Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Shang Tsung

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Liu Kang

Votes: 23 8.2%
  • Erron black

Votes: 45 16.0%

• Total voters
Online I think a big helping of luck, or a great counterpick helps better assure a win.

A Sub or Scorpion who makes big mistakes or is too predictable with slide or teleport can be easy to take down, but if they are smart enough...tough going.

And what can be beatable with work can sometimes wipe ya out without the same effort.
Your responses to Braindead and me, describe the concept of mind games and outsmarting your opponent. I don't see any wrong on these.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I usually side with you on most things but Geras is not as fucked up broken as MK9 Kabal, difficulty or no.

That’s a grand stretch...

He may be braindead but he’s not fucked up like that, there’s a difference between overtuned and BROKEN.
Oh no I'm not saying Geras was more broken than MK9 Kabal, no way. Kabal was hands down #1 with 7-3 and 8-2 MUs against a third of the roster lol.

The difference is that Kabal took actual mastery to hit his peak, so it wasn't really scrubby. Very few people could effectively apply his broken NDC Cancel pressure. Instant Air Gas took tons of practice to master at an in-game level. His conversion combos were some of the hardest and strictest in the game, etc.

Fast forward to MK11 and Geras, and you simply land CH low sand for 32%. A normal for 29%. A jump in that can't be AA for auto-pressure. A 50/50 that requires you to hit one button for 33% so you always eat the low. A damage reset that is applied by just jumping that takes half your life. Literal loopable throws. Etc.

MK9 Kabal was godlike, but scrubby is the last word I'd use for him. Geras is for people who want to do top tier things without actually doing anything.

I pressed “find next online match” on accident without realizing it and was on the PS home screen went back to mk app and saw that I was in a ranked match with a Shang player and I had only realized it had picked scorpion for me after I panicked and spammed the rematch button.

Needless to say I lost the set but I DID beat him one match with out any kind of practice and just playing it by ear, I didn’t even know how to do hellport, just the fear of it happening allowed me to do yolo shit lol.

Def the scrubbiest character.

Enexemander

A Hitbox Pirate - YARRR -
lul she really doesn't. I listed all that you can do against her and no one replied on that status, so you know, lab bruh. or get these free nut massages. :REO
I respect the Cassie pick from the point of view of a Raiden main. Cassie's projectiles are high risk/reward because a teleport punish on her gunshots is either a Krush or a full combo.
Her normals are pretty stubby and her elbow string is easy to whiff punish in between strikes (and she has a Krush that encourages people to whiff it.)
She has better buttons up close but most of the cast does against Raiden so it's business as usual.
My mid screen to starting space gameplan of whiff punish & strike throw seems to work just fine.
So yeah, every time a Cassie beats me it's always the player that does it (or I beat myself by playing stupid). I never feel like it's the character that's oppressive. That probably changes a lot if you don't have an answer for mid gunshots, though?

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I respect the Cassie pick from the point of view of a Raiden main. Cassie's projectiles are high risk/reward because a teleport punish on her gunshots is either a Krush or a full combo.
Her normals are pretty stubby and her elbow string is easy to whiff punish in between strikes (and she has a Krush that encourages people to whiff it.)
She has better buttons up close but most of the cast does against Raiden so it's business as usual.
My mid screen to starting space gameplan of whiff punish & strike throw seems to work just fine.
So yeah, every time a Cassie beats me it's always the player that does it (or I beat myself by playing stupid). I never feel like it's the character that's oppressive. That probably changes a lot if you don't have an answer for mid gunshots, though?
Yeah that's true I've fought a good Raiden and it was a hella close match.

Any character that has a teleport or good projectiles will be able to counter her. I think Johnny is really unfortunate in this whole thing because she can just duck them, doesn't even need low gunshot to go under them. Geras and Cetrion I believe both have attacks that can punish it even from a long-range (tendrils grab and sand trap). Sub-zero in DoW can enhance ice ball and eat her projectile. Lots of counters for that, but if they don't have the tool to beat it then yeah it's hella annoying for them.

Raiden Cassie mu is 5-5 imo

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
I usually side with you on most things but Geras is not as fucked up broken as MK9 Kabal, difficulty or no.

That’s a grand stretch...

He may be braindead but he’s not fucked up like that, there’s a difference between overtuned and BROKEN.
Yea but Kabal in mk9 was by no means easy to master and play at a high level. Whenever I’d play an amazing kabal in mk9 who was doing 1 inch off the ground gas blasts and frame perfect standing 2 nd cancels and fucking me up, I at least found solace in the fact that my opponent was probably getting hand tumors from how fast his fingers had to be moving

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Yeah that's true I've fought a good Raiden and it was a hella close match.

Any character that has a teleport or good projectiles will be able to counter her. I think Johnny is really unfortunate in this whole thing because she can just duck them, doesn't even need low gunshot to go under them. Geras and Cetrion I believe both have attacks that can punish it even from a long-range (tendrils grab and sand trap). Sub-zero in DoW can enhance ice ball and eat her projectile. Lots of counters for that, but if they don't have the tool to beat it then yeah it's hella annoying for them.
Lol no no no no. Just no. “Any one with a good teleport can counter her” this is the epitome of scrubby post and is a perfect example of why I put Cassie on the list and shows how Cassie players freak out when their default brain dead just pew pew game plan is slightly altered.

