What's new

Strategy Sektor Combo Thread (Acquiring target and destroying target using maximum damage)

Beginner0k_TwM

https://www.twitch.tv/beginner0k_twm
could you possibly put up the notations please? thanks for the vid anyways :)
Strange people often ask for the video instead of text) I hope it will help you...
Corner:
b+2~TU => b+2,1 => b+2,1 => 1,2,2~Flame - 50% from the wall
1,2,b+1 => NJP => dash =>Up Missle => 1,2 => 1,2,2~flame - 44% on the wall
MidScreen:
TU => b+2,1 => b+3,4~Ex TU => b+2~Flame - 40%
b+3,4~TU => b+2,1 => b+3,4~Ex TU => b+2~Flame - 42%they hit at the time b+2,1
b+2~TU => NJP => f+2 => b+3,4~Ex TU => b+2~Flame - 42%
b+2~TU => NJP => 1(wiff)2,2~Ex TU => b+2~Flame - 43%
f+4~TU => b+2,1 => b+3,4~Ex TU => b+2~Flame - 43%
2,1~TU => b+2,1 => b+3,4~Ex TU => b+2~Flame - 44%
1,2,b+1 => NJP => f+4,4~TU => b+3,4~Ex TU => b+2~Flame - 45%
FJK~TU => b+2,1 => b+3,4~Ex TU => b+2~Flame - 45% they hit at the time b+2,1
b+2~TU => NJP => 1(wiff)2,2~X-ray - 46%
u+3~4~TU => b+2,1 => b+3,4~Ex TU => b+2~Flame - 46% they hit at the time b+2,1 VeryHard
b+2~TU => b+2,1 => b+3,4~Ex TU => b+2~Flame -47%
what do you do when they hit Up Missle to jump to your opponent?

NKZero

Noob
Strange people often ask for the video instead of text) I hope it will help you...
Corner:
b+2~TU => b+2,1 => b+2,1 => 1,2,2~Flame - 50% from the wall
1,2,b+1 => NJP => dash =>Up Missle => 1,2 => 1,2,2~flame - 44%
MidScreen:
TU => b+2,1 => b+3,4~Ex TU => b+2~Flame - 40%
b+3,4~TU => b+2,1 => b+3,4~Ex TU => b+2~Flame - 42%they hit at the time b+2,1
b+2~TU => NJP => f+2 => b+3,4~Ex TU => b+2~Flame - 42%
b+2~TU => NJP => 1(wiff)2,2~Ex TU => b+2~Flame - 43%
f+4~TU => b+2,1 => b+3,4~Ex TU => b+2~Flame - 43%
2,1~TU => b+2,1 => b+3,4~Ex TU => b+2~Flame - 44%
FJK~TU => b+2,1 => b+3,4~Ex TU => b+2~Flame - 45% they hit at the time b+2,1
b+2~TU => NJP => 1(wiff)2,2~X-ray - 46%
u+3~4~TU => b+2,1 => b+3,4~Ex TU => b+2~Flame - 46% they hit at the time b+2,1 VeryHard
b+2~TU => b+2,1 => b+3,4~Ex TU => b+2~Flame -47%
what do you do when they hit Up Missle to jump to your opponent?
thanks i'll have an extensive look @ these. dont understand ur question though!

NKZero

Noob
guys I'm sorry I haven't had too much time to look into these combo suggestions yet. Internet doesn't work at home at the moment and I can't really spend too much time looking @ these at work so once internet works at home I'll add to the combo section.

Mothmonsterman0

Mortal Kombat is NOT dead.
how do you land the 1 2 flame burner in the combo 1 2 b1, jk, tp, b2 1, dash, 1 2, flame burner 40%

i can only land the combo when the 2 in 1 2 b1 whiffs and it only comes out to 36% ?

ryublaze

Noob
how do you land the 1 2 flame burner in the combo 1 2 b1, jk, tp, b2 1, dash, 1 2, flame burner 40%

i can only land the combo when the 2 in 1 2 b1 whiffs and it only comes out to 36% ?
When you do the jump kick, jump backwards instead of forward. Idk why but it makes landing the last part of the combo easier.

ryublaze

Noob
NKZero: Add J360 's wall combo to the meterless wall combo list. It's hard to do but it's another one of his highest wall combos.

1, 2, B1, F4, Up Missile, B2, 1, 1, 2, 2, Flame Burner (47%, 11 Hits)

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
that combo is pretty hard to land, the f+4 has to be done almost immediately after the 1,2,b+1
good stuff to J360

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
So, I'm maining sektor this week and I'm trying to learn that 40% no meter combo but I can't get the dash 12 part to connect, so it's always ending after the B21...

Help any suggestions on how to land it?

NKZero

Noob
So, I'm maining sektor FOREVER
Fixed for ya ;)

Anyways to answer the question, I think it's easier if you do a jump BACK kick into teleport as opposed to a forward one...remember to cancel the dash as quickly as you can with 12 but I think if you do jump back kick it should be ok from there on.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
So, I'm maining sektor this week and I'm trying to learn that 40% no meter combo but I can't get the dash 12 part to connect, so it's always ending after the B21...

