What's new

Combo List - Scorpion Scorpion Official Combo Thread - Post all Scorpion Combos here(Pre patch thread with obsolete info)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matix218

Get over here!
Hi guys,
I'm new here...so nice to meet you all...

1.Can I please ask - what's the different between EX and ~ and MB?
and how I'm execute them?

2. Jip - that means just jump and press square?

thanks!
Ex is where you enhance the move when doing it. Example db3+block is an ex teleport. Meterburn moves are where you can spend meter to enhance the move after the move is already done (example ex spear hits and you press block a second time for him to do the fire chains)

And yes, jip is just "jump in punch" meaning jumping in and pressing either 1or 2

Last edited:
So, I was watching some match footage of slayer's kung jin and saw that he was getting combos off of anti air d1 , which actually seems to have a good hit box vs crossover jumps. So I checked what scorp has and he can get D1 4db3 21 spear etc for around 30%. It's really easy to see the d1 connect then hit confirm into the combo.

Don't know if this has been mentioned before but I though I would share

unicorn

Noob
X-Ray (waste of meter, save for safe vortex)
123~TP, Run, 21~MG, Walk Back, fj2, 4~Spear, fj2, 4~X-Ray 45%
If youre going for XRay combo for whatever reason, I will prefere to do 214xxTP 4xX-Ray for 50 or 51. Works with 123xxTP RC 21xX-Ray too for like 47 or so.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
If youre going for XRay combo for whatever reason, I will prefere to do 214xxTP 4xX-Ray for 50 or 51. Works with 123xxTP RC 21xX-Ray too for like 47 or so.
I just edited the first post, i didn't put most of those combos there outside from some on Hellfire.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
Scorpions 21 after a teleport is super hard to hit online. Coming from Kung Jin where I can hit every combo online with my eyes closed, any tips on hitting the 21 in a like 114, tp 21 string? anything else faster to use online instead?

SaibotMk

Adrenaline
Tell me Scorpion is not on training wheels, I just jumped in training mode with Scorpion for the first time tonight. I was thinking about picking him up as a second main, or should say third (Predator probably will be my second main).

I tested this thoroughly, and in different flavors, I input a Takedown but it throws a spear.

Tell me this is a bug, Scorpion actually interest me in this version of MK.

Nereus

Noob
Tell me Scorpion is not on training wheels, I just jumped in training mode with Scorpion for the first time tonight. I was thinking about picking him up as a second main, or should say third (Predator probably will be my second main).

I tested this thoroughly, and in different flavors, I input a Takedown but it throws a spear.

Tell me this is a bug, Scorpion actually interest me in this version of MK.
That's prob. because you have negative edge on. If you have it off, that's on you and not the game itself. Make sure to turn "Release Check" off

SaibotMk

Adrenaline
That's prob. because you have negative edge on. If you have it off, that's on you and not the game itself. Make sure to turn "Release Check" off
I did not know that, researching, I guess it was implented in Injustice, which I never played.

Thanks

Nereus

Noob
I did not know that, researching, I guess it was implented in Injustice, which I never played.

Thanks
This was a problem in MK9.. and they implemented the option to turn it off in Injustice as you just said in the response. Thank god it's an option :coffee:

Wam-Zlay

Reptile / Noob
just moved around a little bit in practice mode with scorpion for the first time. What can you do after b2 rc 11 chain for maximum dmg output?

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
I've been experimenting with a new BnB for Inferno using the njp-minion link and I strongly feel this should be his staple. The damage and meter gain potential is absolutely ridiculous, below are some examples.

21 starter: 21-minion grab-njp-mid minion-21-tele-21-spear-jip-21-tele = 35% damage
11 starter: as above = 34% damage
F3 starter: f3-minion grab- as above = 35% damage

Now the interesting part is what your follow up is, due to the increased amount of specials this come will incorportate you're already building more meter, however after your final teleport you opponent will be forced to block either B121 or 214 minion, using B121 gives around 55% of 1 bar of meter and using 214 minion gives almost 75% of a single bar for one combo.

214 minion does leave you at much worse advantage than B121 though, but you do gain significantly more meter for doing it.

just moved around a little bit in practice mode with scorpion for the first time. What can you do after b2 rc 11 chain for maximum dmg output?

You can connect 214-tele into 21-spear after a B2, the timing is very strict though, you can play it much safer by just going for 21-tele-21-spear into a mix up setup. Yields around 21-25% depening on what you do.

Hey can anyone showcase some Scorpion Ninjutsu vortex, Ninjutsu needs some love bros. Or update the combos list on the first page.
Thanks!

sup guys
im building an pocket scorpion for counterpicks, need some infos, help me pls :D
inferno scorpion, online reliable stuff i dont care if less damage!
1- midscreen bnb overhead and low starter
2- punish bnb
3- frame trap
4- vortex (if inferno scorpion got one)

thanks!

@Eddy Wang ^__^

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
sup guys
im building an pocket scorpion for counterpicks, need some infos, help me pls :D
inferno scorpion, online reliable stuff i dont care if less damage!
1- midscreen bnb overhead and low starter
2- punish bnb
3- frame trap
4- vortex (if inferno scorpion got one)

thanks!

@Eddy Wang ^__^
Inferno Scorpion online?
Mash demon drop and low demon, take advantage of the lag to spam all minions from full screen, mid and overhead demon recover faster than low demon, low demon catches people by surpries when they're techrolling.

214 overhead deamon and D4 overhead demon should be something to use in really laggy matches, mix up with telecancels from time to time.

punish bnb
214~tp, 21~ARISE!!, slight walk backwards, Ji2, 21~spear, Ji1, 21~TP (this setups up his vortex)

Lowstarter
B3~low Demon, 214~tp, 21~spear, walk backwards, Ji2, 21~mid demon (this sets up frame traps)

Vortex
After the last teleport to reset scorpion is at +18:
B3 to catch who blocks standing after it
F4 to catch who blocks low, but is rather slow, so rather to condition them with F2 to find an oportunity to catch them low.

Vortex Breaker
When you do the punish BnB after the spear, you can Ji1 F4, it doesn't link so if they block crouching, the F4 will start another combo so be sure to cancel with ex Spear (safe option), or low demon (who punishes online? lol) so you can loop it back everytime.

Ninjutsu guide
mash F2 or B4 on wakeups, it has double hitting proprieties, so it stuffs out most of the armor in the game when performed as a meaty attack, is -11 on block and hits mid, if you max range the reach to the tips of the blade it becomes a nightmare to punish, which will actually grant you a lot of punishes in return.

B2 is the best AA in the game assuming they're not too close, F2 too. Use teleport Cancel to escape the unavoidable jump ins and sudden runs that you cant B2 or F2 on prediction or reaction.

Hellfire
Offline friendly, requires a lot of fireballs run cancels so don't bother to use this one online, Ninjutsu is a gold mine against wakeup scrubs, Inferno is so dumb that most scrubs in general can't tell the difference between Kara demon and low Demon.

LOL

Last edited:

Gixxerkid66

ChadtheDad412
Inferno Scorpion online?
Mash demon drop and low demon, take advantage of the lag to spam all minions from full screen, mid and overhead demon recover faster than low demon, low demon catches people by surpries when they're techrolling.

Hellfire
Offline friendly, requires a lot of fireballs run cancels so don't bother to use this one online, Ninjutsu is a gold mine against wakeup scrubs, Inferno is so dumb that most scrubs in general can't tell the difference between Kara demon and low Demon.

LOL
I have spent the last 3 days trying to learn those cancels...can crush them in practice mode no problem but cant pull them off more than maybe 50 percent of the time i try in online matches...i thought i just sucked lol. Not possible in online lag then i guess?

@Eddy Wang
indeed i will use jacqui (full auto) and scorpion to counterpick online scrubs. because its a waste of time using my cassie against them LOL
they are 100% predictable (jumps, cross ups, random specials, wakeups, random xrays as soon they have 3 bars and so on) but still difficult and annoying to deal with, because of the game it self and lag.
i just want to lame the shit out of them hahaha :'D

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I have spent the last 3 days trying to learn those cancels...can crush them in practice mode no problem but cant pull them off more than maybe 50 percent of the time i try in online matches...i thought i just sucked lol. Not possible in online lag then i guess?
Lag will screw up your execution accuracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.