Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Liu Kang

Votes: 23 8.2%
  • Erron black

Votes: 45 16.0%

• Total voters

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I gotta go with Subzero. I feel like every online SZ starts out with the same string cancelled in to MB slide then they start throwing never ending ice balls till u jump. THen they run up with that overhead thing with the axes. Once you block that its. slide. followed by a run up grab. Followed by a slide - followed by the ice- followed by the OH.
Cracks me up how they all seem to play the same.
They literally have 2 special moves... good luck playing much differently :p

That said, I couldn't decide between Scorpion and Sonya. Thus I chose Sonya because I assumed Scorpion would have 10381450 votes. Seems I was correct. lol

I guess I think of the word "scrubby" differently. To me, the scrubbiest character is any character that is being played while the player is complaining about Scorpion's teleport, their opponent projectile or D1 "spamming", or Erron's dropkick. That character is especially scrubby if the person playing the character is threatening to stop playing the game because those factors are ruining the experience and this wouldn't be a problem if NRS hadn't rushed the game out the door.

If you mean the easiest character for casual players to pick up and not constantly lose, probably Scorpion.

D

Deleted member 35141

Today I was bored and did a random select and it landed on erron and was able to win without knowing his strings or frames. Now I understand why some people are able to win with him so much.
So I decided to learn this character and still winning 75% of my matches.

Do I feel like a scrub using him? Yes but after playing and winning with Johnny for like 700 matches I'm ok getting some easy wins.
He is brain dead but damn does 21212 string fatigue my damn fingers.

Eh SnOwY

PC FGC
I gotta go with Subzero. I feel like every online SZ starts out with the same string cancelled in to MB slide then they start throwing never ending ice balls till u jump. THen they run up with that overhead thing with the axes. Once you block that its. slide. followed by a run up grab. Followed by a slide - followed by the ice- followed by the OH.

omg so accurate

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
It's between Sub-Zero and Sonya for me. Scorpion is as dumb as they come, but at least he needs to stagger his options. The other 2 just need to guess their coin toss and that's it.

Dou you know that's all he has though? Everyone plays the same because this is all Subzero has to offer. He has a very poor arsenal of specials and strings.

Subzero is boring simple, but not braindead. You can't gimmick out wins with him. If you guys can't block his OH axes, it's your problem.

Sorry if I come aggressive, but I get constantly trash talked online because of subzero, a character I use since MK1.

Edit: Voted for Erron. As someone said, you stop playing the game when he has FB available... Among other things.

Last edited:
Well, undoubtedly Scorpion if we're going by whose stupid shit is abused the most, but in terms of their movesets I think Erron Black is the most braindead character in the game. He can 50/50 you almost from full-screen which is made so much worse by the fact that his overhead option is safe, can be enhanced into a low and nets him a killing blow under certain circumstances. He also doesn't give a ** about your projectiles and can cancel his **ing dual-overhead string for free. Thought you won the game? Cute, but he has a killing blow which means you can't do shit but sit there and wait for him to mix you up with 50/50s.

That is to say "most braindead" – not most unbalanced. Because that award would go to Scorpion, who turns the entire screen into a guessing game in his favor. Although the treshold for utilizing this at least requires a bit more skill than being able to press f4 and L2+R2 on your controller. Just barely, though.

Both of these characters (and a few others) really testament to NRS's incompetence. "Gais, were making a game thats all about neutrual!! also, no 50/50!!1" (Proceeds to design Scorpion, Erron Black and Sonya.)

Last edited:

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Scorpion is more of his community pretending that they actually play neutral. Really a scrubby character though. There's a reason why almost everyone can play a "pocket Scorpion" effectively. #2 for me. Erron gets honorable mention.

Geras is #1 though. He's doing multiple one move buttons into 29-32% KBs, a body splash that with perfect defensive timing you cannot AA, 50/50s that lead to 14% or KB OH, 6F D1 that's so safe you can machine gun it if some MUs aren't frame perfect, terribly designed special moves (low sand trap with KB NRS please), literal half screen mid command grab, literal throw loops, U2 better than half the rosters U2 combined, absurd Fatal Blow, etc.

Could go on forever. I stand by Geras being NRS's most dumb AF non dlc top tier character ever. As broken as Kabal and Quan were, they took skill and a level of character understanding. Geras you just need to understand the game itself enough, and the character does the rest.
I usually side with you on most things but Geras is not as fucked up broken as MK9 Kabal, difficulty or no.

That’s a grand stretch...

He may be braindead but he’s not fucked up like that, there’s a difference between overtuned and BROKEN.

