What's new

Season's Beatings: Velocity - Oct. 14-16, Columbus, OH - MK9/UMK3/SSF4AE/MvC2/MvC3

Tim Static

Adminerator
Godlike Entertainment presents:

SB:V Teaser Trailer, by Seth Mussey:

Season’s Beatings: The Mecca of Marvel and Origin of “IT’S MAHVEL BABY!” Six years of All-Star players and Dream-Team Special Events. One more year at a legendary venue.

Chris Hatala (Ghaleon), Harmon Tam (nomrah) and FUGEE are teaming up to drive one of the world’s largest tournaments toward a new future, at breakneck Velocity.

Facebook: Season’s Beatings Tournament Series
Twitter: gdlkEnt
YouTube: SeasonsBeatingsGDLK

Last year 700 players from 40+ states and a half-dozen countries, along with hundreds of thousands of viewers, watched Daigo rescue Team World from defeat with an unforgettable flourish (10:45) at Team U.S.’s hands in a 5-on-5 extravaganza.

Justin Wong achieved Redemption against his Evo 2010 nemesis, Gamerbee -- but in the end Gamerbee in turn Redeemed himself and won the 412-player SSFIV tournament.

This October, together with media and promotions by Team Spooky, Cross Counter, and SB/Evo motion graphics artist Seth Mussey, Season’s Beatings: Velocity bids a final farewell to our roots as we merge OG with the New Age of Hype.

We'd like to thank our sponsors: Brokentier, EventHubs, FocusFire, and Cross Counter
Wish to have your organized featured on-site or in front of the millions-strong SB/Spooky viewership?
Contact our team at [email protected].

Confirmed Special Events:

Friday night:

**Super SFIV: Arcade Ed. - Mystery Player Special Exhibition**
**East Coast vs. West Coast – Marvel 3 runback, 5-on-5 Round Robin**

East Coast were hungry, and we're making it happen. RUN-IT-BACK.

Saturday night:

**The $1,000 MAHVEL Broken Bracket, sponsored by Brokentier**
-- 16 Grandmasters, Mystery Format – only one pockets the cash in this final MvC2 event

**Civil War: Good vs. Evil - Season’s Beatings: Velocity Main Event (MvC3)**
An epic in the making since Day 1 of MvC3's release.

When and Where:

Friday, October 14, through Sunday, October 16, 2011
-- Three FULL days of Beatings.

MoMo2 -- Google maps directions
2885 Olentangy River Road
Columbus, OH 43202-1510
(614) 784-0888

MoMo's has a GREAT kitchen serving Asian dishes. They have bubble tea and a full drinks menu, including alcohol for those 21 and over. Please support them and do not bring outside food/drink to the venue.

This is our FINAL international event at MoMo’s. Come party and make some memories!

These hotels are all within walking distance.

Closest:
Red Roof Inn Columbus - The Ohio State University
441 Ackerman Rd
Columbus, OH 43202
614-267-9941
Group Name: Season's Beatings
Block Code: B121Season
Group Rate: $59.99/night + Tax

2nd option:
University Plaza Hotel and Conference Center
3110 Olentangy River Rd.
Columbus , Ohio 43202
614-267-7461 or 877-677-5292
Group Code: "SBR11"
Group Rate: $109/night + Tax
--We have a couple dozens rooms and they must be ordered by 9/22.
We can get more rooms as long as you guys book soon. Please
use University Plaza as your 2nd option (after the Red Roof). They
are located right across the street from Momo's.

3rd option:
Fairfield Inn & Suites OSU
3031 Olentangy River Road, Columbus, OH 43202
(614) 267-1111
This is another nearby hotel, unfortunately we were unable to secure a group rate here.

Venue fee is $35, pre-registration/pre-payment only, and the rate will go up in late Sept.
Please pre-pay and reserve your room ASAP. Monday, Aug. 16, we will release room Block info! Spectators will pay the same rate because of the venue cap, so it's worth your while to play some games.

We have limited venue passes, but we will try our best to accommodate interested media.
Please contact us at [email protected] for details.

