What's new

Screenshot of Killer Frost during PAX Stream - Confirmed!

He said, stirring memories of the vast array of other successful DC Comics video games. Years from now, he would reflect on this moment in sadness, knowing full well that if NRS had only selected Captain Cold instead of Killer Frost, the great calamity could have been averted.
You're so funny.

Seems I'm not allowed to point out a bad decision without being targeted as a crazy person.

DangerousBacon

Mechanical Engineering Bitch!
My problem is: that particular obscure character is the replacement for a very beloved super villain from DC comics .. Captain Cold who would have been a villain for the Flash, one of the most recognizable super heroes in the DC universe.
In this game we get Shazam and one of his villains Black Adam who has exactly the same power set, even though it was said they wouldn't waste slots on clones of already existing characters. Yes, they did make Black Adam play differently and that's the least they could have done, but why did Doomsday have to be in the game for example? Right now he looks like shit, let's be honest here ... And Flash is still villainless.

In my opinion Killer Frost was a bad decision. As an obscure character, because even though she is one, Captain Cold is one as well and when it comes to marketing, he is the better pick anyway.
Breasts? Kick out Doomsday and put in Circe and you have your tits.
Captain Cold one of the most recognizable villains in DC history? Maybe to comic book readers, but to everyone else? NOPE.avi. I guarantee you if you ask people to name DCU villains then they would name characters mostly from Batman and Superman. Most would probably not know that Flash even had villains of his own. The same goes for Wonder Woman.

You're upset that Captain Cold didn't get in and that's understandable. But show a little more maturity rather than just bashing Killer Frost. She's in the game, Captain Cold isn't, end of story.

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
Remember when this website was about fighting games? I don't.
Hopefully they'll be given a bigger timeblock on Sunday tomorrow.

More time spent recording casuals = more gameplay to look at and analyse.

What's going on on the forums right now is largely a result of simply lack of gameplay to talk about, despite the fact that we're obviously a really excited bunch that want to talk about Injustice, so people latch onto whatever discussion they can manage.

Look at us, squeezing every little thing from anything we get about the game. We're hungry. I just wannna sit down and watch some match vids but NRS won't let me :(

You're upset that Captain Cold didn't get in and that's understandable. But show a little more maturity rather than just bashing Killer Frost. She's in the game, Captain Cold isn't, end of story.
You don't get my point.

I say that Captain Cold is the cooler and more likeable character. He means more to the DC universe, he is more relevant than Killer Frost and he there would have been the chance that he would be more relevant to the story of this game as well, but that is clearly objective.
On the other hand, if there was a ice based character in this game with the potential to make people more interested in them and to actually buy comics and read them ... even if it were only 10 people - it would have been Captain Cold to attract these people to comic books and they would have been able to get some of his stuff, while Killer Frost wasn't relevant in a decade.

Neclord

Noob
You don't get my point.

I say that Captain Cold is the cooler and more likeable character. He means more to the DC universe, he is more relevant than Killer Frost and he there would have been the chance that he would be more relevant to the story of this game as well, but that is clearly objective.
On the other hand, if there was a ice based character in this game with the potential to make people more interested in them and to actually buy comics and read them ... even if it were only 10 people - it would have been Captain Cold to attract these people to comic books and they would have been able to get some of his stuff, while Killer Frost wasn't relevant in a decade.
Cooler? He looks like a retarded eskimo?

Couldn't agree more. There were way more people asking for Captain Cold than for freaking Killer Frost, plus, like you said, CC is a Flash villain so it would have made sense to include him, but no, let's put KF in, one of the lamest characters ever, just out of nowhere. Just why? Because it's another female?
Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not exactly complaining, there are enough characters that I want to use and the only characters that I still want to see in the game are Lobo, MMH and Red Hood, but I just don't get it. Very weird decision to me.
for all we know CC and firestorm are DLC. who knows?

all i know is that looks just like storm's hair and that shit is awesome. :D

You don't get my point.