52 Kard Pickup Erron- he has two strings with multiple OHs in them, that he can make safe with Scud, and can do slide giving you a 25% chance of guessing right each time you block. Always at disadvantage.
Exactly! And the weird part is I rarely see people even acknowledging the sick ****ing fact that his string has two overheads in a row, with the ability to substitute both of the hits with a low.

Gaxkang

Banned
Dou you know that's all he has though? Everyone plays the same because this is all Subzero has to offer. He has a very poor arsenal of specials and strings.

Subzero is boring simple, but not braindead. You can't gimmick out wins with him. If you guys can't block his OH axes, it's your problem.

Sorry if I come aggressive, but I get constantly trash talked online because of subzero, a character I use since MK1.

Edit: Voted for Erron. As someone said, you stop playing the game when he has FB available... Among other things.
The problems folks have with Sub have to do with the online, I'd suggest. It can be difficult to block his overhead on reaction and he's got options once you do. He can do overhead string, which is actually punishable with a string...uncommon in MK11. Or he will overhead slide, and if he does one's input will not get there in time (when I played Sub for a time, this worked lots on people). Or he can just do an overhead, which is awfully safe...and while the other person is hugging the ground in fear, hit throw.
But the opponent has to guess correctly what he will do and the inputs have to get there.

The slide on its own is unreactable at close or medium distance....but is actually pretty unreactable at max distance too, due to input getting there late.

The krushing blow off amplified slides tho, heh, by that account Kano should get krushing blow on Kano ball.

Erron Black has so many overpowered issues...but yeah his Fatal Blow shuts the game down. I once was at end of fight with an Erron Black, both of us had low health and were full screen apart. All I could do was crouch, petrified to do anything.

The problems folks have with Sub have to do with the online, I'd suggest. It can be difficult to block his overhead on reaction and he's got options once you do. He can do overhead string, which is actually punishable with a string...uncommon in MK11. Or he will overhead slide, and if he does one's input will not get there in time (when I played Sub for a time, this worked lots on people). Or he can just do an overhead, which is awfully safe...and while the other person is hugging the ground in fear, hit throw.
But the opponent has to guess correctly what he will do and the inputs have to get there.

The slide on its own is unreactable at close or medium distance....but is actually pretty unreactable at max distance too, due to input getting there late.

The krushing blow off amplified slides tho, heh, by that account Kano should get krushing blow on Kano ball.

Erron Black has so many overpowered issues...but yeah his Fatal Blow shuts the game down. I once was at end of fight with an Erron Black, both of us had low health and were full screen apart. All I could do was crouch, petrified to do anything.
All your points are legit. But, I insist. If you know the matchup, you can shut him down. The same goes for Scorpion. They are less dangerous /braindead than the community thinks of them.

DrFolmer

AKA Uncle Kano
Erron Black free. He's the "I wanna play as a scrub, but it should be a viable strat at highest level. Erron you say? 50/50's? Meterless launchers off easy hit confirmable strings? Dominates neutral with no effort? Safe on everything? k thx man"

Last edited:

Gaxkang

Banned
That overhead does 2% damage, is -7 on block, and -3 on hit. No one is doing that.
They will if the opponent is so afraid of the slide that they are blocking low. And they will be fearful. Overhead slide blows a lot of folks up.

And it's -6 on block. So for instance when Kano blocks it, his D1 is 7 frames I believe...and it's online anyways heh, the Sub ain't got much to fear I'd say.

Plus the opponent may just be shocked briefly that only the overhead was done. :eek:

Gaxkang

Banned
All your points are legit. But, I insist. If you know the matchup, you can shut him down. The same goes for Scorpion. They are less dangerous /braindead than the community thinks of them.
Online I think a big helping of luck, or a great counterpick helps better assure a win.

A Sub or Scorpion who makes big mistakes or is too predictable with slide or teleport can be easy to take down, but if they are smart enough...tough going.

And what can be beatable with work can sometimes wipe ya out without the same effort.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
They will if the opponent is so afraid of the slide that they are blocking low. And they will be fearful. Overhead slide blows a lot of folks up.

And it's -6 on block. So for instance when Kano blocks it, his D1 is 7 frames I believe...and it's online anyways heh, the Sub ain't got much to fear I'd say.

Plus the opponent may just be shocked briefly that only the overhead was done. :eek:
F2 slide is good. F2 on its own literally does nothing. No one in the world would risk going for a 19f move for 2% damage and be -3 on hit.

Theory fighting is bad.