So kollector/ Raiden just teleported behind you. So what.. adjust to that. Cassie still has way better up close to mid buttons than these teleporting characters. Like cmon man. Just stop downplaying this character.

Usually I'd say Sub-Zero, because I'm a total scrub and I play him (sometimes in a ways I feel ashamed to do), but not today.
I got five Searing Rage Scorpions in KL today and they just kept doing the same thing over and over. One guy was a full rank above me (Master) and he seemed very confused. On the second match I did forward throw on him five times in a row and he didn't even try to tech it. It felt surreal.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Lol no no no no. Just no. “Any one with a good teleport can counter her” this is the epitome of scrubby post and is a perfect example of why I put Cassie on the list and shows how Cassie players freak out when their default brain dead just pew pew game plan is slightly altered.

So kollector/ Raiden just teleported behind you. So what.. adjust to that. Cassie still has way better up close to mid buttons than these teleporting characters. Like cmon man. Just stop downplaying this character.
Bruh are you serious? Gunshot is punishable and if I do it at long range and then they teleport, they're gonna punish my ass or at least avoid the projectile and be able to pressure. You sir, are the definition of a salty scrub.

My God, help this man.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man

We do adjust, by not just relying on the gunshot to maintain space. With the recovery on it, if the opponent dodges it or blocks at a close enough range, we're eating a full combo. It's not as big of a crutch as you think; if you can't deal with the gunshot, we're just gonna keep doing it until you find a way to deal with it since it's been working.

Last edited:

Agilaz

It has begun
Honestly, Geras takes the cake. It's unbelievable how anybody at NRS saw this character and thought he was fine.

If you get a life lead over Geras, it's actually in Geras' favour to just hang back and fish for that braindead, single input KB off an unreactable low.

It's stupid and honestly, ruins the game for me. Yeah, I'll work my ass off to open you up for a measly 300 while you do more than that with a single fucking move.

ZeroSymbolic

Social Justice Barbarian
Go online, body somebody badly, they switch to Scorpion. Game is even or in their favor now because he bypasses so much. To beat Scorpion you have to be about twice as good as the Scorpion player. A 6 year old can win half the matches with that character if you teach them 5 minutes of what to do and where on screen to do it. His character Icon should be bicycle with training wheels on it.

More complicated answer: The premise of Mortal Kombat 11, we were told was to create this game that was neutral heavy, and lower damage, so that it had more exchanges and win conditions were more about making reads than gimmickry. For the most part they succeed in this, but then they built like 4-5 characters that just absolutely bypass this whole design. The commonality of all the S-Tier characters in this game is that they can bypass neutral, or dominate it. That is that they play by fundamentally different set of rules than the rest of the cast.
If you are playing as one of these characters the game feels fair and right, but if you aren't they feel just busted as shit. They play a different game.

On a separate note, saw Cetrion mentioned a couple times but with no real explanation. I'd like to hear some reasoning behind that, cause the character has slow start up and long recovery on a lot of things, doesn't output a lot of damage, and doesn't have the by-pass neutral effect that the top tiers do. I don't forsee a casual player picking her up and having much success. She's powerful but you have to put in work to do it, and she flat out requires Jedi reads sometimes.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
lul she really doesn't. I listed all that you can do against her and no one replied on that status, so you know, lab bruh. or get these free nut massages. :REO
Yes, we all saw the minor list of what to do against her. I lab her plenty. My training partner her mains her. She plays herself. B24 and F4 are ridiculous. Never needs to spend meter to set up anything so she can always EX up kick and be 0 on block. Auto play.

Wigy

There it is...
1: erron
2: scorpion
3: Liu Kang

Erron can't be zoned, can zone. F4 is fucking stupid and unpunishable. Mashable pokes. B222 is an all purpose super string, so mindless. Fatal blow is easily top 3 scrubbiest moves in the game.

Scorpion- teleport

Liu Kang. Stagger f44u3, you're good to go. Good zoning. D2 is obnoxious and he does this stupid limbo stance on recovery.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Yes, we all saw the minor list of what to do against her. I lab her plenty. My training partner her mains her. She plays herself. B24 and F4 are ridiculous. Never needs to spend meter to set up anything so she can always EX up kick and be 0 on block. Auto play.
B24 can be whiff punished so hard dude, that 4 is stubby as hell, but F4 is ridiculous tho. She needs to spend meter to be 0 on block with the glow kick. You can't 'auto play her' especially if you're hitting her combos.

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
B24 can be whiff punished so hard dude, that 4 is stubby as hell, but F4 is ridiculous tho. She needs to spend meter to be 0 on block with the glow kick. You can't 'auto play her' especially if you're hitting her combos.
Im PROMISING you, Under The Mayo knows their shit. B2 isnt stubby, the 4 may be, but dont let b2 whiff like you do. Problem solved. Idk if I agree with Cassie being braindead, but she is a character that never HAS to take a risk, which I find to be bullshit.