Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Liu Kang

Votes: 23 8.2%
  • Erron black

Votes: 45 16.0%

• Total voters

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I totally disagree. If you're having trouble with his execution then your controller might be broken. The only thing tough about him is an unusually small amplify window for his cancel. String xx special, string xx special isn't hard. Is there some tool he has that I'm overlooking that isn't simple as hell? His playstyle is to whiff punish, convert off krushing blows, and remembering to block when it's not your turn. I'll agree that Geras is scrubbier than Kabal, but I don't think scorpion is. You're probably just getting teleported on constantly by waves of bad scorpions. If you recall, every MK game has a shit ton of year 1 scorpions. MK9, Injustice, and MKX were packed with scorpions at launch because 111, teleport. There is a considerably gap between high and low level scorpions that come down to skill, reactions, reads, etc. vs Kabal where most of your game is backdash into a B1. You can't "maximize someone's toolset" as a scrub player. You just can't. The entry level into this game is low, but not that low.
I didn't say I was having trouble with his execution, I co-mained D'Vorah in MKX with optimal play. I said his execution is harder in comparison to a lot of the roster. Many characters don't have things as tight as hit confirming F4-cancel, the optimal link from KB swirl hook, etc. I could list 20 characters with easier execution, so his is harder relative to the MK11 roster.

As far as the rest of your post, I'm not even going to address it because it's basically you ranting about why scrub online Scorpions would give me and Blewdew problems (they don't), and implying that our skill level must be too inferior to understand (lolz). If you wanna put that to the test we can play this weekend. I'll be on a good 6 hours tomorrow and a good 8-ish hours Sunday. We can FT5 any time and then continue the convo.

PSN: AoN_SaltShaker

Ray'sGoodLiquor

I don't care I'm not a competitive player anymore
I didn't say I was having trouble with his execution, I co-mained D'Vorah in MKX with optimal play. I said his execution is harder in comparison to a lot of the roster. Many characters don't have things as tight as hit confirming F4-cancel, the optimal link from KB swirl hook, etc. I could list 20 characters with easier execution, so his is harder relative to the MK11 roster.

As far as the rest of your post, I'm not even going to address it because it's basically you ranting about why scrub online Scorpions would give me and Blewdew problems (they don't), and implying that our skill level must be too inferior to understand (lolz). If you wanna put that to the test we can play this weekend. I'll be on a good 6 hours tomorrow and a good 8-ish hours Sunday. We can FT5 any time and then continue the convo.

PSN: AoN_SaltShaker
lolz?.............. I don't have a playstation. I do love your immediate jump to, "I did X thing in X game, fight me bro." Regardless of which one of us is better at MK11, it has nothing to do with this conversation. Maybe you can fly to Seattle so we can have a hacky-sack off. It's equally relevant. I also don't play scorpion :)

Scorpion is not better the Erron. Sure, I often ask myself why Scorpion's F3 is a mid while Johnny's isn't. But that doesn't exclude the fact that Erron's pressure is better than Jacqui's. On top of that, he can fight from any range with a full screen fatal blow. Let's be honest with ourselves, he's the second best character in the game.

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
You say he doesn't have a 50/50, then he only has a 50/50 in one of his variations and it's not good. He has 50/50s, and just because they don't lead into combo doesn't make them bad. F224 is unpunishable, and I've only had F22 low hook punished like twice because you always condition them to block the safe option, and only go unsafe when you feel you have to. He also has a 25/25/25/25 after using 22 as an ender for a standing combo. The animation for f22 lasts long enough where you can literally watch the person block and decide weather to finish with 4 or low hook. If you're not sure, throw out regular hook grab.

I know the difference in good, underused, and scrubby. If scrubby just means the character that kids flock to at release, it will always and forever be scorpion, even if he's the most execution heavy character in the game, which he'll never be because NRS knows kids want to play scorpion. Being a beginner friendly character doesn't automatically make you scrubby. Anytime scorpion teleports outside of a combo or projectile punish, you should be getting a free combo from it. Scorpion stops being a problem fairly early when casuals quit and the only people left know how to block and punish a delayed amplify.
yes he has a 50/50, which does low damage and the low is -17. just because people can't punish you for doing it doesn't mean it's safe I can punish it consistently. it does exist but is nowhere near as good as sonyas,errons or subs for example.
and I don't get what you're trying to tell me with that 25/25/25/25 situation. you're ending a combo with 22 your +20 which is cool since it garantuees a lot of things but where is the quadruple guess coming from? or do you mean f22 which is 0 on hit? and do you mean db4 with regular hook grab which is a mid and -15 on block? this whole "setup" seems like a big gimmick to me and you getting away with murder against people who don't know the matchup. f22 on hit literally garantuees you nothing.

