What's new

Screenshot of Killer Frost during PAX Stream - Confirmed!

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Here's the thing I'm noticing that makes me scratch my head about NRS's decision:

-People who are supporting this Frost inclusion seem to be like "oh cool, she's in".

-Many people who were supporting Cold seemed like truly avid fans of the character.

Now the people who never really cared anyways are like "stop complaining", and the people who had emotional stake in Cold are voicing their passion.
because what's done is done and it can't be changed, they won't be complaining when the game drops so it's kind of redundant at this point.

because what's done is done and it can't be changed, they won't be complaining when the game drops so it's kind of redundant at this point.
"I killed Joey."

"What?"

"I killed Joey. I stabbed him in the heart with a steak knife."

"YOU WHAT?!? I... I GOTTA CALL THE POLICE! YOU- YOU'RE A MURDERER!"

"Brah, calm down. What's done is done. It can't be changed."

:p

So how does everyone think she will play? Will she be another Sub-Zero?

I see her sharing similar freeze blast moves w/ Sub-Zero but also having other direct damage ice constructs as well, maybe ice shards and something similar to Sinestro's ground pillars. I think a character trait w/ an effect similar to Flash's trait would be cool...slow down the opponent.

NeverAsked4This

Sarif Industries: Private Security Officer
As I stated before:

Let's include The Flash, but let's not include a Flash villain...... ?

Let's not include Firestorm, but let's include a Firestorm villain..... ?

No sense AT ALL.
Well, in comparison to Firestorm, Killer Frost has at least 4 video game appearances under her belt, while Firestorm has maybe 1. Killer Frost is easily more popular than Firestorm in non-comic media. She's the most featured ice character in Justice League/Justice League Unlimited. What was Firestorm in? Not trying to be confrontational or anything, I legitimately don't know. All I remember is seeing him in one episode of Batman Brave and the Bold

Outside of comics, Killer Frost has gotten far more exposure than Firestorm. Plus, this is an NRS fighting game, and NRS fighting games need an ice character. Killer Frost fits that bill perfectly, since NRS already has experience designing an female ice-based villain that doesn't use some sort of freeze-ray gun (MK Frost). Now, who else would they use to fit the role of ice character? Mr Freeze sure wasn't gonna happen with all the Bat characters that are already in the game, and outside of the comics Captain Cold (sadly) just never really gets attention.

Killer Frost gets a pretty decent amount of attention outside the comics. She is like DC's go-to ice villain for the general DC universe as a whole. Sorry Captain Cold fans (and I'm genuinely sorry, not being sarcastic or anything). Sure Cold is big in the Flash comics, but Injustice: Gods Among Us isn't a comic, it's a video game and a huge part of Injustice's audience will be people who don't read comics and mostly know DC from non-comic media like cartoons and video games, which is where Frost trumps him. Captain Cold got that redesign in the comic, so maybe he still makes a non-playable appearance somewhere in the Mission Mode, or maybe even story mode. That would be better than nothing.

All that said, I'm pretty excited for Frost. I'm not really feeling the Killer Fro-hawk alt costume though. I'd really really want to see her get her Young Justice appearance as a DLC alt costume.

Heck, I'd even settle for Prison Jumpsuit Killer Frost from that one episode

I remember requesting Killer Frost and Raven when the game was first announced but I never really though they would have a chance make it in the game. I'm feeling pretty happy today.

tazzmission

Banned
meh i find frost and quinn really boring

big whop there chicks that give nerds boners fine w/e but there are other female charachters that are not only sexy but actually important enough in the dcu

this isn't a movie though, it's a game.
I know.

But what I'm saying is that, from a synergy standpoint, it makes more sense to give exposure to Cold.

He's a guy that DC needs to be popularized in the public eye. The Flash is one of their flagship characters. His villains need representation.

trufenix

bye felicia
And nobody "needs" to know how complacent you are with this decision.

But hey, look at those paragraphs you just wrote.

People that like this, speak up... People that don't like this, shut up? Nuh uh. Doesn't work like that.
Didn't know being negative just be negative is cool. My bad.

Here's the thing I'm noticing that makes me scratch my head about NRS's decision:

-People who are supporting this Frost inclusion seem to be like "oh cool, she's in".

-Many people who were supporting Cold seemed like truly avid fans of the character.

Now the people who never really cared anyways are like "stop complaining", and the people who had emotional stake in Cold are voicing their passion.
Let me clue you in...a year ago when.they announced the game, they already had there roster. It's irrelevant what people wanted what character. You are delusional if you think they just sat around computers, 12 months away from release researching which fans wanted what characters.

Remember guys, this is her alternate costume and the pic is kind of blurry as well. I can't really tell much about her outfit, even. I like what I can make out. Whoo hoo! Killer Frost.

EDIT: Also why are people still arguing about Frost vs Cold? Frost is in the game. She beat out Cold. It doesn't matter what you think. You lose. Cold is not in the game. Frost is. Nothing you say will change that.

Let me clue you in...a year ago when.they announced the game, they already had there roster. It's irrelevant what people wanted what character. You are delusional if you think they just sat around computers, 12 months away from release researching which fans wanted what characters.
You're delusional if you think I said that anywhere in my post.