No WALK-IN registration. This event will SELL OUT at venue's capacity.
All official HD tournament games will run on Focus Fire PS3s and Asus monitors

Official Games List:

· Friday:

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (PS3) -- $20 -- ($5,000 pot minimum, Top 32 payout)
- Pool 1-4: 2 p.m.
- Pool 5-8: 4 p.m.
- Pool 9-12: 6 p.m.
- Pool 13-16: 8 p.m.
-
3rd Strike - 3v3 Teams (PS3) -- $10/player
- 4:30 p.m.
-
** Super SFIV:Arcade Ed. – Mystery Player Exhibition)**
- 10 p.m.
-
**East Coast vs. West Coast -- (MvC3) (5-on-5 Round Robin)**
- 11 p.m.

· Saturday:

Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Ed. (PS3) -- $20 -- ($5,000 pot minimum, Top 32 payout)
- Pool 1-4: 10 a.m.
- Pool 5-8: 12:30 p.m.
- Pool 9-12: 3 p.m.
- Pool 13-16: 5:30 p.m.
-
Super Street Fighter II Turbo (Two H2H Cab setups w/PSX ports) - ($50 entry, Top 5 payout)
- 11 a.m.
-
Mortal Kombat 9 (PS3) -- $10
- Pool 1-3: 2 p.m.
- Pool 4-6: 4:30 p.m.
- Pool 7-8: 7 p.m.
-
**$1,000 MAHVEL Broken Bracket, sponsored by Brokentier (DC)**
- 9 p.m.
-
**Civil War: Good vs. Evil - Main Event (MvC3)**
- 11 p.m.

++ Community-run Side games++
Tekken 6 (Saturday night, run by Princesa Stacy - PS3)

· Sunday:

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Qualifiers – Top 32à Top 16
- 10 a.m.

Super SFIV: Arcade Ed. Qualifiers – Top 32à Top 16
- 12 a.m.

Super SFIV:Arcade Ed. Celebrity Team Tournament
- 2 p.m

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Finals
- 5 p.m.

Super SFIV: Arcade Ed. Finals
- 7:30 p.m.

Curious about the Payout?
Check out the most recent PowerUp podcast for a detailed breakdown, including what led us to know that the FGC is finally ready for $20 main tournament entry fees.

Payout Structure (SSF4/MvC3), $5,000 guaranteed. (Expected pot total is between $6,000-$8,000)

1st: 50% ($2,500 guaranteed)
2nd: 20% ($1,000 guaranteed)
3rd: 10% ($500 " ")
4th: 7% ($350 " ")
5th: 4% ($200 "")
5th: 4% ($200 " ")
7th: 2.5% ($125 " ")
7th: 2.5% ($125 " ")
9th - 16th - $55 (venue $35 + entry $20)
17th - 32nd - $20 (entry)

Top 32 (i.e. those who make it out of pools) will also receive an upcoming bonus in appreciation of their accomplishment.

**Rules:**
Evo standard rules across all games (including no wireless pads).

Also:
-Super Turbo: 3/5 throughout, 4/7 for Grand Finals.
-3rd Strike: It's up to you to arrange your three-man team and inform Ghaleon of your team name + members. If you're unable to get two or three teammates, you will be assigned to a random team.

With that said ALL side games or Unofficial Team Tournaments are not GUARANTEED to finish at MOMOS. As a Tournament Runner you will be responsible for the players MONEY and relocation (Hotel rooms being an Option) of these tournaments if MAIN games take priority due to time or resources. We have very little leeway in scheduling.

If you are planning on bringing any equipment Systems/Games/Boards etc. Please PM or Facebook me or Harmon. Thanks to Focus Fire we will be almost completely covered.

Many, many more details to come, regarding media, production, online content, and top guests in all games. We're setting up a website where we can directly engage YOU, the players spending hard-earned money to come to our event. Expect big things from the smallest games. GET AT US about what else you want to see at this event!

For now, post up or contact Chris or Harmon through PM or Facebook ("Chris Ghaleon Hatala", “Harmon Tam”) with questions/feedback/advice.

We can’t wait to party one more year at Momo’s along with you, our friends from across the world who make these events possible!

