What's new

Sajam talks about people defending companies

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
He's right tho, we shouldn't make excuses for these games missing all these important features. Like MKX didn't have a proper ranked mode, and now we got one and I think it's cool the way it works. At least NRS improved and keeps improving.

I think SamSho having shit netcode is inexcusable and it's unfortunate because it's a fun game.
The netcode for SamSho has gotten better within a month which is waaaaaay faster fix to online Ive seen ANY current fighter. Apparently, the initial launch of it being bad hurt the game tho. Thats why having a great netcode from jump is NEEDED for EVERY fighting game moving forward into the next gen. And if a fighting game has shit netcode from the start CALL IT OUT AND STOP MAKING EXCUSES FOR THE GAME! Otherwise how is the problem going to get fixed when we lie to ourselves?

The netcode for SamSho has gotten better within a month which is waaaaaay faster fix to online Ive seen ANY current fighter. Apparently, the initial launch of it being bad hurt the game tho. Thats why having a great netcode from jump is NEEDED for EVERY fighting game moving forward into the next gen. And if a fighting game has shit netcode from the start CALL IT OUT AND STOP MAKING EXCUSES FOR THE GAME! Otherwise how is the problem going to get fixed when we lie to ourselves?
Is it rollback or delayed based? If it's not rollback it'll never be good despite whatever improvements they try to make.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Is it rollback or delayed based? If it's not rollback it'll never be good despite whatever improvements they try to make.
I delayed but ive been playing it since launch and it has gotten much better. However, none of the current FGs dont have good netcode, sadly, besides MK11 which is decent. Thats fucking sad.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
I believe it. I mean, look at people here defending this game.
Mk11 is not a bad game its just not terribly deep and has barely any execution. Every time I play someone with a good connection and is decent it is really fun. Its a game made for casuals with a secondary focus on the competitive scene is my take on it.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Mk11 is not a bad game its just not terribly deep and has barely any execution. Every time I play someone with a good connection and is decent it is really fun. Its a game made for casuals with a secondary focus on the competitive scene is my take on it.
Im talking about the netcode. It was great at first but it got worst after the patch. I dont know how you pull that shit off. Out of all the games MK11 is considered the best netcode currently.....Yeah.....ALL FGs need to step up their netcode game!

haketh

Noob
THe netcode is still abysmal even after the update

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Im talking about the netcode. It was great at first but it got worst after the patch. I dont know how you pull that shit off. Out of all the games MK11 is considered the best netcode currently.....Yeah.....ALL FGs need to step up their netcode game!
On PC it has not really got any better or worse I play the same people a lot and have not noticed anything different. Consoles could have got screwed though i don't now.

It’s funny how I can play a friend of mine in Italy with no issues, but when I try to play Kombat League I run into the laggiest people I have ever seen.

When both parties have quality internet, it’s great. Most people in KL don’t.

TLDR: can we get filter options pls? Even the 150 threshold for acceptable matches is suspect.

Credit where credit is due, but it can be better

ThePedro

IIINCORRUPTIBLE
Dude I agreed with this guy until about the 6:50 mark where he started bragging about how great MK11 is online. Despite the fact that it is (factually) better than MK9 online, there are still people using lag switches online pretty significantly, and there is straight up lag as well.
-IIINCORRUPTIBLE

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Delay based. From 8ms, which it was previously, they toned it down to 4ms after the rant everyone said, when a certain hero did the network test on this.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
On PC it has not really got any better or worse I play the same people a lot and have not noticed anything different. Consoles could have got screwed though i don't now.
Thats another issue. The PC ports of NRS games have always gone through shit. Patches are ALWAYS late, info always getting leaked, just a damn mess.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
It didnt get fixed, thats why we're talking about it.... :confused:
DUDE they fixed it since mkx, it is not the damn game! Real talk why cant you guys accept this fact? Play with someone on a wired connection who lives near you and watch. Theres no game where distance doesnt cause lag, but the main issue is people are on wifi. This has been proven so many times its insane.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
DUDE they fixed it since mkx, it is not the damn game! Real talk why cant you guys accept this fact? Play with someone on a wired connection who lives near you and watch. Theres no game where distance doesnt cause lag, but the main issue is people are on wifi. This has been proven so many times its insane.
We're not just talking about MK11, but for all fighting games moving forward. MK11 is used as the current standard because its the best netcode currently but thats not saying much at all with the problems it still has and lack of online features like wifi filters and declining opponents, etc

