What's new

Strategy Sektor Combo Thread (Acquiring target and destroying target using maximum damage)

ryublaze

Noob
Yeah the problem is getting standing 1 to connect. There are ways to get it to connect on low hitbox characters though like if a B3, F2, or D4 connects on hit, you can dash in for standing 1. If you do 1,2 then the 2 whiffs on crouch block but if you do 1,3 then the 3 will connect on crouch block and then you can stuff like 1,3 flame or 1, throw or 1, leg lift. And if you land a jip then you can do 1,2,b1 or 1,2,b3 or 1,2,2,flame/homing missile or 1, throw etc. But yeah I agree his pressure is lacking compared to other characters.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
1. "D4 low poke-When D4 hits a standing opponent, 12B1, 21 or B21 cannot be interrupted. D4 into any up missile is not recommended because of the slow start-up on the up missile (which can be punished). If you are going to use any missile, then use the homing missile but overall the set-up is not really worth it."

2. "B3 and up missile/homing missile-Before either of the missiles reach the opponent, if you hit B3, the opponent cannot block the missile thus giving you a safe jump-in punch. However, the opponent will be able to block after being hit by the missile."

^ See the above stuff is the kind of thing I was wanting to know. Those were in the guide, so that's awesome, but are there any other little tricks like that to do when pressuring?

Can you do a straight missile after a non point blank D4?

Also, NKZero ... I suggest adding some color and underlines to the guide to separate the sections a little more and to give reader's eyes a break. I had a hard time reading that b/c it was big walls of text. Just a suggestion.

NKZero

Noob
1. "D4 low poke-When D4 hits a standing opponent, 12B1, 21 or B21 cannot be interrupted. D4 into any up missile is not recommended because of the slow start-up on the up missile (which can be punished). If you are going to use any missile, then use the homing missile but overall the set-up is not really worth it."

2. "B3 and up missile/homing missile-Before either of the missiles reach the opponent, if you hit B3, the opponent cannot block the missile thus giving you a safe jump-in punch. However, the opponent will be able to block after being hit by the missile."

^ See the above stuff is the kind of thing I was wanting to know. Those were in the guide, so that's awesome, but are there any other little tricks like that to do when pressuring?

Can you do a straight missile after a non point blank D4?

Also, NKZero ... I suggest adding some color and underlines to the guide to separate the sections a little more and to give reader's eyes a break. I had a hard time reading that b/c it was big walls of text. Just a suggestion.
I'm guessing you are saying is D4-straight missile on block viable from let's say max or near to max distance? It could be against some characters but you are better off doing D4-flame burner. D4-flame burner on block gives greater push back and puts you in near to max range of F2. Then if F2 is blocked from that range the opponent cannot try to poke or you can whiff punish with B21. So once opponents respect that it opens up your options. Also straight missile can be ducked, obviously flame burner cannot.

In terms of other little tricks you can occasionally (note the word occasionally) get away with any block string cut short into up missile. For example you could do 21-up missile on block instead of 214 and if it's the first time you do it or something the opponent might not react to it. If he tries to poke out too late (which is likely) the missile will blow him up and you get a combo. If he blocks you have huge + frames. Something along those lines which Bizzle used quite effectively against me the first few times I played him. Not often though or the opponent will blow you up the next time before the up missile even comes out.

Also thanks for the suggestion. I'll see if I can fix it today.

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
d4~straight missile is nice, I use it as well as d4~flame, but I don't use d4~flame against characters who can punish it like cage and reptile

Anyone think standing 4 followed by Flamethrower is viable? Decent way to build meter. Kind of like Rain's standing 4 in to RH. Sektor's got leg reach like a Rockette.

NKZero

Noob
Anyone think standing 4 followed by Flamethrower is viable? Decent way to build meter. Kind of like Rain's standing 4 in to RH. Sektor's got leg reach like a Rockette.
Yeah it gives pretty hefty pushback. If you are one of those guys who generally uses standing 4 in your repertoire of moves then 4-flame burner is good. You can also do 4-up missile. Just be careful when you throw it out there. It has fairly high start-up frames and I believe it hits high (I never use the move tbh).

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I don't find it that good. It's quite unsafe on wiff and much worse if they jump. The start up frames aren't too bad for a long range move but at it's many ranges it'll wiff on most crouch blocking opponents.

I don't really find the risk-reward to be good for the move when he has better options at range..

How viable it is depends on who you are fighting. If they can punish Flame Burner then probably not, though 4~Straight Missile might get you places, and on hit you might even be able to get an Up/Homing Missile out.

If they can't pushing Flame Burner though, got ahead and use it. Don't abuse it though, as you're still going to be negative on block.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I'd just like to leave this here, a BnB that is kind of difficult at first but it does 42% with no meter, 48% with an Up missile.
JIP, B2, TU, B2 1, 1, B2 Flame Burner.

dude my head hurts, is there not a thread that lists only 1 or 2 combo for each starter? you cant have like 15 combos for one starter. I want to pick up sektor but I need to know which combos are most consistent and most damaging at the same time... is there another thread for this? or can somebody help me out here.

