What's new

Scarecrow Character Speculation Thread!

Blade4693

VIVIVI
his walk-in animation he appears as regular Dr. Crane and blows a puff of the fear toxin at the opponent, transforming into the monstrosity we see here. This allows them to be very creative with what moves he can do, as what we are fighting when we are fighting him is what we'd see under the effects of the fear gas.
So innovative. I love this and hope it's true, such a cool idea.

Still not a big overall fan of the weird monster look that they are going for. On top of not feeling like Scarecrow, the default one looks pretty basic (tattered black pants and a mask, not much else). At least the costume with the gasmask, hood, gas canister, and belt lanterns jazzes it up a bit more and leaves more to the imagination so that I can suspend my disbelief. I especially like the concept art with the fluorescent orange lighting.

Trauma_and_Pain

Filthy Casual
Last character from the leak list I really care about. Hoping his trait lets us switch between different toxins sort of like how Deadshot's trait lets him switch between different types of ammo or whatever the hell it does.

Also hope he can do some full-screen zoning. I could easily see him having that Jason ability which messes with opponent's inputs, even though I hate that mechanic.

IDK if anyone has posted this yet but according to the mobile game scarecrow is the new avatar of the black/ROT
which is part of swamp things lore/Enemy. So yes He is a zombie now.

Im sure @CrazyFingers knows alot more about the rot then anyone here so ask him about it.
If true, that sounds pretty stupid. I mean, what better way to add in a highly requested character than to include him as not that character?

I mean its still crane lol plus a swamp thing villain combined with an already awesome villain. I am satisfied pretty awesome to me.
More power to everyone who likes the idea, but to me it's the same thing as if it turned out that for some reason the Flash is also a black lantern now. Sure he's still Barry Allen, but they would be changing his character into something fundamentally different than his core concept.

More power to everyone who likes the idea, but to me it's the same thing as if it turned out that for some reason the Flash is also a black lantern now. Sure he's still Barry Allen, but they would be changing his character into something fundamentally different than his core concept.
I understand lol At least it was done this way and keeping true to his death instead of just ignoring the comic. Plus a reasonable revival instead of who look cranes alive lol

I understand lol At least it was done this way and keeping true to his death instead of just ignoring the comic. Plus a reasonable revival instead of who look cranes alive lol
Character deaths don't really matter much when the story involves parallel earths though. Like how the Joker was still in Injustice 1.

kantboy-2

Ripper
Remember, which is easier to sell; Anton Arcane or Scarecrow?

Fits with the game-lore. You have to die to be picked for the Rot unless you're a selected Avatar. Scarecrow died, becomes a metahuman avatar. Grundy is not in the game and Anton Arcane is not "T for teen" material no matter how much you try to make him.

Plus, the Batman-connection-thingy.

I'm guessing Vixen is DLC and she'll be the avatar of the Red.

Last edited:

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
Anton Arcane would be AWESOME but they'll never do him. Unless you're a die hard Swamp fan you'd have no interest.

I'm glad Scarecrow is in and he looks cool. Totally okay with him being a rot avatar.

IDK if anyone has posted this yet but according to the mobile game scarecrow is the new avatar of the black/ROT
which is part of swamp things lore/Enemy. So yes He is a zombie now.

Im sure @CrazyFingers knows alot more about the rot then anyone here so ask him about it.
So if he is brought from the dead as an avatar of Black/Rot, I wonder what will they come up with to resurrect the Joker : black lantern, a clone, a cyborg ( probably resurrected by Brainiac), maybe even a new host of the Spectre?? ( Remember in the Injustice comics year 3, when Spectre started to support the regime and his original host, Jim Corrigan, was found jokerized in Arkhem everyone started to suspect that it was actually Joker... But it turned out to be Mr Mxysptlk in the comics, could actually be Mr J in I2)

So if he is brought from the dead as an avatar of Black/Rot, I wonder what will they come up with to resurrect the Joker : black lantern, a clone, a cyborg ( probably resurrected by Brainiac), maybe even a new host of the Spectre?? ( Remember in the Injustice comics year 3, when Spectre started to support the regime and his original host, Jim Corrigan, was found jokerized in Arkhem everyone started to suspect that it was actually Joker... But it turned out to be Mr Mxysptlk in the comics, could actually be Mr J in I2)
Im loving the possibilities I feel like its either brainiac bringing him back or the spectre theory.

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
Remember in the Injustice comics year 3, when Spectre started to support the regime and his original host, Jim Corrigan, was found jokerized in Arkhem everyone started to suspect that it was actually Joker... But it turned out to be Mr Mxysptlk in the comics, could actually be Mr J in I2)
Excellent point ^^^ I thought Joker had Spectre until it was revealed to be Mxdfd;lklkjsdl. There was some heavy handed hinting in there.