What's new

Strategy Sektor Combo Thread (Acquiring target and destroying target using maximum damage)

ryublaze

Noob
His highest X-Ray wall combo that I know of is 1, 2, B1, F4, B2, 1, 1, 2, 2, X-Ray which is 56% IIRC. I haven't gotten to X-Ray combos yet.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Roko1985 and RedRaptor, yeah that combo won't work unless it's offline...just saying lol that x-ray 56%, but 54 and 56% isn't much of a difference, 2%, you can pretty much get 55% with block chip damage on an immedial missle afterwards but that's getting technical ;)

roko also, I was saying mid screen earlier(not counting corner combos which always do more damage but are also very situational and rarely if ever happen) Half the time I've noticed people tend to mess up corner combos unless it's a relatively easy one. But otherwise, I use his mid 45% to 50%-51% on one bar, is more then enough damage lol for a mainstream, easy combo. I'm selecting the combos that are easy 45-50 one on bar, pretty cool and very damaging...

I should have said, easiest, most damaging anywhere, online or offline Xray combo with the one I listed, you can also replace the 3 before xray with 1(but it'll do a little less damage) of 52%. The one Redrap posted I've never seen done online and most likely can't be done due to the latency. I wouldn't even attempt that lol.

ryublaze

Noob
Roko1985 and RedRaptor, yeah that combo won't work unless it's offline...just saying lol that x-ray 56%, but 54 and 56% isn't much of a difference, 2%, you can pretty much get 55% with block chip damage on an immedial missle afterwards but that's getting technical ;)

roko also, I was saying mid screen earlier(not counting corner combos which always do more damage but are also very situational and rarely if ever happen) Half the time I've noticed people tend to mess up corner combos unless it's a relatively easy one. But otherwise, I use his mid 45% to 50%-51% on one bar, is more then enough damage lol for a mainstream, easy combo. I'm selecting the combos that are easy 45-50 one on bar, pretty cool and very damaging...

I should have said, easiest, most damaging anywhere, online or offline Xray combo with the one I listed, you can also replace the 3 before xray with 1(but it'll do a little less damage) of 52%. The one Redrap posted I've never seen done online and most likely can't be done due to the latency. I wouldn't even attempt that lol.
It's not seen online (or offline) because Sektor shouldn't really use X-Ray unless it's to finish the match with unbreakable damage. We are just posting his highest damaging combos, and his X-Ray wall combo is actually quite easy to perform in my opinion since all you are doing is replacing the Flame Burner in his Wall BnB with X-Ray.

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
The 25% Sektors X-ray combo. JP(AA), teleport, 1, X-ray 25% damage. That is just stupit.............:)

MKF30

@RedRaptor, it's more likely not seen because it's more unpractical(especially online) I did the combo and I must say, it's definitely more of a "eye candy/flashy" combo for a vid, rather then to be used in serious gameplay, you're going to use smaller yet good damaging combos.

The X-rays I listed combos are practical if one of the few apply. A. You're far better then your foe and can afford to use the meter B. You already have them half health or C. They have no meter to break. Speaking from experience, I always keep an eye on my opponents meter(don't know about you) but I do, and it helps me decide which combos I'm going to use when I strategize.

I like using his missles and flame thrower for zoning reasons, especially vs. say Kano lol

ryublaze

Noob
@RedRaptor, it's more likely not seen because it's more unpractical(especially online) I did the combo and I must say, it's definitely more of a "eye candy/flashy" combo for a vid, rather then to be used in serious gameplay, you're going to use smaller yet good damaging combos.

The X-rays I listed combos are practical if one of the few apply. A. You're far better then your foe and can afford to use the meter B. You already have them half health or C. They have no meter to break. Speaking from experience, I always keep an eye on my opponents meter(don't know about you) but I do, and it helps me decide which combos I'm going to use when I strategize.

I like using his missles and flame thrower for zoning reasons, especially vs. say Kano lol
I don't know what else to say...it really comes down to the player as to how easy it is to perform certain combos. If you took the time to practice his wall BnBs they become easy to do and once you get them down you should be able to land his 54% X-Ray wall combo easily.

In serious gameplay his X-Ray combos should almost never be used. His wall X-Ray combo (54%) does only 3% more than his 1 meter wall combo. His midscreen X-Ray combos do like 5% more than his 45% meter BnBs. If you like doing easier/weaker combos then go ahead but this thread is meant for his highest damaging combos. I don't mean to sound rude btw.

