What's new

Breakthrough SAFE reverse wakeups! BREAKTHROUGH TECH!

SaJa

FH_FenriR
i'm not going to babysit you and hold your hard and spoon feed you everything. real tech is real tech and bugs are bugs.
I'm agree with you, but in another hand, in some games like starcraft, bugs is part of the game and make it much more interesting that it was supposed to be. That being said, for this one, it's not necessary, especially for the flash. He already has 11 11 11 11 charge crossup, f3 reset, he has sonic pound MB crossup reset, footsy dash, b3 armored, f3 armored, dodge speed, ji2. Good enough to deal with someone being in the corner.

killer frosts?
BA ? Oh wait

BoricuaHeat

PSN:KrocoCola
All her cartwheel options are punishable if blocked correctly. You can also back dash the last hit if your reactions are good enough and your character doesn't have a shitty back dash.
Thanks for the info partner, does she have any other wake up options we should look out for besides uppercut?

And yeah Flash's backdash starts up even faster than Supes and Adam's, but recovery is below average.

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy
Sounds almost like an ambiguous cross up.. Not really meant to be there but just takes advantage of a mechanic of the game (ie. back to block, wake ups, etc).
a crossup is when your opponent SWITCHES SIDES WITH YOU, not like this where the game bugs out and flash stays on the same side. even scorpion's teleport made him go to the other side.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
killer frosts?
Killer Frost slide is -4 on block which means she is safe. You can however try to d1 into combo her if she doesn't block low or back dash. If you think she's gonna block low, you can always MB b/f3. Come to think of it, if you think the slid is coming you can MB b/f3 anyway. If you read the back dash, you can dash with them and punish, or use a forward advancing special (eg flash's bf2)

iitRueii

Noob
Killer Frost slide is -4 on block which means she is safe. You can however try to d1 into combo her if she doesn't block low or back dash. If you think she's gonna block low, you can always MB b/f3. Come to think of it, if you think the slid is coming you can MB b/f3 anyway. If you read the back dash, you can dash with them and punish, or use a forward advancing special (eg flash's bf2)
But you have to waste a meter for a guess, and other characters dont have safe wakeups, you get what I mean? Im sure they will do whats best anyway, I like this tech and dont see it as gamebraking I mean it only punishes people who spam wakeup moves everytime

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Thanks for the info partner, does she have any other wake up options we should look out for besides uppercut?

And yeah Flash's backdash starts up even faster than Supes and Adam's, but recovery is below average.
Her main three wake up attacks are teleport, rising bat (uppercut) and cartwheel. Teleport has invincibility all the way up until she leaves the screen, rising bat has invincibility until she starts to fall and cartwheel has a few frames and he beginning of the animation. Batgirl can also wake up with bat evade (db3) which allows her to do a quick overhead stomp or a charge across full screen (or a teleport but that takes 2 bars and why do it when you can just teleport?).

Rising bat is usually used against jump ins and combos into bola for vortex opportunities. Teleport also leads to vortex. Cartwheel is a nice 'GTFO-me-now' move but you have to be careful about just throwing it out. Bat evade is a nice gimmicky mix up in some situations but there are usually better options.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
But you have to waste a meter for a guess, and other characters dont have safe wakeups, you get what I mean? Im sure they will do whats best anyway, I like this tech and dont see it as gamebraking I mean it only punishes people who spam wakeup moves everytime
I see what you're saying, and I agree it's not ground breaking (I do something similar with batgirl in the corner. If she dashes at the right time it has the same effect) but the fact is that wake ups can be stuffed pretty easily in this game if you know they are coming. If someone constantly 'spams' wake ups against you, then just punish them the next time they wake up and maybe they'll learn not to do it. If not, you get to continually punish them for making the same mistake.

Another option for flash against slide would be to neutral jump then bf2 I guess but I haven't tried it out yet.

BoricuaHeat

Her main three wake up attacks are teleport, rising bat (uppercut) and cartwheel. Teleport has invincibility all the way up until she leaves the screen, rising bat has invincibility until she starts to fall and cartwheel has a few frames and he beginning of the animation. Batgirl can also wake up with bat evade (db3) which allows her to do a quick overhead stomp or a charge across full screen (or a teleport but that takes 2 bars and why do it when you can just teleport?).

Rising bat is usually used against jump ins and combos into bola for vortex opportunities. Teleport also leads to vortex. Cartwheel is a nice 'GTFO-me-now' move but you have to be careful about just throwing it out. Bat evade is a nice gimmicky mix up in some situations but there are usually better options.
Great explanation, thanks playa!

If you ever knockdown Flash his only wake up options are flying uppercut and lighting charge which both can just be neutral jumped over and full combo punished by Batgirl.

He has a gimmick phase wake up but has no start up invincibility and you guessed it, eats a whopping whatever percent Babs dishes out I forget.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Great explanation, thanks playa!