It's also worth noting that a "Flash" movie with Cold as the villain is faaaaaaarrrr more likely to happen than a "Firestorm" movie or anything else with Frost as the villlain. If we want a DC movie universe like Marvel's, people need to get exposed to a character like Cold. This game could have been it.

trufenix

bye felicia
You're so funny.

Seems I'm not allowed to point out a bad decision without being targeted as a crazy person.
Fine, hyperbole aside, explain how this is a bad decision. Explain ONE and I do mean one single bad thing that will happen as a result of this characters exclusion. Decrease in sales? Decrease in gameplay depth? Decrease in story quality? Decrease in opportunity to present cold based moves? Decrease in ANYTHING AT ALL?

Literally, give me one thing except a could of people getting butt hurt until the day they have the controller in their hands. A concept which is absolutely, utterly meaningless in the grand scheme of things.

You people act like characters just fall out of the sky, but if you and your friends came up with a list of 24 quote unquote necessary DC characters for a fighting game, then posted it on any website ever, people would flame. Period. NRS made a DC fighting game. They picked 24 characters they thought would make the best fighting game. That's it. That's the debate. If you really want a fighting game full of half baked characters the devs didn't want to make, go pick up a copy of MvC3 with the Thor that can't throw his hammer and the Ghost Rider who can't ride his motorcycle.

Instead of reminding the internet that you are a beautiful and unique snowflake with a distinct opinion that must not be silenced, why not develop a little compassion and faith in the people that make this game that looks so good and just latch onto the parts of the game you enjoy instead of contributing to the unending cacaphony of hate. We get it, you wanted someone else, just because you feel that way doesn't mean everyone else needs to know about it. Haters are in ABUNDANT supply.

DangerousBacon

Mechanical Engineering Bitch!
You don't get my point.

You can't necessarily say that Captain Cold would attract more comic book readers than Killer Frost. I also can't say that Killer Frost would attract more readers then Captain Cold.

Imagine a typical boy who has never touched a comic before.

Sees Captain Cold and thinks he just looks like some dude wearing a Parka who uses a freeze gun. Of course he's much more awesome than that but that's not the point. Killer Frost on the other hand has the sex appeal thing going for her which has proven to be effective at drawing people in.

Jack White

The Clown Prince of Crime
Nothing tastes better than ice, cold, tears.

Just because Frost isn't a big name, or popular character (neither is Cold btw), doesn't mean she doesn't at least deserve a chance.

And for the people acting like Cold is a better/more likable character as if it's a fact are dead wrong. I am personally not a fan of Cold for many reasons:

*His crimes are boring and have no imagination or substance. It's just steal this, kill people only if necessary. As a criminal, he's like the opposite of Joker.
*I don't like either of his designs.
*The Rogues all look ridiculous and their powers and skills (save a few) are equally goofy.
*He has one of those idiotic honor codes where you can't ever kill women during your jobs as if it were more morally acceptable to kill innocent men. He also has a bunch of other hypocritical little rules that annoy the shit out of me.
*He killed a Flash by ganging up on him with a bunch of other hired cronies and felt bad about it afterwards. Something about all that just seems pathetic.

I have a bunch of other reasons but you get the picture. I would take a real threat to the world like Killer Frost over a petty thief any day, and that's my opinion. It is no less valid than those who wanted Cold.

Fine, hyperbole aside, explain how this is a bad decision. Explain ONE and I do mean one single bad thing that will happen as a result of this characters exclusion. Decrease in sales? Decrease in gameplay depth? Decrease in story quality? Decrease in opportunity to present cold based moves? Decrease in ANYTHING AT ALL?

Literally, give me one thing except a could of people getting butt hurt until the day they have the controller in their hands. A concept which is absolutely, utterly meaningless in the grand scheme of things.