Roko1985

anybody use this
off landed up missle immediatlely combo jip,12b1, jk telepunch, f44 ehtelepunch, b2 flameburner if it all lands 53% roko that xray combo is 58% but all three bars ouch the second one i think you meant to end in b2 flameburner which is 56% for 1 bar that's actually better than the one i have here
Yeah, sorry. I never use flameburner as ender....only b2 up missle. I don,t remember the damage. You can be right. I am just going to point two good corner combos......no idea about the damage, but very usefull. Up missle JIP, b34(hit confirm) tele dash back 12,12,122 X-ray(flameburner or up missle). UP missle JIP b34, 12, ,122 X-ray or some other finisher. Those are practicle combos, cause you can hit confirm the b34(low starter). If blocked d1 or 12. You chose meterless or X-ray for the kill, but you will never drop them even online.

Roko1985

About Up missle JIP b2 tele b21/dash 12 X-ray
/b34 En tele b2 ender.
The first one works online. I actualy manage to do it in a real mach, but the sacond one i think is imposible and will not work online...........so just forget that one. About the corner one Up missle, JIP 12b1, b21, 122 X-ray is piece of cake. I play only online and never drop that one. I agree with you: You should never use X-ray(only for the kill or to be flashi). I dont realy care if i win or lose...........so very often i am useing not very practical combos for stileing against mid players. My Sektor is geting little rusty, but i will take him to the lab soon to try some more combos and see damage diffrentses. It seems like after tele,JK, En tele combos do more damage then tele, f44, En tele ones.What i was working on the last weeks was block strings with all the cast and i have to say that tournament players are lucky that Kratos has ban on tournaments.

MKF30

@RedRaptor, well I'll just respectfully disagree with you on his xrays being used in a competitive match. I wouldn't use them at the beginning but rather if half their health is already down, it's well worth it especially if it's the winning round for you as the Sektor player. His corner combos etc to me are more situational and for fun. 9 times out of 10, you won't see a serious Sektor win due to a corner combo if bigger combos at all. At least from what I've seen so far.

roko, That one seems simplier, the other one with the 1122, etc definitely not happening online lol. Yeah, I try to manage my offline vs. online combos, some of which you can do on both, but some it's not even worth attempting...you'll just miss them due to lag and it gets frustrating, hell other day I was playing this guy from Mexico and my teleports were whiffing, like what the hell? That's how bad the lag was lol. Anyone from foreign countries it's ridiculous lol could be Mexico, Canada or UK etc...just horrendous lag.

Also, you guys find trouble at times connecting his enhanced teleport consistently after his initial JK, teleport? Like it just doesn't come out at times, so I've found a secret way to do it. Use the first one as 4, teleport punch, then JK/3, into enhanced teleport. For me this works better then if I use 4 the entire time, don't know why lol it just does.

ryublaze

Noob
@RedRaptor, well I'll just respectfully disagree with you on his xrays being used in a competitive match. I wouldn't use them at the beginning but rather if half their health is already down, it's well worth it especially if it's the winning round for you as the Sektor player. His corner combos etc to me are more situational and for fun. 9 times out of 10, you won't see a serious Sektor win due to a corner combo if bigger combos at all. At least from what I've seen so far.

roko, That one seems simplier, the other one with the 1122, etc definitely not happening online lol. Yeah, I try to manage my offline vs. online combos, some of which you can do on both, but some it's not even worth attempting...you'll just miss them due to lag and it gets frustrating, hell other day I was playing this guy from Mexico and my teleports were whiffing, like what the hell? That's how bad the lag was lol. Anyone from foreign countries it's ridiculous lol could be Mexico, Canada or UK etc...just horrendous lag.

Also, you guys find trouble at times connecting his enhanced teleport consistently after his initial JK, teleport? Like it just doesn't come out at times, so I've found a secret way to do it. Use the first one as 4, teleport punch, then JK/3, into enhanced teleport. For me this works better then if I use 4 the entire time, don't know why lol it just does.
The key word is "almost" but yes I have already stated that his X-Ray shouldn't be used unless you need the unbreakable damage or to finish the match. I have actually won several matches online by going for his bigger corner combos, but you are correct that those times rarely happen. If you do catch the opponent into a combo at the wall and he has almost half health left then go for his big combos, otherwise end with Up Missile. Btw, my username is RedRaptor10 you are forgetting the 10 at the end. :)

ryublaze

Noob
NKZero: I haven't finished the X-Ray combos but tell me if you need X-Ray combos for each of his strings (kind of useless) or just his highest X-Ray combos (B2 into 50% X-Ray).

MKF30

RedRaptor10,(lol sorry I know your whole name I just prefer to not type out longer names sometimes lol, didn't mean to offend you or anything)but yeah that's what I've was saying before already with my 3 exceptions to use his Xray combos that do 52-54% anywhere and are relatively easy and practical to do. If you're A. Way better then your opponent and can afford to drain your meter at any time(would not recommend this though) B. You have his or her health already down 50% and C. You need or can end a match period with doing so, why not go for it? 50%, hell 45% even is a lot of damage....anything over that is definitely tempting lol.

