What's new

Scarecrow Character Speculation Thread!

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
Scarecrow
The Deliverer of Fear

The genius level psychologist and biochemist who developed a toxin that helps him prey on the innocent by instilling fear.

In the Mobile Gameplay Reveal, he was more metahumam-esque...looking like the embodiment of fear. He seems to stand tall with a scythe in hand, looking like a real life Scarecrow. He has a ripped off noose around his neck and apparent damage all over his body.

Check it out below:

Thoughts?

I'm excited to try him out, for real, if he stays looking like this!

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Yeah I am really excited because we all know the mobile characters don't look as good as their full game selves (for obvious reasons) and if he looks that cool there in the mobile game, I can't wait to see how sick he looks in the actual game.

He is main material for me lol

JesterSMX

It's too laggy to poke...
Based off the i2 mobile video... He looks bigger than I thought he would be. If he's not slow he'll be my day 1 main. Hopefully that "scythe on a rope" gives him fast ranging attacks. I'm hype but I need to see more. Usually the characters I like as a fan don't fit my play style so I hope that isn't the case.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
Him changing into an embodiment of fear and becoming metahuman the more fear gas he has injected could be cool.
For example:
No fear gas: regular crane in a suit with just basic abilities
A bunch of fear gas: metahuman crane with metahuman abilities
That would be absolutely amazing.

Sadly I don't think that that's what we'll get, and instead we'll get human Crane who uses gas in his intro to then appear to be a monster (which will still be pretty cool I think)

thesacrifist

Too old for this
I'm guessing that in his walk-in animation he appears as regular Dr. Crane and blows a puff of the fear toxin at the opponent, transforming into the monstrosity we see here. This allows them to be very creative with what moves he can do, as what we are fighting when we are fighting him is what we'd see under the effects of the fear gas.

Looking forward to seeing him in action - this could potentially be the coolest character yet!

Edit: Agreeing with above poster. SneakyTortoise wrote basically the exact thing as I did above only minutes before while I was typing this. Great minds etc. :)

TamedLizard

Buff George
They could always design the fear gas as a 3 level trait kind of like DM Bo. More fear gas/higher levels>more potent abilities.

Obviously without the vomiting timer. As funny as it would be at first though, watching Crane continually vomit because drug overdose would be disheartening.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
They could always design the fear gas as a 3 level trait kind of like DM Bo. More fear gas/higher levels>more potent abilities.

Obviously without the vomiting timer. As funny as it would be at first though, watching Crane continually vomit because drug overdose would be disheartening.
Lol well Crane has immunity to his own drug so he'd never throw up for it.

The issue with a constantly evolving character in the game is hitbox issues. You'd almost never wanna level up your fear toxin because why give your opponent a bigger body to hit??

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
Lol well Crane has immunity to his own drug so he'd never throw up for it.

The issue with a constantly evolving character in the game is hitbox issues. You'd almost never wanna level up your fear toxin because why give your opponent a bigger body to hit??
Well, if the benefits of the trait were big enough, it would be worth it.

I'm actually a long time advocate of traits universally having a drawback/consideration involved in using them. In fact, it was the very first thread I created here and my reason for finally joining, to see some discussion about it.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
In the mobile game his fear gas stops you from using your "abilities" for a while.

Not sure if it'll work like that in the main game.

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela
I'm looking forward to try him and like he's included, but I'm not that crazy about his visual design at the moment. He just looks too much like a creature for my liking. He looks more like swamp thing than a man.

I like the concept where he would appear more horrific and surreal as scarecrow traited up.