But now that you bring it up, look at how much more Captain Cold is discussed on the internet IN GENERAL (including long before announcement of the game):

They could have researched this stuff. They have the resources.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
Couldn't agree more. There were way more people asking for Captain Cold than for freaking Killer Frost, plus, like you said, CC is a Flash villain so it would have made sense to include him, but no, let's put KF in, one of the lamest characters ever, just out of nowhere. Just why? Because it's another female?
And not just that, but let's get out MMH so we can sell it as DLC, obviously people will pay for him, who will pay for KF for DLC? We know very few.

Sasarix

"Heaven Will Fall!"
hopefully thats a very unfinished model of Killer Frost cause it looks retarded but then again Raven looks like crap too so maybe its the Injustice female theme

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
It's funny how ppl say she isn't relevant enough. But the only way to be relevant is to be given a shot. Otherwise it would the same Fucking characters for everything until the end of time. She could suck but you fan boy elitist need to calm the Hell down.
She could be relevant for the story but for sure she is not the most wanted in comparison to CC or MMH. NRS could make CC relevant but they chose KF.

DangerousBacon

Mechanical Engineering Bitch!
You're delusional if you think I said that anywhere in my post.

But now that you bring it up, look at how much more Captain Cold is discussed on the internet IN GENERAL (including long before announcement of the game):

They could have researched this stuff. They have the resources.

If you think that's credible or relevant than you're quite the delusional, amusing fellow. I'm sure NRS had their reasons for not including Captain Cold. Hell, he still has a high chance of being DLC so it's best not to dwell on this for too long.

EDIT: Also why are people still arguing about Frost vs Cold? Frost is in the game. She beat out Cold. It doesn't matter what you think. You lose. Cold is not in the game. Frost is. Nothing you say will change that.
No, I don't lose. Nobody loses. NRS will still have my sale, and I'm getting a great game.

But I do indeed feel the right to express my disapproval of this decision. Even if it doesn't affect this game, our collective voice can have an effect on the sequel. :)

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Get your head out of your ass.
No one here knows Killer Frost beside her two appearances in the animated shows and no one cares about her.
I'm pretty damn sure there are more people out there who would care about Captain Cold as a character, instead of having a pair of boobs more with Killer Frost in this game.
Y hello thar.

Remember when they were all like "characters were chosen for their popularity or their obscurity" and everyone was all "WAAAAAH WURZ DAH OBZCURITY!?"

Well here you go.

And I'd wager that people don't give a shit about Captain Cold and Killer Frost equally.

Like I've said before, I've seen you make good points before and I don't really dislike you as much as I dislike some other people here, but we're like three weeks away from launch so you need to suck it up and do that DEUTSCHER SEI STOLZ thing or just take your ball and go home.

Because no one cares and this isn't a big deal.

If you think that's credible or relevant than you're quite the delusional, amusing fellow. I'm sure NRS had their reasons for not including Captain Cold. Hell, he still has a high chance of being DLC so it's best not to dwell on this for too long.
You're taking this out of context. Look at the other guy's post.

He was saying "They already made their decision when they made the first trailer". He was claiming that our pleas for Cold's inclusion wouldn't have made a difference.

I was clarifying that people in general, before this game came out, were talking more about Cold than Frost. If you go to the hardcore comics forums, you'll see this to be true.

I'm not claiming that Google battles are definitive proof. I just thought it would help get across that I was talking about the whole internet over years, not just this forum for the past year.

yeah maybe in the sequel they would put cold in. as dlc i don't want cold to take a space because there are better choices now that killer frost is in.

NeverAsked4This

Sarif Industries: Private Security Officer
You know what's funny? Didn't Boon say his favorite comic book character was Flash? It's interesting that he didn't choose Captain Cold over Killer Frost just on personal bias alone. Although I've heard a few rumors that he doesn't like Flash's villains or something.

But yeah, I'm pretty happy Killer Frost actually made it in the game instead. Sorry Captain Cold fans, seriously. I genuinely think it sucks that Cold gets so little love outside the comics. I think Cold deserves far more respect/attention than he gets and I think he would have made a fine addition to this game. So many people trash talk him and its uncalled for. He's easily a great character and seriously underrated.

I'm still curious why they redesigned so much him in the Injustice comic if he wasn't gonna be in this game. Like I said before, maybe he will make a non-playable appearance somewhere in Injustice. That would be pretty cool imo. Not the best, but it's something.

Looking at how much attention Captain Cold is getting at the moment, I would bet that NRS is really surprised to see how strong his fanbase really is. So maybe, just maybe, they might look at the fan response and decide to make him a DLC character some time in the future. It's definitely a possibility.

It's also worth noting that a "Flash" movie with Cold as the villain is faaaaaaarrrr more likely to happen than a "Firestorm" movie or anything else with Frost as the villlain. If we want a DC movie universe like Marvel's, people need to get exposed to a character like Cold. This game could have been it.

I understand you guys are upset that a lesser character made it in over a supposedly well known character.

But the lesser characters will never be able to grow into something "less lame" if they ALWAYS take the back seat, and never make it into a serious plot.

Again I understand your concern, and why you're upset. You should definitely voice your opinion so you can sort of fight for "what you think is right"

But at the same token. that's how I see it. A character can't grow if they don't get screen time.