What's new

Sektor MK1 General Discussion

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Cyrax BITCH ASS doesn't have a thread yet, but we're making sure Sektor gets the respect she deserves.

I was worried when we first saw the Khaos Reigns trailer because when Sektor pulled her Spiderman arms out they had grenade launchers on them. But thankfully in Mus-TARD's newest trailer we see, at least in cinematics, that Sektor does still have missile launchers. And multiple scenes of them being homing, so hopefully she herself has that ability in game.

Invisibility too was shown in the trailer. Its crazy to think that Sektor has been shown to have that ability for decades now in cutscenes but could never use it in a match. Had it in Armageddon, had it in MK9, and has it again in MK1. I wonder if they'll finally let her use that

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
So early theory crafting with Sektor, she has a restand, and a multi-hit launcher.
That is going to be day 1, hour 1 testing to see what that means for Goro.

I'm picturing you getting a full combo, calling Goro unblockable stomp, ending the combo with Flameburner restand, then going into blockstring cancelled into uprocket-barrage-launcher thing. Goro comes down, breaks the opponent's guard and makes them get launched by the rockets for a free reset.

Its a similar concept to this, except multi hit moves make this much, much easier.

This type of setup can usually be beaten by crouch block, but I'll have to see what type of strings Sektor has to optimize it

Komatose

The Prettiest
You don't deserve to play this character. You can play with the Kameo version tho. I, Komatose, shall be taking and utilizing your Sektor rights. Since you want to foam at the mouth in anger over my vision of a perfect Cyrax that got put into the game. You should add me broski. So I can beat you with both. Show you how a real Femrax and Swaptor get down. And that's on the set (Netherrealm). NRS for short. English word for cigarette.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
You don't deserve to play this character. You can play with the Kameo version tho. I, Komatose, shall be taking and utilizing your Sektor rights. Since you want to foam at the mouth in anger over my vision of a perfect Cyrax that got put into the game. You should add me broski. So I can beat you with both. Show you how a real Femrax and Swaptor get down. And that's on the set (Netherrealm). NRS for short. English word for cigarette.
@ImpostorOak do your work. :coffee:

The Hex Man

Dojo Trainee
View attachment 21978
@Komatose I know you just didn't tell someone they can't play a character AND thinly disquise the F slur.

This is great beef, yall gotta put hands on each other. @Kiss the Missile
You really made one of the best threads for this site in awhile man. Really congrats. It really does help people see what others are talking about because sometimes the players get into their own ego and won't listen until hands get out on them. And it's funny ASF too. Major props

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
I wish they would have brough back the plasma swords from Armageddon. Especially since Takeda doesn't have them anymore
That would have been sick.

Lady Sektor seems like she will be fun to play.

My main issues is like MK9 her human/government name is actually Sektor, so weird. Why can't she just have a real name, and the suit can be called Sektor(maybe they will do this, but I doubt it)

She is so much less interesting then dude Sektor, even though he is barely in anything, he had such a presence, just an evil prick, with such a great menacing laugh. He worked so well as being the big bad Lin Kuei.

Also the dumb Marvel mask constantly opening and closing, she sure as fuck isn't Robert Downey Jr, I don't need to see her face every time she talks.

Negatives aside, definitely want to run Sektor/Sektor.