What's new

Discussion Screw Injustice 2. Release more content for MKX.

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
I disagree. MKX has been out for over 18 months now, which was plenty of time for me to play the game and enjoy it. Right now I'm interested in what Injustice 2 will look like, because at this point I'm pretty much MKX'd out.

I don't give a damn about injustice honestly so I'm biased, but I would love more support for mkx rather than the same creators ".helping" less people pay more attention to a different game than MKX. You might say what you will, but releasing another game a little time after another does hurt their own games. In the meantime I'll continue playing SF 5, until mk11 comes out. By that time SF 5 will have more characters,patches,etc.
*see what I did there?

shura30

Shura
To this date, no NRS game has ever died simply because another one came out.

Your point is null and void.
true to some extent
people want a breath of fresh air after dealing for 1.5 year with quanchi, tanya, alien and all the BS that's been in this game for so long

a patch like this last one is a warm welcome and maybe a sign of a change in pattern, who knows..they will surely put big money into igau2 as they did with mkx but changing the game mechanics like this would prove dumb if the game will be left for dead a few months from now

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace
Nobody said it huh? I'm gonna have to be the one to say it? MKX already had 2 EVO's lol. Also they're extending their support for each game as they progress. By this logic MKX shouldn't have had any patches this entire year. But we got a major patch along with DLC in March and another major patch in October. Also NEC is a major next month that NRS has given a 10K pot bonus to along with KIT which is in January. That's 2017 bud!

TheGangstaFace

Also for 2 NRS games to have an EVO is actually difficult. I believe they said they only have room for 8 fighting games? idr the exact number but I believe it was 8. Think of the competition. SFV and 4, Smash 4 and melee, Tekken 7, Guilty Gear, UMVC3, Injustice 2, Pokken, BlazBlue, DOA5, Skullgirls, KI, and Ik I'm probably forgetting others. I'm not saying it's impossible, just hard. Oh yeah KOF as well

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
This isn't going to happen. We will either get support for MKX into Injustice 2 or MKX will lose support. But as many in this thread have said, a lot of that is on us. Regardless of how good we all are, we are technically the competitive scene. We need to try and make an effort to show NRS that we are worth spending the extra money on.

Riot Frenzy

Acidic Reptile
Its definitely up to us to keep supporting the game in tourney. Adding a few cotumes to buy to gauge or support would be nice. I've been wanting a large costume throwback pack since launch.

Soul Caliber, Tekken, Mortal Kombat, and SF.
It will die if nobody play so what do you mean? MKX Isn't like GTA V. Giving more content (Characters, skin, etc) to mkx, gives more patches to fix; think about tremor, tanya, and alien.

Riot Frenzy

Acidic Reptile
It will die if nobody play so what do you mean? MKX Isn't like GTA V. Giving more content (Characters, skin, etc) to mkx, gives more patches to fix; think about tremor, tanya, and alien.
How do skins mean more balance patches?

RemainSolid

It don’t always be like it is... but it do.
I disagree. When I get bored of something I try to find something else to do and NRS has made that easy every time with a new game. I'm bored af of MKX. Bring on Injustice 2.

Also, if you want to play MK then play it. If you don't then don't.

trufenix

bye felicia
Nope. NRS should continue supporting MKX when I2 comes out. I'll still play MKX when I2 releases. I still play I1. I'll play all three games.
Unfortunately lots of people SAY that but at the end of the day, people would rather complain about Batgirl or MMH or Kabal and Cyrax than actually put some money down to travel or even host a tournament for a broken game. Look at what happened at Next Level, and that was one of the strongest scenes for Inj.

Maybe MKX will have longer legs since its netcode actually works, but this community just doesn't seem to be able to play two games concurrently without tearing itself apart.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
Mkx is butt cheeks. The people want I2. I dont care for injustice.

I want Mk9 backwards compatible with the new netcode.

And the previous titles updated and online, & I want it now!

TheGangstaFace

Blizzard is still releasing patches for Diablo 2 and you guys act like it's unreasonable to want a little bit longer for support on a game that's just over a year old. lol
Completely different. Different studio sizes, different plans from the bigger guys (WB for NRS and Activision for Blizzard), and there's probably still a fuck ton of people still playing Diablo 2. By the time I2 comes out, a lot of people could drop MK

Slymind

Noob
People should really stop with the urge to compare the longevity of NRS games with SF in the competitive scene.

SF and overall capcom games have been in the mainstream events since a long time(and they have Japan on top of that), MK was more of a niche that came to the spotlight with MK 2011, Injustice is a new franchise with one game released so far. Also, this "dead in a year" must stop, MK9 had 3 evos, Injustice had 2, MKX is still being played after 2 evos.

Not having the most entrants =/= from dead.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
They said more patches for mkx would come. However we don't know when they will drop nor the relevance of them.

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
The real answer is that it wouldn't matter because the non competitive players will have already moved on and the competitive players would just make up new reasons as to why the game is bad after every patch, with the mantra of "just one more patch" being a rallying cry to make up for their lack of skill. This has been proven since time immemorial