What's new

Discussion Screw Injustice 2. Release more content for MKX.

ShaolinChuan

LEARN FROM THIS
If a game as bad as some critics claim SFV is, it will be getting more support until 2020. Will probably have a larger roster than USF4 with 44 characters. I agree it was a terrible launch, but is a great game now with Season 1 done, and most of the modes that should have been there from launch are there now. Still no arcade mode, wtf? hoping it gets announced at playstation experience.

Anyway this topic isn't about SFV, my point is MKX had an excellent release, full with ton of content, was the best selling fighting game for 2015 and still kicking strong. KP1 & 2 sold like crazy I'm sure. NRS knows damn well we want continued support. Despite its flaws, MKX is an excellent platform to build on. I wish they kept supporting the game for the next couple years after Injustice 2 is released and while working on MK11. I'd rather have MK11 come out much later than what's to be expected.

Riot Frenzy

Acidic Reptile
I honestly feel like mkx can pull off one more combo pack to keep the game alive until 2018. I think companies are learning spreading dlc out over longer periods of time is keeping their games alive and active versus monthly content

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
What does taken seriously even mean? We are at evo. We are at majors. We have online leagues and enormous pot bonuses. What else is there besides more players and more events?
It is the transient nature. MvC3 is in its 6 year at evo. SFV is just starting but expect it to run well into mid to late 2020's. No one is saying that the MKx "pro" scene is not well supported, and artificially boosted by corporate sponsorship. . this is a good thing WB and NRS are doing... but it is unreasonable to expect a devoted and large competitive scene when by the time people learn and adapt to the game, it is abandoned. MKx is not even remotely fully explored right now for example.. and it already winding down.

KiD INsAnitY

Z of The Leaf -Team R.A.N
I don't take inj seriously at all, I agree.. "Community"is too small to keep both games alive Iguess.. gotta wait out this whole INJ2 era :oops::mad:.. Would much rather see MKX thrive longer

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
It is the transient nature. MvC3 is in its 6 year at evo. SFV is just starting but expect it to run well into mid to late 2020's. No one is saying that the MKx "pro" scene is not well supported, and artificially boosted by corporate sponsorship. . this is a good thing WB and NRS are doing... but it is unreasonable to expect a devoted and large competitive scene when by the time people learn and adapt to the game, it is abandoned. MKx is not even remotely fully explored right now for example.. and it already winding down.
Well then play the game lol.

NRS is releasing a game that generally plays nothing like MKX. People are going to stick around to play MKX until they grow sick of it. We had MK9 as a side tournament at EVO in 2014 because people wanted to keep playing, and it would pop up at majors.

This community needs to understand that you don't have to drop a game to play another. If people still want to play a certain game, keep playing it. Dev support shouldn't even impact that. People still play 20 year old games that haven't been updated since their first year, soooooo.

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
. A few points. NRS is owned by WB. So WB can basically say okay time to make another game forget the last one. NRS would have to just accept it. Some people said injustice 1 died quickly. it didnt. we didnt need 10K pots to have good turnouts. the community traveled for nothing cause they enjoyed the game. MKX people wont even bother to travel for a 2K pot bonus event. So what does that say about this game and the community. If you like the game enter online events, enter offline events. we have kombat kup which is free so enter it to show support. Typing crap on a keyboard is zero support like most people on this site does. Even though i dont play mkx anymore i still go to my local scene to support. If aquaman needed help with his online thing i would gladly help. along with other people of the community.
#woowoo

ShaolinChuan

LEARN FROM THIS
Anyone still remember the tweet from Ed that read something along the lines of:

"People think Injustice 2 killed KP3 ;)"

Not sure if those were the exact words but he replied that to someone else shortly after Inj2 was shown off at E3.

In the back of my mind, that gives me very little hope that they were already far in planning and development of KP3, but may have been postponed to focus all their energy on Inj. 2.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
i dont get how its so hard to make some minor frame data/hitbox changes.... like that surely cant be a huge drain on resources and it helps the community and they actually give a shit

just gotta pray injustice 2 isnt as horrific as the first. that game was unplayable and unwatchable.
Hmm...

I find it ironic that "unwatchable" Injustice provided:

1) The strongest combination of local to national tournaments we've ever seen, with up to about 6 regular streams at one point

2) Some of the hypest and most memorable in-game moments of any game so far

There's still plenty of 'remember when this happed', and we have the Year of Injustice video (and an Injustice family t-shirt) to commemorate it. It was one of the craziest and most memorable runs we've had yet.

Last edited:

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
i'll just say what most of us on this site feel in the back of our minds

get out mk bums this is injustice time see you in 2025 after ultra super injustice edition has its 10th evo and we all reluctantly move on to mk11 because the free pot bonuses for injustice vets beating mk scrubs just like in mkx lul

trufenix

bye felicia
There's still plenty of 'remember when this happed', and we have the Year of Injustice video (and an Injustice family t-shirt) to commemorate it. It was one of the craziest and most memorable runs we've had yet.
Is there a term like Rose tinted glasses for when you remember it way worse than it was?

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Hmm...

