What's new

Match Footage - Scorpion Scorpion Match Videos

Triplswing

your soe will BERRN
I had some okay player matches vs this guy so I thought I'd share. As with every online match in MKX, there was random lag and it was even unresponsive at points but it didn't affect too much and we had some good matches in the end. I'm obviously the Hellfire player.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Just some online matches from last night. Hellfire Scorpion mirror matches with another Scorpion player I ran into last night. I'm the one on the left.

I want to get some more offline matches uploaded from the arena but the history only saves 10 matches. The only way that's going to happen is if I'm on the setup last before closing. I'll try to get matches recorded from other players as well but they won't be Scorpion.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Just some online matches from last night. Hellfire Scorpion mirror matches with another Scorpion player I ran into last night. I'm the one on the left.

I want to get some more offline matches uploaded from the arena but the history only saves 10 matches. The only way that's going to happen is if I'm on the setup last before closing. I'll try to get matches recorded from other players as well but they won't be Scorpion.
If you play on the PS4, just save the replays at every 15 minutes.

Not that anyone gives a damn what I think but I haven't been so very impressed with MITs HF Scorpion after watching him quite a bit.

I guess I just don't understand his playstyle or why he makes certain decisions rather than others. Can we find his matches from tonight and take a closer look at them so that we Scorpion players can gain understanding.

Triplswing

your soe will BERRN
Not that anyone gives a damn what I think but I haven't been so very impressed with MITs HF Scorpion after watching him quite a bit.

I guess I just don't understand his playstyle or why he makes certain decisions rather than others. Can we find his matches from tonight and take a closer look at them so that we Scorpion players can gain understanding.
Well, it's pretty easy to make a bad read with Scorpion in the pressure of a match, especially in tournaments or leagues. Since his biggest weakness is that almost every bad read he makes is punishable, I guess it can make players look scrubby or something.

But I've never seen MIT play so I'm just guessing here.

Xzyj

Noob
Excellent matches! You should add b3-fbc-b3+bf4 to those mixups.
Thank you, we had amazing matches a couple of days ago, unfortunately i wasn't recording them.
I started to use b3 fbc confirm into b12 flame aura for crazy low starter combos :p
This mixup sounds interesting in terms of breaking armor, but i feel like if a person blocks my low attack he will block slide almost all the time too, i usually try to go for ex-spear if i mix a couple of b3s

Triplswing

your soe will BERRN
Thank you, we had amazing matches a couple of days ago, unfortunately i wasn't recording them.
I started to use b3 fbc confirm into b12 flame aura for crazy low starter combos :p
This mixup sounds interesting in terms of breaking armor, but i feel like if a person blocks my low attack he will block slide almost all the time too, i usually try to go for ex-spear if i mix a couple of b3s
b3 FBC f2 is significantly harder to deal with than b32f2/because the overhead is telegraphed from that string, whereas FBC mixups can lead into anything. Just a polite suggestion :DOGE

MAN0

DevilApes
b3 FBC f2 is significantly harder to deal with than b32f2/because the overhead is telegraphed from that string, whereas FBC mixups can lead into anything. Just a polite suggestion :DOGE
Exactly, that makes b3 fbc b3+f4 and b3 fbc b3db3 solid 50/50's! But when in doubt ending with ex spear is always the safest option..

Xzyj

Noob
Yeah, sometimes it even comes out by itself it you still hold forward while trying to execute 214, such mindgames :DOGE
FBC=? (sorry to ask)
FireBall Cancel. When you're cancelling your fireball animation with run into something else.
Exactly, that makes b3 fbc b3+f4 and b3 fbc b3db3 solid 50/50's! But when in doubt ending with ex spear is always the safest option..
I don't see how that's a 50/50, do i understand right that you're suggesting doing b3-slide or b3-teleport and calling it 50/50?
Hellfire scorpion's biggest strength is his ability to build a lot of meter imo, and you can always spend it to use EX-spear from time to time.

MAN0

DevilApes
Yeah, sometimes it even comes out by itself it you still hold forward while trying to execute 214, such mindgames :DOGE

FireBall Cancel. When you're cancelling your fireball animation with run into something else.

I don't see how that's a 50/50, do i understand right that you're suggesting doing b3-slide or b3-teleport and calling it 50/50?
Hellfire scorpion's biggest strength is his ability to build a lot of meter imo, and you can always spend it to use EX-spear from time to time.
No no I was talking about his overhead f2 after b3fbc (on block) mixed up with his b3 low starters.

b3 fbc f2
b3 fbc throw

or

b3 fbc b3db3
b3 fbc b3f4

Triplswing

your soe will BERRN
If you have the presence of mind to do such technical inputs while still hitconfirming then b3 FBC b3 spear is one of the most troublesome strings in the game.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Me vs my Raiden friend (he just got MKX)

The standing 1 walk back B2 counter-poke setup doesn't work well on Raiden because his D1 has crazy range unfortunately.