I guess as far as the rest of your post, corner combos etc that's just preference...I don't like corner trapping with Sektor(but I do enjoy doing so with other characters I use) just not him, I won't say that's bad I just prefer to outzone them and keep them far away or do my combos mid screen so I can space them out with missles, flames etc to each his own I suppose. Everyone has their own effective method or style afterall.

NKZero

Noob
RedRaptor10 tbh i think you would need one off each string but not each situation as you did for the EX combos. so therefore the following: 12B1, B34, B2, 21 and U3. You never know when you need to use them off a certain string so they would be helpful. So you should only be posting 5 combos in total effectively. Is the only thing left after this the meter-less ones?

ryublaze

Noob
RedRaptor10 tbh i think you would need one off each string but not each situation as you did for the EX combos. so therefore the following: 12B1, B34, B2, 21 and U3. You never know when you need to use them off a certain string so they would be helpful. So you should only be posting 5 combos in total effectively. Is the only thing left after this the meter-less ones?
Umm I think I need to find Human Sektor only combos that are worth it or are better than Robot Sektor's combos. The first X-Ray combo in the video Temjin posted is one of them, and I found 2 anti-airs that do the same damage as Robot Sektor's anti-airs. But yeah I'll get to meterless after Human Sektor unless someone else wants to do it. :p

NKZero

Noob
Umm I think I need to find Human Sektor only combos that are worth it or are better than Robot Sektor's combos. The first X-Ray combo in the video Temjin posted is one of them, and I found 2 anti-airs that do the same damage as Robot Sektor's anti-airs. But yeah I'll get to meterless after Human Sektor unless someone else wants to do it. :p
nobody else wants to do it :coffee:. haha its ur fault man you came up with all this nice ass shit in the first place :). This is my opinion anyways, put all the x-rays off a combo starter with Sektor (in general) so that would be about 5 combos or whatever. If there are any that are human sektor specific then add them so those who play the human version are aware. But idk i left it to you so honestly do what you think makes the most sense.

ryublaze

Noob
NKZero: I think I finished the combo section:

http://testyourmight.com/threads/sektor-combo-thread-acquiring-target-and-destroying-target-using-maximum-damage.14065/#post-284036

I might be missing a few combos but those should be the highest damaging combos he can do. I might clean it up some other time since a lot of them are uselses or hard to do. Also I didn't include the Up Missile enders besides the wall combos but if you need those then I can probably find some other time to get them. I'd have to go through each combo again...

NKZero

Noob
No that is fine mate. Can I just say that you are a real star! Thank you ever so much for this because it will give me and others an opportunity to work on a load of stuff with Sektor in the lab. I am ever so grateful. I will try to find a way encorporate this into the combo section of the guide. Can you straight up copy and paste even with the spoilers? How would I do it?

Good job my friend RedRaptor10! :)

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
wall meterless 45% without JIP off of B+2

edit* phone quality is choppy due to a bad upload but the notation if anyone is wondering:

b+2~TU, slight dash forward uppercut, 1,2,b+1, 1,2,2~flamethrower

you can also d+1 after the uppercut and ender of your choice for less damage but an easier guarantee

Im trying to pick sektor as my third character but this combo thread is nowhere near noobfriendly. theres like 50 combos up there.

Do I have to master them all to know whats best? I am in need of help..

What are the best combos off of his b3, standing 1 anti air, d1 anti air? off of his teleport/ex teleport off of b2 etc.

ryublaze

Noob
Im trying to pick sektor as my third character but this combo thread is nowhere near noobfriendly. theres like 50 combos up there.

What are the best combos off of his b3, standing 1 anti air, d1 anti air? off of his teleport/ex teleport off of b2 etc.
Sorry about that. I just jotted them all down for the sake of information. I think later they'll be sorted out to which are the best combos and such. For now you can try looking at the damage and see which ones do the highest. Some have more stricter timing than others so you're probably going to have to experiement with each.

Sektor's combos aren't that hard to figure out (outside of his b21~b34 ones). Spending some time in training mode will get you where you need to go.

But if you're just starting out, the most important combo to know is 12b1~f43~TU~JK~EXTU~B2~Flameburner. 45% one bar and it can be used to punish a lot of stuff. Alternatively, you can substitute the B2~Flameburner for a Dash~12~Up/Homing Missile.

Sorry about that. I just jotted them all down for the sake of information. I think later they'll be sorted out to which are the best combos and such. For now you can try looking at the damage and see which ones do the highest. Some have more stricter timing than others so you're probably going to have to experiement with each.
Thanks, for now I'm gonna head to training mode and try to come up with some setups, strats and stuff, I''ll practice some of these combos though for a bit as well.