What's new

Scorpion Kombo speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
So guys let's chat about Scorpion's combo's speculation!

I think he'll be up there in tier and fun to use. Of course I don't know for sure just speculating here based on the demo vids seen at E3.

But he seems to play like he did in UMK3 and MK4 with the air throws, JK, teleport, spear combos and JK, air throw combos should be fun to use.

I like that punch launcher he has too from the ground, that's kind of neat. And the fact that he has the air punch juggle will make for some devastating combos and creativeness.

Plus he has the hellfire extended move, a super teleport that can be mixed up with his combos. I love his throw, it's his oldschool MK2 fatality if you pay close attention...he takes his spear, slices your neck area, then torso area(you see blood which is awesome) then stabs you and flips you over to the ground.

SZSR

Noob
Can you edit this into your post:

Spear: Back, back+A
Demon Fire: back, down+Y
Teleport: back, down+X
Takedown: back, down+B
Air throw: Left bumper (presumably in air)

Taken from that MrWesker video

Dtoxz

Noob
It looks as if his Xray is more an escape move because it starts with that teleport where he drops into the ground. I bet he will be the best balanced character.
Definitely gonna main him first! He's always been my favorite!

BTW smokerai that pic in your avatar is awesome! very awesome

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Okay, so far my BnB's have been:

Spear Start
:l:l:fp > :l+:bp > Dash > :bp, :fp xx :down:l:fk > j.:fk xx :fp+:bp(Air Throw)

Overhead Start

:l+:bp > Dash > :bp, :fp xx :down:l:fk > :l:l:fp > :bp, :fp xx :down:l :bk

EGP Wonder_Chef

Okay triple post because nobody else is talking, haha.

I believe this deals over 50%, but it's hard to tell. It's 41% plus whatever EX Fire deals.

i saw a video on youtube of a scorpion combo where he jump kicks the guy and grabs him both while in the air.

how do you do this every time i try i cannot get the grab to catch my opponent in mid air after a jump kick.

EGP Wonder_Chef

This only works in some combos, but what you want to do is press the air grab as soon as the air kick hits.

MKF30

Just practice the timing down on smaller combos first(example, launch, JK, air grab) once you get used to it then it'll become second nature in bigger combos

I have a simmiler question when you do the launche for scorpion then do the jump kick how do you guys get the telport off fast enough to hit your opponet with it. I'm getting close but my opponet hits the ground just as I'm about to get a hit with it. Any tips to get the telport off faster after the jump kick?

MKF30

Pretty much what I do is buffer the imput for the teleport as I'm jump kicking almost ahead of time so that it'll connect. It definitely takes practice but that's what you have to do and eventually you'll get the timing down for sure :) That's what I do anyway, perhaps other people just mash the teleport d,b and 3 as soon as they jump. I do it as soon as I connect with a Jump kick.

I have seem some bad ass Scorpion combos on YouTube. I'm not an advanced player by any means, but I'm on the path for sure. I watched a Sub Zero video that explains how to create custom combos and I really wish there was one for Scorpion. I know many of the same rules apply... but could anyone here give me some tips on how to chain Scorpions combos together? I especially like the ones with multiple teleports!

Pistol

Noob
I know those people that made that Sub-Zero vid. Revisit that channel, they added a Scorp version.

From what I heard, his long teleport combos are getting hit by "it's nerf or nothing" if you know what I mean.

fleshmasher

i got the poison
I think they'd better buff the others.
Sub-Zero's, Mileena's and Johnny's Kombos are rather weak in comparison.

oZii

Noob
Adding the X-ray at the end of the teleport dash 2,1 you have to get in there quick or X-ray will whiff.

Yes, I main Akuma in SSF4. :evil:

I've been noticing that everyone right now is trying to figure out high damage combos instead of trying to figure out how to run their characters with an efficient "gameplan". As Scorpion is my main (Noob secondary), I'd like to shed light on how Scorpion is one of the best reset characters in the game, and can continuously do 30%+ combos forcing them to use breakers.

I'm sure most of you have read Tom Brady's guide and understand how to use your pokes or what leads into combos. Unfortunately, one problem with Scorpion is that the majority of his knockdown options DO NOT leave him in a good position (throw, 334 knockdown, etc). These are mainly used for damage, but push your opponent far away. Scorpion doesn't really have much to spam full screen outside of Hell Fire (which is baitable).

The Scorpion Vortex

Ground Starter

When doing a basic ground combo (1,1, spear, double bounce, jump kick teleport), you can use the spear AGAIN to create great oki and an immediate 50/50 upon the opponent tech rolling, as it slides them on the ground right next to you. You can immediately dash and do f4~spear to create another combo or dash up b2 to do an instant pop up into another combo. They cannot lay there because the b2 overhead beats it clean. If they wake up special you can just dash up and BLOCK and create the vortex all over again.

If you hit with b2 overhead, this leads into the AIR STARTER labeled below:

Air Starter

This is mainly used for punishes that leave opponent in the air, or if you AA them with jf+3/4 into teleport, or AA 1, dash 1, etc. Combo the spear from AA state to get the combo starter, but instead of doing your basic BnB, do f2, 1, teleport punch (not EX). This will combo into the teleport punch and put you at frame advantage in their face to do WHATEVER YOU WANT. This is where you reset the damage and go into the f4~spear or dash up b2 to create another combo... and both of these lead to the ground vortex starter with the 2nd spear! So you are getting combo damage that leads into another immediate 50/50 into another 30%+ combo. If you want to be safe, you can also do dash up throw, or dash up crouch short pressure to create another setup!

But these options are unsafe on block?

Scorpion's damage comes from these potentially unsafe options, but this is where your skill as a player comes in. You are always at a 2:1 advantage in these situations against your opponent because these situations ALSO give you free pressure and free throw attempts to confuse your opponents and try again when you get the opportunity. You can even dash up 334 or dash up 11 to continue pressure and force opponent into the corner to continue mixup. SAVE YOUR METER! If your meter management is poor with Scorpion you will make a bad guess and not be able to break out from a huge punish. Knowing when to use these options is what will make a good Scorpion player because these options are VERY scary for the opponent to deal with. These reset situations will lead to constant 60-70% damage scenarios FORCING the opponent to save their meter for breakers.

Also, if you are nearing the end of the match, you can link f4~X-Ray as an unbreakable game ender as part of this vortex!

Status
Not open for further replies.