Help any suggestions on how to land it?
Don't. It's too inconsistent to land even offline...but to answer your question, do a back jump kick after the launcher.

Edit: I derped. Seems like I got beaten to it. It's on top of the first page.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Fixed for ya ;)

Anyways to answer the question, I think it's easier if you do a jump BACK kick into teleport as opposed to a forward one...remember to cancel the dash as quickly as you can with 12 but I think if you do jump back kick it should be ok from there on.
Ah, maybe that's it... I'm always doing a jump forward kick. Thanks guys!

It's okay if it's inconsistent, I've got the 12B1 F43 TU 2 (I subbed this for B2, found it easier) flamethrower combo down.

After this combo and a B34 variant, I need to learn setups for missiles and pressure strings and such, where do I go for that?

NKZero

Noob
Ah, maybe that's it... I'm always doing a jump forward kick. Thanks guys!

It's okay if it's inconsistent, I've got the 12B1 F43 TU 2 (I subbed this for B2, found it easier) flamethrower combo down.

After this combo and a B34 variant, I need to learn setups for missiles and pressure strings and such, where do I go for that?
I had a thread that had mid screen up missile set-ups. What would work on character x or y and what wake-up attacks would beat set-up a or b or c etc. that disappeared but thanks for reminding me I'll try to do it again in the next few days. Basically, 21-up missile is safe against every single wake-up attack (with or w/out tech roll) so if you can buffer different missile landings with 21 then you don't need to worry about the others.

There's no such thing as pressure for Sektor unless you are fighting a character where standing 1 will connect on crouch block e.g. Sheeva, Kenshi, Noob etc. Check my guide and I have a link for a thread that RomeoBravoDelta made regarding Sektor's strings vs character hitboxes.

If you haven't read my guide yet then do but if you still feel there is something missing let me know (so I can expand on info) or just ask me a question.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I had a thread that had mid screen up missile set-ups. What would work on character x or y and what wake-up attacks would beat set-up a or b or c etc. that disappeared but thanks for reminding me I'll try to do it again in the next few days. Basically, 21-up missile is safe against every single wake-up attack (with or w/out tech roll) so if you can buffer different missile landings with 21 then you don't need to worry about the others.

There's no such thing as pressure for Sektor unless you are fighting a character where standing 1 will connect on crouch block e.g. Sheeva, Kenshi, Noob etc. Check my guide and I have a link for a thread that RomeoBravoDelta made regarding Sektor's strings vs character hitboxes.

If you haven't read my guide yet then do but if you still feel there is something missing let me know (so I can expand on info) or just ask me a question.
No pressure? dafuq?

So I can't do stuff like... B3, 12, B34? :(

NKZero

Noob
No pressure? dafuq?

Well that's what I'm saying...if 1 connects you can do stuff like you mentioned above, and that's when Sektor can be real dangerous. However against other characters where standing 1 will whiff, you are pretty much left with 21 pressure (which will also whiff against some characters) or B3 stagger options.

This is where the missiles come in handy (especially homing missile). They lock the opponent down and give enough frame advantage for you to pressure, throw or go for the 50/50 mix-up off U3 stance.

In my opinion anyways, Sektor is best played as a defensive footsies/zoning character.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Well that's what I'm saying...if 1 connects you can do stuff like you mentioned above, and that's when Sektor can be real dangerous. However against other characters where standing 1 will whiff, you are pretty much left with 21 pressure (which will also whiff against some characters) or B3 stagger options.

This is where the missiles come in handy (especially homing missile). They lock the opponent down and give enough frame advantage for you to pressure, throw or go for the 50/50 mix-up off U3 stance.

In my opinion anyways, Sektor is best played as a defensive footsies/zoning character.
Was just wondering what kinds of things you can do with Sektor to pressure, for example with Sub you can do stuff like:

D4 hits... you can go into 21, 212 hit confirm, 214, more D4 ...etc
D4 blocked... you can clone, more D4, etc

Basically, I'd like to know what you can do after certain things, what's safe to do, what's risky but could pay off (HELLO ICE PUDDLE SHENANIGANS lol), etc

No pressure? dafuq?

Even with characters who's crouching and blocking hitboxes are large enough for Sektor to hit, everyone can shut down any pressure attempts by Sektor with d3. Not even Homing Missiles are guaranteed since a handful of characters have ways around them between armor and invincibility.

For my money, you're job as Sektor should be staying away from your opponent and making getting to you a living hell. Use b1 as a retreating poke and take advantage of the speed of f2 and b3 to poke holes in their defense.

If by chance you do get on top of someone, use 21(4), b3, and throws as the meat of your offense. 21(4) is fairly reliable against crouching and neutral on block. The delay on the 4 if can also catch counter pokes and sends them to full screen, opening them up for more zoning and footsies. Making them respect b3 opens them up for throw options. It can't be said enough how good Sektor's throw is.