I find it ironic that "unwatchable" Injustice provided:

1) The strongest combination of local to national tournaments we've ever seen, with up to about 6 regular streams at one point

2) Some of the hypest and most memorable in-game moments of any game so far

I think that it all opinion..

I am not sure anyone can seriously say that MKx doesn't have the strongest competitive scene of any NRS game ever. There are more comps, more money, more player etc etc than ANY other NRS game. The events are bigger, the stakes are bigger and there are a lot more than "6" streams even now...

Also, as far as "hypest games".. agian... I think there is some nostalgia blinkers on here. Madziin in ESl vs that Russian had some amazing matches, we had the Forever king vs Woundcowboy thing that was hype as all hell and was for weeks. We had last evo with Sonic getting knocked to loosers and TekkenMaster taking it to game 9... I could go on and on and on... MKx has the hype, and the hype is real, at least for me.

There is not even something to consider here imo.. injustice is a pale comparison ot the competitive and hype of MKx... While I respect your opinion, as everyone has their own personal tastes, I simply disagree with you so strongly, that I can not help but think you must be kinda crazy : )

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I think that it all opinion..

I am not sure anyone can seriously say that MKx doesn't have the strongest competitive scene of any NRS game ever. There are more comps, more money, more player etc etc than ANY other NRS game. The events are bigger, the stakes are bigger and there are a lot more than "6" streams even now...

Also, as far as "hypest games".. agian... I think there is some nostalgia blinkers on here. Madziin in ESl vs that Russian had some amazing matches, we had the Forever king vs Woundcowboy thing that was hype as all hell and was for weeks. We had last evo with Sonic getting knocked to loosers and TekkenMaster taking it to game 9... I could go on and on and on... MKx has the hype, and the hype is real, at least for me.

There is not even something to consider here imo.. injustice is a pale comparison ot the competitive and hype of MKx... While I respect your opinion, as everyone has their own personal tastes, I simply disagree with you so strongly, that I can not help but think you must be kinda crazy : )
I think MKX has done well for itself. It's been a different ride, and unique in the level of support that w've gotten from NRS/WB, which is great.

However, I think that you are confusing pot bonuses with the strength of the scene itself.

There is no doubt that the actual lifeblood of the scene from all regions of the country hit a peak in Injustice. It was strong enough that we didn't even need the constant influx of cash, sponsored online tournaments, or MLG in order to foster a scene in which each region worked together to be the strongest it could be.

Atlanta was scrimming together and training every week, streaming their locals, and they wanted to be the best. When a tournament came through their home city, they wanted to defend their turf, and they took this personally. So did the WNF crew.. And GGA.. And the Break.. Texas to an extent, and NorCal. SOVA/NC, etc., everyone wanted to make waves and it was personal. True heels and drama that was cosummated at every major.

It was far more than just "who's the best player". If SoCal sent 5 guys up to the Northeast, it was going to be a showdown, and they wanted to see which region was best, learn from each other, and have bragging rights until the scenes met again. If GGA sent 5 guys to Atlanta, same deal.. It was a matter of both local and national pride. And we were going to hear about the results and drama on both regions' weekly streams + additional podcasts the following week.

Imo just like Smash Bros, the true strength of your scene is shown when it has to support *itself*. And the INJ community did that in spades.

I think we take this for granted now that there's so much external support. The system now is doing a great job of supporting the 12 players at the top; but we still have a lot of room to grow a larger competitive base of excitement again on our own.

Last edited:

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
I think MKX has done well for itself. It's been a different ride, and unique in the level of support that w've gotten from NRS/WB, which is great.

However, I think that you are confusing pot bonuses with the strength of the scene itself.

There is no doubt that the actual lifeblood of the scene from all regions of the country hit a peak in Injustice. It was strong enough that we didn't even need the constant influx of cash, or MLG, in order to foster a scene in which each region worked together to be the strongest it could be.

Atlanta was scrimming together and training every week, streaming their locals, and they wanted to be the best. When a tournament came through their home city, they wanted to defend their turf, and they took this personally. So did the WNF crew.. And GGA.. And the break.. Texas to an extent, and NorCal. SOVA/NC, etc., everyone wanted to make waves and it was personal. True heels and drama that was cosummated at every major.

It was far more than just "who's the best player". If SoCal sent 5 guys up to the Northeast, it was going to be a showdown, and they wanted to see which region was best, learn from each other, and have bragging rights until the scenes met again. If GGA sent 5 guys to Atlanta, same deal.. It was a matter of both local and national pride. And we were going to hear about the results on both regions' weekly streams + additional podcasts the following week.

Imo just like Smash Bros, the true strength of your scene is shown when it has to support *itself*. And the INJ community did that in spades.

I think we take this for granted now that there's so much external support. The system now is doing a great job of supporting the 12 players at the top; but we still have a lot of room to grow a larger competitive base if excitement again on our own.
MKX's scene is full of a top amount of players who are always placing and there is almost no beef. And any beef we have is just fucking lame. It's a bunch of children whining whenever there's beef. Injustice had the whining too but that wasn't literally all of the beef. Beef was settled with matches. It was explosive, a complete blood bath. It was hype.