I never said scorpion is scrubby because he's the poster character don't put words in my mouth. with your theory it would mean that I'd say mkx hellfire scorpion was a scrubby character which he wasn't since he was pretty execution heavy. he's scrubby because you can pick him up in 1-2 hours and have a viable pocket scorpion that can shit on a good part of the cast. I also don't have problems with his teleport on block, it's a dumb move because it kills the neutral and can be cancelled.

you don't give us any legitimate arguments why kabal should be considered as scrubby. as @SaltShaker said there are no people who have a 2 hour pocket kabal and do well against anybody who isn't a completely beginner. that alone and the fact that scorpion is the number 1 character voted as the srubbiest by a mile in this thread should tell you that kabal is not scrubbier than scorpion.
and if you think kabals gameplan is only "backdash b1" (which isn't a thing, except you meant backwalk) then I don't know what to tell you anymore.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
Scorpion is not better the Erron. Sure, I often ask myself why Scorpion's F3 is a mid while Johnny's isn't. But that doesn't exclude the fact that Erron's pressure is better than Jacqui's. On top of that, he can fight from any range with a full screen fatal blow. Let's be honest with ourselves, he's the second best character in the game.

Ray'sGoodLiquor

I don't care I'm not a competitive player anymore
yes he has a 50/50, which does low damage and the low is -17. just because people can't punish you for doing it doesn't mean it's safe I can punish it consistently. it does exist but is nowhere near as good as sonyas,errons or subs for example.
and I don't get what you're trying to tell me with that 25/25/25/25 situation. you're ending a combo with 22 your +20 which is cool since it garantuees a lot of things but where is the quadruple guess coming from? or do you mean f22 which is 0 on hit? and do you mean db4 with regular hook grab which is a mid and -15 on block? this whole "setup" seems like a big gimmick to me and you getting away with murder against people who don't know the matchup. f22 on hit literally garantuees you nothing.

I never said scorpion is scrubby because he's the poster character don't put words in my mouth. with your theory it would mean that I'd say mkx hellfire scorpion was a scrubby character which he wasn't since he was pretty execution heavy. he's scrubby because you can pick him up in 1-2 hours and have a viable pocket scorpion that can shit on a good part of the cast. I also don't have problems with his teleport on block, it's a dumb move because it kills the neutral and can be cancelled.

you don't give us any legitimate arguments why kabal should be considered as scrubby. as @SaltShaker said there are no people who have a 2 hour pocket kabal and do well against anybody who isn't a completely beginner. that alone and the fact that scorpion is the number 1 character voted as the srubbiest by a mile in this thread should tell you that kabal is not scrubbier than scorpion.
and if you think kabals gameplan is only "backdash b1" (which isn't a thing, except you meant backwalk) then I don't know what to tell you anymore.
You're right. Kabal isn't scrubby.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
1. Erron Black.

I don't think I have ever felt more robbed against any character before, he is a walking potato. The worst part is how great his pokes are, try counterpoking him and good luck winning, amazing mids, his scud shot cancels are pretty much + because of the fact that he can just MB it, halfscreen 50/50's with a safe option that pretty much feels + because he can mb it, a krushing blow in it (awkay), dumb oki (best oki in the game), dot, a fatal blow that has given me more anxiety than anything before, like it literally feels that I'm at disadvantage if I have 80% health against an Erron with 20% health like wtf.

2. Jacqui/Sonya tie.

One is a walking infinite who makes zoners guess what she is gonna do next halfscreen away instead of the other way around into 45% or more damage off 9F mid and the other is the same but she can zone you all match just to hit you with a mix-up when you finally get in (into 45%-60%)

3. Scorpion.

He is just a scrub's wet dream, he does the work for you. Period. (Oh, and he's top tier at it)

5. Sub Zero.

He carries people hard. One wrong guess and there goes your lifelead.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
clearly you never played against a doomsday, or played mkx or playe dmk9 sonya or prepatch injustice scorpion
If you could fuzzy earthshaker Doomsday instantly became a super fair rushdown character tho and is one of my favorite characters to fight against. Obviously that never happened online tho lmao

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
This is an easy thread.

there are two characters that LITERALLY make you fear moving.

