AE other wise its a complete waste.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
My analysis.

Vanilla - lots of emphasis on dragon punch -> FADC -> ultra combo.

Super - alleged dominance by charge characters, but this version was the best in my personal opinion.

AE - overpowered Yun and Yang.

AE v2012 - vortex runs the game.

AE v2013 - to be announced at Evolution 2013.

Tim Static

Adminerator
You should wait for the new version coming out if you can. I don't know if its going to cost or not. If not, get AE other wise its a complete waste.
There's a new version? I didn't know that.
There is going to be a 2013 update - no word on when its coming out though.
Yea, but its most likely to be something you can upgrade AE to, instead of buying a whole new version of the game. Buy AE now, upgrade later when it comes out, IMO.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
I have had AE for quite some time and lately with having finally been getting better at FGs in general I've been thinking of learning it now.

Vagrant

Noob
Every now & I'll look at a SF4 stream, and I makes me want to buy the game for Xbox. I bought it when it first came out on Ps3 back in 09. I was decent. I was able to unlock Akuma & Gouken, but I wasn't good. I've really improved my MK game over the past two years thanks to TYM. I feel like If I picked SF back up I'd be a whole lot better. Besides SF4 being the original game is the term "Vanilla" important? XBL has SF4 Vanilla on sale for $19.99. I really want to buy it, but should I just wait and get AE for the extra 10 dollars? Beside the extra characters is it a different game?

You pay anything more than 5 bucks for vanilla sf4 your getting ripped off.

AE is like 20 bucks at gamestop dude. Go grab it. No point in playing an old version of the game

GrundyFox

I will spit on your tomb!
Thats part of why NRS games are popular though is that the controls are more simplified.

Oh I don't mind at all. I like that the execution is simplified - it's almost like a vacation (been a capcom guy for 20+ years). The only thing I truly dislike about Injustice is the lack of 6 buttons. But thats all beside the point. :)

MetalPete

MACHKAAAAA!!!!!
My analysis.

Super - alleged dominance by charge characters, but this version was the best in my personal opinion.
I totally agree. My opinion SSF4 is the way to go if you are thinking about purchasing any of current-generation Street Fighters.

Even though it seems to be completely loathed around here, I love SFxTekken. Drives me crazy that I can't throw in a juggle when I play SSF4 now...I think it's actually cheaper too.

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
I don't own a car, and I can't get a ride to Gamestop anytime soon. Wish I could. Thanks for the info though you guys. Watching this CEO stream with SF casuals makes me want to play again. I mained Guile. I started using the ps3 sticks, but I broke them using Guile lol. I just learned to play with the directional pads then my joystick broke all together. I wound up having to sell my PS3, but I love SF4. That was the first game I was almost decent at for real lol.

TheSpore

Oh I don't mind at all. I like that the execution is simplified - it's almost like a vacation (been a capcom guy for 20+ years). The only thing I truly dislike about Injustice is the lack of 6 buttons. But thats all beside the point. :)
I gotta get use to a 6 button layout and execution is my biggest flaw in AE, I'm gonna sit down and start learning it though anyway, I've had the damn game for so long and never play it.

I totally agree. My opinion SSF4 is the way to go if you are thinking about purchasing any of current-generation Street Fighters.

Even though it seems to be completely loathed around here, I love SFxTekken. Drives me crazy that I can't throw in a juggle when I play SSF4 now...I think it's actually cheaper too.
I don't loathe SFxT, I though it was a good game altogether, it was the DLC bull that turned me off of the game, because I actually loved the game.

MetalPete

MACHKAAAAA!!!!!
I gotta get use to a 6 button layout and execution is my biggest flaw in AE, I'm gonna sit down and start learning it though anyway, I've had the damn game for so long and never play it.

I don't loathe SFxT, I though it was a good game altogether, it was the DLC bull that turned me off of the game, because I actually loved the game.
Yeah having some of the signature characters as dlc was really annoying, but it's good to know not everyone around here hated it haha.

TheSpore

Yeah having some of the signature characters as dlc was really annoying, but it's good to know not everyone around here hated it haha.
I just felt like I was ripped off with all the DLC being on the disk itself, I won't buy any of it, but I play it once in a while.

My analysis.

Vanilla - lots of emphasis on dragon punch -> FADC -> ultra combo.

AE - overpowered Yun and Yang.

AE v2012 - vortex runs the game.

AE v2013 - to be announced at Evolution 2013.

Yang wasn't OP. look where he is now bottom 10, he got ''balanced''.