What's new

Scorpion Change Wishlist

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
cassie's ex low gun shots, jax's one grin n barret special, kung lao spin, and that's all i can think of right now
i'll give you two of those 3
duck and weave MB doesn't have a "hit" to block other than the launcher and as such... i do not count it.

I don't play enough Cassie to know.... but i'm pretty positive that the amped portion whiffs on knee cappin' after the initial shot. I coudl be wrong.

i'll give you two of those 3
duck and weave MB doesn't have a "hit" to block other than the launcher and as such... i do not count it.

I don't play enough Cassie to know.... but i'm pretty positive that the amped portion whiffs on knee cappin' after the initial shot. I coudl be wrong.
you might able to duck ex knee cappin in the middle of it but i doubt it.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
you might able to duck ex knee cappin in the middle of it but i doubt it.
either way
there isn't a "hesitation" between the amped, and the normal. It comes out naturally without a "gap"

Scorpions just feels disjointed and not natural. I mean.... how many times do you get it to hit on JUST the amp portion after the normal part was blocked.

The answer should be 0. But I bet the percentage is at least 50%. That is silly.

I never specified a hit amount.

I didn't do like, an optimized combo or anything, but it does give him more damage ultimately. I can make other short videos and show you if you like. F34 KB currently does mediocre damage. You have to spend 2 bars AND two KB's to even get just over 39%. That's pretty shitty.
I did not quote you.

I do not agree with your low damage complain. You just do bad bnb if you spend 2 bars and 2 kb's for 39%. :)
D2 is another story as you do 49% for 2 bars - I rather spend that 2nd bar and KB here.

For F34KB only 1 bar is worthy (without 212 KB). And you can spend you other bar and 212 KB where your damage is better for that extra bar and 212 KB.

Honestly, the only changes he needs are specific to Reborn. I also agree with your suggestions on HPC’s and Air Throw.

Changes to his strings would be a waste because spear no longer stuns meterless. Scorpion’s meterless damage/combos don’t exist because they revolve around Amp Spear/HP.

DrFolmer

AKA Uncle Kano
Searing Rage should not get hit. It's already high risk, high reward as it is, and cannot use teleport to make f42 safe.
As for Reborn either increase ressource cost or increase spacing on close hellport cancel to avoid it being an offensive mixup tool - or at least less effective so.

DO NOT MAKE THE TELEPORT A HIGH

Chernyy Volk

Wolf lord, footsie bully, chronic corner abuser.
I did not quote you.

I do not agree with your low damage complain. You just do bad bnb if you spend 2 bars and 2 kb's for 39%. :)
D2 is another story as you do 49% for 2 bars - I rather spend that 2nd bar and KB here.

For F34KB only 1 bar is worthy (without 212 KB). And you can spend you other bar and 212 KB where your damage is better for that extra bar and 212 KB.
..................I literally do the optimal. Wtf are you doing? LOL

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Teleport cancel should never be used as an offensive tool. Other teleports cannot be special cancelled like this one, thus there has to be a drawback.

1. Teleport cancel ONLY cancels backward and as far as a getup roll would go. Costs defensive bar. This creates a mind game of cancel and not... and allows a hard read punish. This is a rather large nerf... so it should only cost one slot. I personally do not know what i'd put in the last slot for Reborn. Probably the dash move (even tho it sucks and shoudl also get some kind of small buff).
  2. Teleport amp only comes out on hit
  3. I don't think f34 should be a combo extender on KB. I think the air throw should. I love your air throw idea and i think it should be the combo extender/damage buff one timer.
Your QoL ideas for his strings make sense and i'm down.
Yeah that’s why it costs meter to cancel. It’s basically the only true utility of the Reborn variation. The air throw isn’t useless but it’s kinda just gimmicky at higher levels. The Tp in general is definitely is better online, sane with the cancel. But doesn’t need to be nerfed at all, tbh.

The teleports that need to be nerfed are the ones attached to zoning heavy characters. Cetrion for example has by far the most broken teleport in the game. It’s not broken on it’s own, but when it’s attached to the best zoner in the game, it’s absolutely broken and makes no sense. The entire strategy against a heavy zoner is to inch your way in, getting better position and backing them to the corner. This strategy is basically useless vs Cetrion, because she can TP virtually freely and you have to do it all over again for no reason.

Honestly, the only changes he needs are specific to Reborn. I also agree with your suggestions on HPC’s and Air Throw.

Changes to his strings would be a waste because spear no longer stuns meterless. Scorpion’s meterless damage/combos don’t exist because they revolve around Amp Spear/HP.
whoa man. b141 needs to do something. change that string

I’m saying that changing it won’t lead to much if anything because of his combo structure.
the string gets burning spear application on the 3rd hit, extends chip compared to something like f32 burning spear, and would most likely be a more damaging starter. even if you think it won't lead to much there's no reason that string should be there just to be there compared to what it used to be. it's nothing as it is now

..................I literally do the optimal. Wtf are you doing? LOL
I do not waste an extra bar and an extra KB where it just gives little more when I can spend it better later (potentially right after the Bnb).
You just cash out with scaled bnb and complain about the "low" damage. I got it.

I think Scorpion's damage is totally fine either way I do not complain.

Last edited:
is it just me or , Chernyy Volk sounds like his laughing the whole time is it just me ?

btw do you realize that the f34 change your asking is actualy a nerf in neutral ? scorpion stagger wont be as strong anymore. Dont get me wrong but the changes you asking are decents but you didnt talk about the amplify teleport on block that you can delay and itself its fucked.

the string gets burning spear application on the 3rd hit, extends chip compared to something like f32 burning spear, and would most likely be a more damaging starter. even if you think it won't lead to much there's no reason that string should be there just to be there compared to what it used to be. it's nothing as it is now
There are characters that have 1 normal better than others entire move list lol. Every string isn’t useful.

B1,4 is already a hit confirm. It would literally be the same thing as what we already have.

There are characters that have 1 normal better than others entire move list lol. Every string isn’t useful.

B1,4 is already a hit confirm. It would literally be the same thing as what we already have.
that notion is not ok though. characters don't have a lot of strings as it is. strings shouldn't go from useful to not useful. b141 is an even better hit confirm with b14 just being the safe option. come on now. i even gave points as to why it should be reverted.

that notion is not ok though. characters don't have a lot of strings as it is. strings shouldn't go from useful to not useful. b141 is an even better hit confirm with b14 just being the safe option. come on now. i even gave points as to why it should be reverted.
I’m just saying. There isn’t much of a difference between having strings that serve the exact same purpose and having useless strings.