MAKE SURE YOU PRE-REGISTER! THERE WILL BE NO REGISTRATION TAKEN AT VENUE WHEN THE EVENT HAS STARTED! YOU MUST REGISTER ONLINE!!

REGISTER HERE!! http://godlike-entertainment.com/?page_id=7

catch22

GOD LAO FTW!!!
UMMMM.............hello?? :banana:

hahahaha, well played sir, well played :D
well i guess we will have to get in contact then, i hate to go and not know anyone there :(
and id be going alone with out my kid, tho it be great because it would help him so much i believe :)
but sadly he would be in school.

and i was thinking of leaving if i go, on the 13th and, leaving back home on the 14 at the latest possible lol

deffinately would love to hang out with all you here, i watch the streams and i get so angry because i am not there, but then it hits me...am 34 married with 4 kids :'( lol

thanks a lot tim, your comment means a lot, and as webster will even tell you that when i say it means a lot, its because it does. :)

Same here meng. We'll definitely have to work out some details soon.

But first things first...Fighters X Shooters this weekend my friend. ^_^

catch22

GOD LAO FTW!!!
Same here meng. We'll definitely have to work out some details soon.

But first things first...Fighters X Shooters this weekend my friend. ^_^
haha, hell yeah brother, i cant wait my man,like i said before, i am more nervous and anxious than my kid whos playing on it lol

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
See you there, Tim.

Webster, I might be able to take you. Haven't worked out all the details yet.

ETA

If they're using FF's equipment, I sure hope they get the updates/characters sorted for their systems. At FxS only 1 or 2 systems had all the characters.

Tim Static

Adminerator
See you there, Tim.

Webster, I might be able to take you. Haven't worked out all the details yet.

ETA

If they're using FF's equipment, I sure hope they get the updates/characters sorted for their systems. At FxS only 1 or 2 systems had all the characters.
My 2 setups (ASUS & PS3's) will be complete. And if i have to update the other ps3's with a flash drive, i will!

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
Roger that. Looking forward to hanging out with you guys again. I'll be coming with Chaosphere, and maybe digi, depending on the logistics of it all. BTW Tim, you have one of those ps2 converters for Xbox that doesn't require a wired controller? Looking to buy ;]

Shady

Noob
Looking into the possibility of coming to this. Only a 50$ bus ride there and back but I'd have to coordinate Toronto to Pittsburg then Pittsburg to Columbus. Gonna be a bitch, but if I get a job by then, definitely going to try and make it.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
sadly i wont be coming. the character i have spent tons and tons of hours on isnt getting the buff i was expecting so im better off just taking 500 bucks and burning it..

hope everyone has a good time and good luck :)

Altaire

Noob
sadly i wont be coming. the character i have spent tons and tons of hours on isnt getting the buff i was expecting so im better off just taking 500 bucks and burning it..

hope everyone has a good time and good luck :)
Who cares? If I went out, I'd be playing Cyber Sub, and he'd get crushed the minute I run into a Kabal. Going to a tourney should be more about having fun than actually winning anything.

Anyway, I'm trying to make it out. I think I have a room lined up, but I'm not sure I can get out there on such short notice. I can fly over to Windsor for cheap, but after that, I still need to figure out how the hell I'm going to take the bus to Columbus from there. I think it's doable, but I can't confirm anything.

Still, you have NO idea how badly I want to go. I'm really looking forward to seeing all of you there. Can't wait to get blown up before I get out of pools!

Tim Static

Adminerator
Who cares? If I went out, I'd be playing Cyber Sub, and he'd get crushed the minute I run into a Kabal. Going to a tourney should be more about having fun than actually winning anything.

Anyway, I'm trying to make it out. I think I have a room lined up, but I'm not sure I can get out there on such short notice. I can fly over to Windsor for cheap, but after that, I still need to figure out how the hell I'm going to take the bus to Columbus from there. I think it's doable, but I can't confirm anything.

Still, you have NO idea how badly I want to go. I'm really looking forward to seeing all of you there. Can't wait to get blown up before I get out of pools!
Awesome.

Do Greyhound go to/from Windsor?

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police

Soonk and I have a room already lined up. We should get together for some casuals!