What's new

Discussion Screw Injustice 2. Release more content for MKX.

Jay Rupp

Human Smoke or Riot
Is anyone else tired of the pattern?

1. A new NRS game drops
2. It receives support for about a year
3. One final "hail mary" patch gets released
4. The game dies before it should
5. Wait 6 months
6. Repeat

I'm tired of these god damn games dying before their 2nd Evo appearance. It's fucking insane. Look how long SFIV THRIVED with continuous balancing patches & content updates. There's really no excuse for a game like this to become obsolete after 2 years. So here we are again.....my favorite game is dying and will soon be replaced by some childish spandex brawler. Superb.

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
Its up to the community to keep the game alive. If you do nothing and just stay at home and never go to an event yes the game will die. MK9 got a revival on the East Coast during Inj1. Was getting decent numbers. A few small pot bonus's here and there. Even inj1 was played at a few events. People still entered. Like Sonic Fox, King, Slayer, Darth Arma. Etc. its up to the community. And a lot of people staying home and just saying shit on TYM won't help.

Last edited:

trufenix

bye felicia
even if we as the FGC stopped buying the game it wouldn't matter. We make up such a small percent of their actual sales.
they have thrown a grand total like 200 thousand dollars at MKX in pot bonuses alone. It would matter to someone at NRS / WB to know we're still putting their game in top billing on our comparatively small stages.

trufenix

bye felicia
Lets say the FGC as a whole bought roughly 10,000 copies of the game. Thats nothing compared to the millions of copies they sell to casuals.
I'm not saying we aren't small. I'm saying somebody (Actually a lot of somebodys, given capcom cup, esl, ki cup, and several other growing commercial fgc institutions) are paying attention in a big way to what the competitive scene does.

If we scratch their back, they will definitely scratch ours.

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
i wish they could co exist honestly. But it's up to the players to show when the game is dying out. I would get bored playing this for another whatever many months or years. It will get bland even with new characters