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
*Starts game

-> Cage forceballs still whiff on crouch block on half the cast

Piece of shit game.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
*Starts game

-> Cage forceballs still whiff on crouch block on half the cast

Piece of shit game.
  • Starts game.
  • Sub Zero does a corner carry from midscreen, and ends it with B12 or any other HKD ender.
  • Ups an Ice Orb in front of Cage (assuming it's his 3rd variation).
:DOGE

cavemold

BIG D POLE .
There are some things that should be included in a fighter released this gen and he hit on em pretty well. Bad online to me is inexcusable in 2019 but I can understand where some devs may run into problems given a limited budget. It makes me think about MVCI. MVCI had descent online but a lot of people complained about cosmetics like UI, character models and such. I wonder how well MVCI would of been received if Capcom put more into visuals and audio, and less in online?
That game was DOA with the roster of characters they put out . They tried make it shiny and colorful and that wasn’t close to what people wanted

DeftMonk

Noob
lol... wow. Fucking hilarious. I mean you have to be a certain kind of person to think that NRs isn't innovative, if not one of the most innovative companies in the FGC. I mean, no company is perfect and no game is perfect.. MK11 like anything has room to improve.. but the sheer... man.. I'm trying to say ignorance, but not be insulting.. but seriously.. the lack of understanding about fighting games and the FGC history in the above statement is staggering. Wow.. my mind is seriously blown. Sometimes I forget that on the internet you talk to some people that literally have NO idea what they are talking about. Astounding. I mean I am seriously dumbfounded.
Crimsonshadow get off jynk’s account.

Last edited:

DeftMonk

Noob
Exactly. I don't care at all about those random moves "it looked like it hit but it didn't". Problem is that attacks are not consistent. If an move connects on one crouch blocking enemy, it should connect for the rest of the roster too. If overhead attacks are supposed to beat crouch blocking, nobody should be able to duck them.
Johnny cage plus frames for amp fireballs on block is a huge part of his gameplay, how can it be a "design choice" to make them whiff for some character (some of them aren't even females)?

At this point I believe it's just too much work to fix them, and they have other priorities.
Ya the cage fireball issue is weird to me purely for the reason you mentioned... they whiff on raiden and man is huuuuuuge. Imagine if jack 6 in tekken could duck mids because his crouching hurtbox was same as goldeneye oddjob for some reason.

SixPathsOfHate

Make triple skulls input BDF or DF Hold F
Everything Skull Girls had, from the ability to choose your frame delay when going online to being able to skip super flashes, have safe states, turn on hitboxes, being able to see whose in the life lead, live frame data, ect. I also want to see other things from other small indie games implemented like Rivals of Aether's button check system in the character select screen with being able to play with your character in a small box below without interrupting your opponent to make sure your buttons are set.

NRS has done a good job with adding in a lot of QoL features already that I wish other games had like instant rematch and online character select screen that many japanese FGs dont have.

I shouldnt even have to get into the talk of having good netcode because its 2019 and not everybody has a scene, has the money or time to get to one, or wants to go. While a lot of people may not accept it, online is the future of fighting games and considering that fighting games require precises inputs I should expect without question for them to have good netcode. People giving X reason for why their game doesnt have good netcode are part of the problem and only hurt the FGC and the genre as a whole. If you dont like the constant complaining of better netcode for ALL fighting games then once again, you are part of the problem.

Its mostly the Japanese devs that are not willing to change and I hope something shakes up their entire market to force change. Part of the reason why I am excited for that Riot fighting game I heard about and the possibility of it having a good amount of the basic things that I mentioned.

grandabx

The Flameater
Crimson clearly hasn't played other fighting games that are basically light years ahead of MK in every single thing MK does except its netcode.
Seriously. You'd have to live in an air-tight MK bubble to make such a claim.

Jynks' high on that strong stuff.

Last edited: