What's new

Match Footage - Scorpion Scorpion Match Videos

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
A few hellfire matches with dave.

I was getting beat pretty badly but I don't have all the footage.

Last edited:

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Im having trouble for countering reptile, he just too fast. My hypothesis was maybe some lockdown with inferno is good choice, but my friend said hellfire better. Which one or what tech i must use? Thx. Sorry because i just started to play mkx
I'll upload some videos of matches I have tonight with a reptile player. I think hellfire is the best variation against him. Inferno got a lot worse in the last patch and you don't really need any of the anti zoning stuff. Ninjitsu is easy to punish with reptile so almost any blocked f2 is going to lead to a knockdown. Hellfire gives the tools to stay on top of reptile and abuse his slower normals. Watch out for the armor claw and make sure your punishes are on point.

joeldm

Noob
Yes lol. It was supposed to be a delayed f3 into ex teleport but I failed to cancel the f3 into the teleport.
Normal tp and spear work.

I tested some combos with this interaction, and found these two combos:

Jk3 tp 21 spear jp 4 tp - 28%
B2 jk3 tp 21 spear jp 4 tp - 30%

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.

Real good set with @FireBreather Stunt Double Cage. Couple of things to note:

1. I had checked teleporting out of clone pressure before hand but as it turns out this isn't possible as I was doing it wrong in training mode which is why my teleport gets stuffed a lot. At first I thought I might be on line but he told me in the set that you can't do it.

2. PS4 lost the last section, Irish Mantis went on to take a pretty hefty lead in this set. He is very familiar with Scorp and knew the exact position to keep me in which made it tough to get around and move in. Once you're in though I think you're in good shape but maintaining the correct distance is very difficult.

GG's to you man, your Stunt Double is sick.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!

1. I had checked teleporting out of clone pressure before hand but as it turns out this isn't possible as I was doing it wrong in training mode which is why my teleport gets stuffed a lot. At first I thought I might be on line but he told me in the set that you can't do it.

2. PS4 lost the last section, Irish Mantis went on to take a pretty hefty lead in this set. He is very familiar with Scorp and knew the exact position to keep me in which made it tough to get around and move in. Once you're in though I think you're in good shape but maintaining the correct distance is very difficult.

thats was fun to watch back

Very patient Scirpuon player man, messed with my head GGs

Videos are cool. I am watching all Ninjutsu's videos to learn and I simply enjoy it. I subscribed to ScootMagee, Blake already. ;)
Keep up the good work.

I enjoy watching hellfire videos too just I focus on Ninjustu now.

Last edited:

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Last edited:
Top 8 match, i miss discussing scorp with you guys, Shirai Ryu lives. Never once faced a Impostor before, that teleport was getting on my nerves specially when i found out that you can't trip guard with ex tele:mad:. Still managed to keep calm and play neutral and eventually found the sweet spot.

@JTB123 @Scoot Magee @YOMI RM JagoBlake @OutworldKeith @Zaphie @Slips @Red Raptor @Hor_PeT @HeroesNZ @STRYKIE
I like your play style I didn't see match from you yet.
Many B121 strings , B21F2 and using the B2/F4 ex/tele tech.
It is quite offensive and not just relying on whiff punish. Different playstyle as I play nowadays. :)

It was the safe ex Tele tech, wasn't it? All your attempts were successful so I couldn't see what happened if blocked (there should have been an empty far teleport :D).

The D2 anti-teleport was a good choice but that was quite risky and needed perfect read.

I liked your 214 empty tele- grab move, too (I always tele just the far version not for more offensive cancel).

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I like your play style I didn't see match from you yet.
Many B121 strings , B21F2 and using the B2/F4 ex/tele tech.
It is quite offensive and not just relying on whiff punish. Different playstyle as I play nowadays. :)

It was the safe ex Tele tech, wasn't it? All your attempts were successful so I couldn't see what happened if blocked (there should have been an empty far teleport :D).

The D2 anti-teleport was a good choice but that was quite risky and needed perfect read.

I liked your 214 empty tele- grab move, too (I always tele just the far version not for more offensive cancel).
Yes, i very daring at walking from one corner to the other just get a throw, since they know i go in for a grab, that in and out dance becomes much more evident.

Either they try to poke out and get whiff punished, or they charge in and get punished, or block and get thrown. Everything else is just compliment.

Kotal_Wannabe

AKA AndyPandy
A few sets I had vs horizonMVP the other day testing out the new MKXL ninjutsu scorp. Not much idea how to fight triborg smoke yet but pretty much winged it. Ninjutsu feels alot better now imo. Feel free to add your critique, scorp isn't my main and not played him for months so tips are appreciated.

A few sets I had vs horizonMVP the other day testing out the new MKXL ninjutsu scorp. Not much idea how to fight triborg smoke yet but pretty much winged it. Ninjutsu feels alot better now imo. Feel free to add your critique, scorp isn't my main and not played him for months so tips are appreciated.

Did you play on Xbox? I saw the ping indicator on the screen. On PS4 I don't see it just bars before the match. I would like to see though.

Btw I like your play. :)

Triborg has gap in his string into the special so you can escape there. However Scorpion doesn't have good armor move so maybe isn't worth the armor out. I haven't examined Triborg yet. :)

Kotal_Wannabe

AKA AndyPandy
Did you play on Xbox? I saw the ping indicator on the screen. On PS4 I don't see it just bars before the match. I would like to see though.

Btw I like your play. :)

Triborg has gap in his string into the special so you can escape there. However Scorpion doesn't have good armor move so maybe isn't worth the armor out. I haven't examined Triborg yet. :)
I'm on PS4, you can see ping by going into your online settings on the main menu, is nice to filter out the crap connections. Yeh, found out later that smoke has gap in string, i'll be abusing it next time for sure :)