If you ever knockdown Flash his only wake up options are flying uppercut and lighting charge which both can just be neutral jumped over and full combo punished by Batgirl.

He has a gimmick phase wake up but has no start up invincibility and you guessed it, eats a whopping whatever percent Babs dishes out I forget.
Haha, I know. I use Flash as a secondary. It can be annoying getting up but he's definitely got other things going for him.

BoricuaHeat

Haha, I know. I use Flash as a secondary. It can be annoying getting up but he's definitely got other things going for him.
Awesome, good to know more people that play the speedster.

Just blocking is what I think to be the best option against people who know the match up, always the best way to get it over with. I get frustrated with defending and pushblock (ahh my meter) get back that even playing field.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
Zyphox if u watched trues video, I was the one who figured this out. I won't lie tho, ur rms ambiguous cross up vid gave me the idea for this. Basically, I wanted to find more options from the setup that make the opponent think of the next move. I've noticed that most players (good players) don't wake u constantly, but when they do, its when they get pressured in the corner. with this set up, it won't allow players to wake up free, it will be a thinking process. If u make a vid, if u can give me a shout out thats cool :) i live in Northern Indiana where a fgc is non existent, so gettin my name out on YouTube makes me happy lol. Also I don't play flash, would love to learn him, but I just find tech with him so my friends can level up. I play nightwing :)

Jon Berg

Noob
no unless you can find a video of this, because i tried and only doomsday can dash into the corner and reverse you inputs on wake up, this literally changes the direction of your wake up move, so it doesn't reverse the input, but makes you wake up go backwards.

So I got it. I dash twice rapidly as fast as I can, but I'm sure there is a timing for flash, wether its just dashing later or walk in a bit first then dash or whatever. Or maybe just two dashes only works for him, but it works. Hes not a character i even play so not gonna spend more time on it, but here ya go:

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Zyphox if u watched trues video, I was the one who figured this out. I won't lie tho, ur rms ambiguous cross up vid gave me the idea for this. Basically, I wanted to find more options from the setup that make the opponent think of the next move. I've noticed that most players (good players) don't wake u constantly, but when they do, its when they get pressured in the corner. with this set up, it won't allow players to wake up free, it will be a thinking process. If u make a vid, if u can give me a shout out thats cool :) i live in Northern Indiana where a fgc is non existent, so gettin my name out on YouTube makes me happy lol. Also I don't play flash, would love to learn him, but I just find tech with him so my friends can level up. I play nightwing :)
yeah when i tested the RMS ambiguous cross up tech, i was also messing around with this myself, i saw that if you put the enemy to not do anything and delay the RMS that they would stand up looking towards the corner, that's really what gave me the idea that you could neutral jump and maybe have it to where i can do an ambiguous cross up. i never tested the wake up situation however and had no idea about reverse wake ups, so good shit as to finding this. if i do find anything else about this RMS into bodies i'll be sure to give you a shoutout, what is your youtube name?

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
So I got it. I dash twice rapidly as fast as I can, but I'm sure there is a timing for flash, wether its just dashing later or walk in a bit first then dash or whatever. Or maybe just two dashes only works for him, but it works. Hes not a character i even play so not gonna spend more time on it, but here ya go:
thanks bro, i had no idea this tech was so universal and i thought only doomsday hop like dash was giving him this property.

in flash we trust....damn i love this char...so glad i chose him to main...nothing like a back 22 into an intractable...or a good raping on my opponent in the corner....sensei zyphox we need more matches!...and to whoever mentioned using flashes phase move to stuff black adams wake ups, u are god....cant believe i never thought of doing that....to the bladams i face here on out..i say this to u...." You wont know what hit ya ;)"

Red Venom

The Main Man of TYM
Wut in the actual fuk is this.... Damn I need to find new Lobo tech. There seems to have been in surge of tech threads for other characters lately :(

Cage Redfield Did you know about this? Read the second post down from this one....

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Wut in the actual fuk is this.... Damn I need to find new Lobo tech. There seems to have been in surge of tech threads for other characters lately :(
Pretty sure lobo can do the same thing with a well timed dash on knock down in the corner.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
yeah when i tested the RMS ambiguous cross up tech, i was also messing around with this myself, i saw that if you put the enemy to not do anything and delay the RMS that they would stand up looking towards the corner, that's really what gave me the idea that you could neutral jump and maybe have it to where i can do an ambiguous cross up. i never tested the wake up situation however and had no idea about reverse wake ups, so good shit as to finding this. if i do find anything else about this RMS into bodies i'll be sure to give you a shoutout, what is your youtube name?
My youtube name is Prycethebeast but u can jus say PryceMonsta as that's my GT and Tym name :)

you can wake up lk (hold) and dash. It is a viable wakeup. I tried RMS wakeup cancel but does not seem to gain invincible frames.