What's new

Scorpion Change Wishlist

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
thats actually reasonable requests for scorpion.
Nerfs:
Away HPC costs 2 def bars

Close HPC costs 1 off bar
Spear is -65 up close from -35

Buffs:
Air grab remove damage scaling in combo
B141 special cancelable on hit on first sword
F34 KB remove counter hit requirement and make it trigger in combo 7-10 hits

thats actually reasonable requests for scorpion.
Nerfs:
Away HPC costs 2 def bars

Close HPC costs 1 off bar
Spear is -65 up close from -35

Buffs:
Air grab remove damage scaling in combo
B141 special cancelable on hit on first sword
F34 KB remove counter hit requirement and make it trigger in combo 7-10 hits
Hi.

"F34 KB remove counter hit requirement and make it trigger in combo 7-10 hits"

Why is it a buff? It looks like a nerf to me. Scorpion would lose the fear of safe punish after F3 poke.
And it would not really add any more good damage to scorpion at the end of the combo. I do not understand the point of it. :D

Chernyy Volk

Wolf lord, footsie bully, chronic corner abuser.
Hi.

"F34 KB remove counter hit requirement and make it trigger in combo 7-10 hits"

Why is it a buff? It looks like a nerf to me. Scorpion would lose the fear of safe punish after F3 poke.
And it would not really add any more good damage to scorpion at the end of the combo. I do not understand the point of it. :D
I never specified a hit amount.

I didn't do like, an optimized combo or anything, but it does give him more damage ultimately. I can make other short videos and show you if you like. F34 KB currently does mediocre damage. You have to spend 2 bars AND two KB's to even get just over 39%. That's pretty shitty.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Teleport cancel should never be used as an offensive tool. Other teleports cannot be special cancelled like this one, thus there has to be a drawback.

1. Teleport cancel ONLY cancels backward and as far as a getup roll would go. Costs defensive bar. This creates a mind game of cancel and not... and allows a hard read punish. This is a rather large nerf... so it should only cost one slot. I personally do not know what i'd put in the last slot for Reborn. Probably the dash move (even tho it sucks and shoudl also get some kind of small buff).
  2. Teleport amp only comes out on hit
  3. I don't think f34 should be a combo extender on KB. I think the air throw should. I love your air throw idea and i think it should be the combo extender/damage buff one timer.
Your QoL ideas for his strings make sense and i'm down.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I never specified a hit amount.

I didn't do like, an optimized combo or anything, but it does give him more damage ultimately. I can make other short videos and show you if you like. F34 KB currently does mediocre damage. You have to spend 2 bars AND two KB's to even get just over 39%. That's pretty shitty.
whats the damage on f34 KB teleport amp combo? it has to be around 39% (maybe i'm wrong and that damage is from the burning spear).

Chernyy Volk

whats the damage on f34 KB teleport amp combo? it has to be around 39% (maybe i'm wrong and that damage is from the burning spear).
You can get up to 42% for it + 2 bars. It's better than the current combo which is f34(KB)~db3(MB), f3, 11~bf1(MB), 212(KB) which does exactly 40% for two KB's and both your offense bars.

Also this leads to Scorpion getting a 50% combo off D2 KB, making his throw read punishes a lot better.

Chernyy Volk

Teleport cancel should never be used as an offensive tool. Other teleports cannot be special cancelled like this one, thus there has to be a drawback.

1. Teleport cancel ONLY cancels backward and as far as a getup roll would go. Costs defensive bar. This creates a mind game of cancel and not... and allows a hard read punish. This is a rather large nerf... so it should only cost one slot. I personally do not know what i'd put in the last slot for Reborn. Probably the dash move (even tho it sucks and shoudl also get some kind of small buff).
  2. Teleport amp only comes out on hit
  3. I don't think f34 should be a combo extender on KB. I think the air throw should. I love your air throw idea and i think it should be the combo extender/damage buff one timer.
Your QoL ideas for his strings make sense and i'm down.
Also I don't get this fixation with adjusting out teleport reacts on block. It's 100% block confirmable if you practice it. I haven't dropped a teleport punish in a good while.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
You can get up to 42% for it + 2 bars. It's better than the current combo which is f34(KB)~db3(MB), f3, 11~bf1(MB), 212(KB) which does exactly 40% for two KB's and both your offense bars.

Also this leads to Scorpion getting a 50% combo off D2 KB, making his throw read punishes a lot better.
I just meant the one bar version. I typically just do NOT spend two bars on any combo because the resources spent isn't worth the gain.
I think the combo i am asking is f34(kb)~teleport amp f3 11 spear