One of those characters make sthe OTHER character fear moving

I think we all know who i'm talking about.

If you could fuzzy earthshaker Doomsday instantly became a super fair rushdown character tho and is one of my favorite characters to fight against. Obviously that never happened online tho lmao
i could fuzzy block earthshaker ez online atleast after d1 or in fairly predictable situation. Character could still be played by a monkey in my opinion. Like literally if i could pick 1 character to train an ape to play in any fighting game it would doomday. Get's in completely free barely without consequence. Does the same random shit, grab d1 earth shake, earthshake dash earthshake in the corner, sweeps. Requires no spacing whatsoever and forces opponenent in 95% of matchups to play your stupid little guessing game. That character reduced skill gap immensely.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
i could fuzzy block earthshaker ez online atleast after d1 or in fairly predictable situation. Character could still be played by a monkey in my opinion. Like literally if i could pick 1 character to train an ape to play in any fighting game it would doomday. Get's in completely free barely without consequence. Does the same random shit, grab d1 earth shake, earthshake dash earthshake in the corner, sweeps. Requires no spacing whatsoever and forces opponenent in 95% of matchups to play your stupid little guessing game. That character reduced skill gap immensely.
Honestly it was just really bad design by NRS once again. They wanted "bully" play style to fit his persona...... and literally just ran out of interesting things to do with him.
It is like they watched one animated TV with Doomsday and was like "oh shit he just throws his body around willy nilly? EZ PEEZY"

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
super fair

+6 armoured charge with a huge antiair hitbox you could combo off of if you were anywhere near the corner

trait that let him unga bunga and punish things on hit, ignore frames etc

amazing body splash

best d1 in the game free with insane reach

one of the best sweeps

insane wallcarry

7f antiair

Wetdoba

All too easy...
super fair

+6 armoured charge with a huge antiair hitbox you could combo off of if you were anywhere near the corner

trait that let him unga bunga and punish things on hit, ignore frames etc

amazing body splash

best d1 in the game free with insane reach

one of the best sweeps

insane wallcarry

7f antiair
In the end to me doomsday was a very simple rushdown character that had every tool a rushdown character would want balanced by his low damage that forced him to open you up many more times than a normal character. He had a poke, a sweep, mix up, a safe special, a throw, mb plus frames, an anti air, and a cross up. Yeah he was obviously simple but when you factor the damage difference it made sense to me which is why i loved him cus he let you go nuts but since he didnt drop damage it was fine and mid tier-ish. He had to open you up a lot and when you consitantly block him and tech the throws which was super easy in igau he was forced to switch up timings on stuff. Like everyone had plus frames even zoners so plus 6 for meter doesnt even phase me when talking about injustice 1

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
In the end to me doomsday was a very simple rushdown character that had every tool a rushdown character would want balanced by his low damage that forced him to open you up many more times than a normal character. He had a poke, a sweep, mix up, a safe special, a throw, mb plus frames, an anti air, and a cross up. Yeah he was obviously simple but when you factor the damage difference it made sense to me which is why i loved him cus he let you go nuts but since he didnt drop damage it was fine and mid tier-ish. He had to open you up a lot and when you consitantly block him and tech the throws which was super easy in igau he was forced to switch up timings on stuff. Like everyone had plus frames even zoners so plus 6 for meter doesnt even phase me when talking about injustice 1
+6

with armour

from 3/4 screen

cant be pushblocked unless its at the end of the 2nd hit.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
+6

with armour

from 3/4 screen

cant be pushblocked unless its at the end of the 2nd hit.
Well theres no reason to pushblock the first shoulder you would just pushblock the 2nd hit on reaction. With igau i could take any low tier and name something they had that sounds broken on paper. In the context of the game it was fine

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Well theres no reason to pushblock the first shoulder you would just pushblock the 2nd hit on reaction. With igau i could take any low tier and name something they had that sounds broken on paper. In the context of the game it was fine
if you waited to pushblock the 2nd shoulder he could not MB it and itd be safe. Or if you wanted to pushblock the d1 and he immediately MBed it.