NKZero

Noob
dude my head hurts, is there not a thread that lists only 1 or 2 combo for each starter? you cant have like 15 combos for one starter. I want to pick up sektor but I need to know which combos are most consistent and most damaging at the same time... is there another thread for this? or can somebody help me out here.
it's organised so well that combos are easy to find man you shouldn't have a problem. yes there are many but look for the most damaging option first. if you find it hard move to the next most damaging until you find one you are comfortable with.

Eminent

Forum Lurker
Hey NKZero, great list, but a little overwhelming for someone just starting to pick up Sektor. Could we get simplified bnb combo list for Sektor? Preferably the most damaging combos while still being practical (not likely to be dropped in a tournament setting). I would really appreciate it.

Hey NKZero, great list, but a little overwhelming for someone just starting to pick up Sektor. Could we get simplified bnb combo list for Sektor? Preferably the most damaging combos while still being practical (not likely to be dropped in a tournament setting). I would really appreciate it.
This has come up a few times. I'll try to do that later today, but it'll likely be more like tomorrow.

NKZero

Noob
If Romeo makes a thread then hopefully that covers your request. Yeah the list is a little overwhelming, but I tried and tested the combos on the list and picked the ones that I felt comfortable using in any setting (my own BNB's if you will).

ryublaze

Noob
The thing about Sektor is that there are a lot of different ways to do his combos and they do the same damage. The one thing I do regret is listing the combos for each combo ender lol.

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
I'm at work right now so can't go through the entire list to see if this one is there but, only discovered it today. It would go under corner escape with 1 bar, seems like it would be pretty useful for getting out of being pressured in the corner due to this starting with his 6 frame standing 1. Apologies if this is already in the list, which is fantastic by the way.

12b1, f4tu, b34EXtu (dash under) d1, flame thrower (39%)

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I'm at work right now so can't go through the entire list to see if this one is there but, only discovered it today. It would go under corner escape with 1 bar, seems like it would be pretty useful for getting out of being pressured in the corner due to this starting with his 6 frame standing 1. Apologies if this is already in the list, which is fantastic by the way.

12b1, f4tu, b34EXtu (dash under) d1, flame thrower (39%)
Wut? This puts Sektor back in the corner and resets the opponent into a standing free frame of advantage right next to him LOL

Appreciate the effort but I think you're trying a little too hard, it's best just to go straight into a 122 Up-missile setup after an anti-corner TU, regardless of the damage.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Wut? This puts Sektor back in the corner and resets the opponent into a standing free frame of advantage right next to him LOL

Appreciate the effort but I think you're trying a little too hard, it's best just to go straight into a 122 Up-missile setup after an anti-corner TU, regardless of the damage.
It doesn't put him back in the korner.

He dashes out after EX Tele.

Still, I don't think it's worth it. Especially since Sektor does more damage without that bar.

LEGEND

YES!
i can't test this right now but wouldn't this be the best combo for reversing positions of a 12B1? : 12B1, iATU, B21, 12, 21-UM or something like that

i'd stay away from burning meter near the corner period

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
i can't test this right now but wouldn't this be the best combo for reversing positions of a 12B1? : 12B1, iATU, B21, 12, 21-UM or something like that

i'd stay away from burning meter near the corner period
Yeah. That's what I would do if I didn't go into auto pilot JBK.

Double Edit: Actually for the up missile set up I think it's safer to remove a hit for 34%.

1 2 B1, iATU, B2 1, 1, 2 1-UM

Triple Edit: Just Tested. As I thought on Lao and Reptile it's unsafe if you go for the full 10 Hit 37%. The 34% on the other hand is kompletely safe.

bipolar_shango

" Bros before Hoes"
Darn when were these anti-airs added.. Anyway these are mine

1, f4 4, TU, b3 4, exTU, jk TU 37% (Enders b2 flame 36%, 1 2 or 2 1 flame)

Meter less 1, f4 4, TU, 1 2 flame 27%

Also you should mention that for the JK kick combos to work you MUST hit confirm it/ delay the TU if not, the followup b21 wll whiff!

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Quick noobie question, why do so little combos start or include B3 4?
It's the same as U3 3 4. So if you want to do B3 4 you kan use the kombos on that section.

"U3 starter (replace U3,3 with B3 if you need his B3 combo starters)"

And lots of kombos use B34. Some of the better ones include: teleport, B21, B34, etc..

Grumptronix

Fuck off, I'm not grumpy
It's the same as U3 3 4. So if you want to do B3 4 you kan use the kombos on that section.

"U3 starter (replace U3,3 with B3 if you need his B3 combo starters)"

And lots of kombos use B34. Some of the better ones include: teleport, B21, B34, etc..

As a starter for corner combos, what's your usual go to with b3,4?