What's new

Scorpion Kombo speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

linkdude

Noob
While i agree with the idea of creating oki with spear, or teleport from AA, the mix-up high's and low's that you pick are very unsafe. If the opponent blocks the mix-up, you eat more damage than the reset oki you go for. Scorpion has f3 to use as an overhead in those situations instead of the blade overhead. It doesn't lead to a full on combo, but it is safe, and you keep the pressure you gained since it gives you a free safe jump in. For the low, you can just do a crouching 3, into pressure. I still haven't tried out other safer options for lows, but there's always sweep. And theres always cross up punch into pressure of the oki, if you think they'll wake up with something you can't interrupt.

My 2 cents. I still need to go through somethings myself. Cool stuff though.

Well that's the thing, this is mainly to show you how to GET the setup, what you choose to do with it is your own choice. Yes, he has safe options, but if you want the DAMAGE you have to commit to something. This game revolves around committing to an option after you understand your opponent's weaknesses. But yes, you can be safe and go for f3 as an overhead or keep putting on pressure however you see fit.

You know me better than that Isaac. :-P

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Of course there's always dash up throw and ground fire is always an option, however they don't really continue the vortex.

linkdude

Noob
Well that's the thing, this is mainly to show you how to GET the setup, what you choose to do with it is your own choice. Yes, he has safe options, but if you want the DAMAGE you have to commit to something. This game revolves around committing to an option after you understand your opponent's weaknesses. But yes, you can be safe and go for f3 as an overhead or keep putting on pressure however you see fit.

You know me better than that Isaac. :-P

Yeah. All I'm trying to say it that you don't have to go all in all the time.

CMP

Noob
Adding the X-ray at the end of the teleport dash 2,1 you have to get in there quick or X-ray will whiff.
I usually just do teleport dash 2 then X-Ray it's a lot safer that way I think. But it can be a lot better just to save the X-Ray in most cases where it will only add about 4% to some combos instead of just finishing the combo.

I know there are multiple combos posted in the guide and videos here and there but as far as midscreen combos go with scorpion the most I can do is 43% no meter off of a jump in punch. Since this is the most I can do, I don't see any reason to try other combos as this is the most damaging I've found and I can land it from a spear or jump in punch. Can anyone do more than 43% midscreen?

As far as corner combos the most I can do is 56% using two meters.

The 43% combo is-

Jump in punch,fp,fp,spear,jump up straight punch,dash,back+bp,jump kick, teleport,fp,fp, scissor takedown.

oZii

Noob
I know there are multiple combos posted in the guide and videos here and there but as far as midscreen combos go with scorpion the most I can do is 43% no meter off of a jump in punch. Since this is the most I can do, I don't see any reason to try other combos as this is the most damaging I've found and I can land it from a spear or jump in punch. Can anyone do more than 43% midscreen?

As far as corner combos the most I can do is 56% using two meters.

The 43% combo is-

Jump in punch,fp,fp,spear,jump up straight punch,dash,back+bp,jump kick, teleport,fp,fp, scissor takedown.
Yea 43% is most mid screen right now as far as I know.

What you said about off spear is incorrect though. Off Spear that combo is 35%.

yeah I know it's less off spear but off a naked spear you would basically do the same combo minus the jump in and two fp's. That's my only problem with this game, everyone will have that one combo that does the most damage and that's it. but I suppose that's every fighting game.

REt0X

Noob
Hi Dmck,

I noticed in the first video you linked that you do some kind of flaming uppercut after a teleport punch. It looks like the last attack of the 1, 1, 1 combo, but I don't see the first two attacks. How is that done?

Hi Dmck,

I noticed in the first video you linked that you do some kind of flaming uppercut after a teleport punch. It looks like the last attack of the 1, 1, 1 combo, but I don't see the first two attacks. How is that done?
I believe what your seeing is the enhanced teleport punch. It hits twice.

gore

Noob
there is a shortcut to do jump kick and teleport punch after back+bp?
Actually I do a tiger knee to do a low jump kick and then a quarter back cicle to do the teleport punch...but I think it's too complicated :D

oZii

Noob
Very good stuff, mixing in the 2,1,teleport which gives you advantage again think works well in the vortex mixup?

oZii

Noob
do you use this motion here? --> jump forward, down + kick, back + kick?
Just use the negative edge.

so Jump FK rotate to back if you did it right you only have to press the fk once.

Similar to D+HP rotate F for 2-in-1 uppercut fireball in SF.

This is a combo I did. The recording isn't the best but its:

jump in 1, 1, 1, (enhanced) back back 1, bounce, back 2, jump kick teleport, 1, 1, (enhanced) down back 4 -- this is 47 damage, then when they get up execute an enhanced Hellfire adding an extra 8 for 55 damage. The only way to avoid enhanced hellfire upon wakeup is a wake up teleport, or a wakeup invincibility move.

CMP

Noob
The most I get is a 48% but that's with using Ex Hellfire at the end but there is really no time for them to do anything because it's already active before the time they can do anything pretty much.

Status
Not open for further replies.