You people act like characters just fall out of the sky, but if you and your friends came up with a list of 24 quote unquote necessary DC characters for a fighting game, then posted it on any website ever, people would flame. Period. NRS made a DC fighting game. They picked 24 characters they thought would make the best fighting game. That's it. That's the debate. If you really want a fighting game full of half baked characters the devs didn't want to make, go pick up a copy of MvC3 with the Thor that can't throw his hammer and the Ghost Rider who can't ride his motorcycle.

Instead of reminding the internet that you are a beautiful and unique snowflake with a distinct opinion that must not be silenced, why not develop a little compassion and faith in the people that make this game that looks so good and just latch onto the parts of the game you enjoy instead of contributing to the unending cacaphony of hate. We get it, you wanted someone else, just because you feel that way doesn't mean everyone else needs to know about it. Haters are in ABUNDANT supply.
And nobody "needs" to know how complacent you are with this decision.

But hey, look at those paragraphs you just wrote.

People that like this, speak up... People that don't like this, shut up? Nuh uh. Doesn't work like that.

Nothing tastes better than ice, cold, tears.

Just because Frost isn't a big name, or popular character (neither is Cold btw), doesn't mean she doesn't at least deserve a chance.

And for the people acting like Cold is a better/more likable character as if it's a fact are dead wrong. I am personally not a fan of Cold for many reasons:

*His crimes are boring and have no imagination or substance. It's just steal this, kill people only if necessary. As a criminal, he's like the opposite of Joker.
*I don't like either of his designs.
*The Rogues all look ridiculous and their powers and skills (save a few) are equally goofy.
*He has one of those idiotic honor codes where you can't ever kill women during your jobs as if it were more morally acceptable to kill innocent men. He also has a bunch of other hypocritical little rules that annoy the shit out of me.
*He killed a by ganging up on him with a bunch of other hired cronies Flash and felt bad about it afterwards. Something about all that just seems pathetic.

I have a bunch of other reasons but you get the picture. I would take a real threat to the world like Killer Frost over a petty thief any day, and that's my opinion. It is no less valid than those who wanted Cold.
Those quirks make the character interesting.

Tell me the unique things about Killer Frost.

It's funny how ppl say she isn't relevant enough. But the only way to be relevant is to be given a shot. Otherwise it would the same Fucking characters for everything until the end of time. She could suck but you fan boy elitist need to calm the Hell down.
It's not simply that she's not relevant.

It's that Captain Cold is more relevant to DC comics fans, and that he has more potential relevance since he very well could be the villain in a Flash movie.

Courtney

Burn in my Light
It's also worth noting that a "Flash" movie with Cold as the villain is faaaaaaarrrr more likely to happen than a "Firestorm" movie or anything else with Frost as the villlain. If we want a DC movie universe like Marvel's, people need to get exposed to a character like Cold. This game could have been it.
Frost vs Cold aside, don't you think Mirror Master would be OD has a movie Villain?! I mean we already did the Ice Gun thing his power set would be awesome on the big screen and he could better tie into to Justice League films
#MirrorMaster for DLC

Jack White

The Clown Prince of Crime
Those quirks make the character interesting.

Tell me the unique things about Killer Frost.
Honestly don't know much about Frost, but from what I do know I can tell you I like her more than Cold for several reasons.

*She kills people and doesn't feel bad about it regardless of whether or not they have a dick.
*Her powers are atypical of ice characters as she isn't weak to fire/heat but is actual strengthed by it.
*Her design is less goofy than Cold's and is easier to take seriously.
*She is an actual threat to the world, unlike Cold who's really annoying and unpleasant for banks and guys who get in his way.

That's my reasoning, you can like Cold all you want, just know that not all of us were pulling for him.

Here's the thing I'm noticing that makes me scratch my head about NRS's decision:

-People who are supporting this Frost inclusion seem to be like "oh cool, she's in".

-Many people who were supporting Cold seemed like truly avid fans of the character.

Now the people who never really cared anyways are like "stop complaining", and the people who had emotional stake in Cold are voicing their passion.