What's new

Scorpion Kombo speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gore

Noob
Is it possible to switch the scissor kick for an X-Ray?
You seem to catch them high enough but it just wont connect for me?
you can use :bp --> xray if you want (52% damage 12 hits)

EDIT: also :bp, :fp --> xray works (not recommended, the previous one is easier) (still 52% damage 13 hits)

However a very interesting 42% midscreen combo is:

Jump in :fp,:fp,:fp,spear,jump up straight :fp,dash,back+:bp,jump in :fk, teleport,Jump in :fk, air grab

Here you have time to use :en hellfire. So it's 50% combo with 1 meter :cool:

you can use :bp --> xray if you want (52% damage 12 hits)

EDIT: also :bp, :fp --> xray works (not recommended, the previous one is easier) (still 52% damage 13 hits)

However a very interesting 42% midscreen combo is:

Jump in :fp,:fp,:fp,spear,jump up straight :fp,dash,back+:bp,jump in :fk, teleport,Jump in :fk, air grab

Here you have time to use :en hellfire. So it's 50% combo with 1 meter :cool:
Thanks Gore.

blues686

Black lantern
The 43% combo is-

Jump in punch,fp,fp,spear,jump up straight punch,dash,back+bp,jump kick, teleport,fp,fp, scissor takedown.
i pretty much mastered this combo and variants of it. love the fact that no meter is need for such high damage. but i was wondering what is the best non meter, non xray, corner combo for scorpion?

Mully

Noob
I can't put one combo together at the moment, but I'm learning quickly. Thanks for these videos guys, great work :)

QjonPL

Low Tier Fanatic
On wall:
j.P, 1,1~Spear, nj.P, b+2, 2,1, 2,1,2
37%

With one meter:
j.P, 1,1~Spear, cross j.P~ExTP, 2,1, 2,1, 2,1,2
45%

ELC

Scrublord McGee
Well, I've been trying to come up with ways to capitalize on a safe jin.P to full effect. One of tactics I'm thinking about using jin.P into F+4 so I can either combo into B+2 off of jin.P or spear off of F+4.

Unfortunately, I'm having trouble timing F+4 into Spear, especially after the jin.P. How tight is the execution barrier? And is there a tech I can use get the timing down better?

Dark_Rob

Noob
Well, I've been trying to come up with ways to capitalize on a safe jin.P to full effect. One of tactics I'm thinking about using jin.P into F+4 so I can either combo into B+2 off of jin.P or spear off of F+4.

Unfortunately, I'm having trouble timing F+4 into Spear, especially after the jin.P. How tight is the execution barrier? And is there a tech I can use get the timing down better?
As soon as you see the F+4 animation start you should already be doing the spear input. Do it fast and it will come out.

gore

Noob
I think the best combo played a real match is the one with teleport punch at the end. That's because it creates a positional adavantage (free jumpin as Tom Brady guide said). Scissor takedown does a little bit more damage (1%) but I don't like because you and your opponent will wakeup together. Another great combo is the one with air grab finisher + EX hellfire. It's really easy to do, It guarantees a huge damage (50%) and a great spacing. So it's nice to finish a round and/or keep the opponent away (if you think you can zone him or get away from his pressure).

the timing is crisp & fast button mashers beware & the bad part is the timing is too fast to switch the spear to a different move

side note: if you miss or the spear is blocked you will be punished

Status
Not open for further replies.