What's new

Strategy Rush Down Sub Zero vs Sektor

charlieonline

Search "CaseyJones" for active profile.
But he can't do anything from out of that range. Once he is in range, you can interrupt it.
He can 22, 21. I'm pretty sure the 21 carries him back into your face where you can't punish the 2 and the 1 hits. As for 22, watch out because you just lost spacing to a clone if you jumped away and if you didn't you probably got nailed by it.

charlieonline

Search "CaseyJones" for active profile.
BTW, when if you d1 on hit or block, can Sub d4 before you can do anything is that why you didn't d1 him much?

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
It should be Smoke. Everybody should pick up Smoke. I am not joking either, reset or no reset. Since they nerfed the dash, Smoke's actually broken in my opinion, lol.

Seriously, though, if you play Sub, you should pick up Smoke because Smoke's footsies are 10 times better than Sub's and you'll "get him" as a character if you get Sub-Zero.

bipolar_shango

" Bros before Hoes"
Sub slide = flame burner, iceball = iaTU, ice clone= straight missile(or flame if ur expecting it). Subzero is free. I have not fought a subzero offline but Sektor punishes everything he does easily. To be honest i enjoy playing against subzero. About the corner pressure that is just Subzero vs the world! Its not Sektor. You never trolled him with b1 its really good ;) [doing it once in 4 games is not enough]

Somberness

Lights
He can 22, 21. I'm pretty sure the 21 carries him back into your face where you can't punish the 2 and the 1 hits. As for 22, watch out because you just lost spacing to a clone if you jumped away and if you didn't you probably got nailed by it.
d4's have more range however
Those attacks won't hit because they are too high. When a character does a d4, their hitbox moves forward to a range where you can hit them and they can't hit you. Some more than others.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
When you were demonstrating the corner options you never did it with an implemented ice clone. The first d4 should go into ice clone. That way it disables d1,d3,d4,b1,f2, and jump kicks + punches. It only leaves the option of flame, TU, and jumping over.

After a d4 in open space, freeze is an option for sub zero. If Sektor jumps back sure, he can TU - but since it will not be an iTU the freeze will connect before he goes below the group. It's not a 100% answer since I could jump at you if I knew you were doing this, but here is a 50/50 game. Again though, I think Sub is at a big disadvantage mid screen against Sektor (and a ton of other characters).

Honestly, the only thing that has been mentioned that I feel is a huge weakness to Sub Zero is after a blocked EXTU I can d1 to shut down any option but a EXslide or poke. That sucks for Sub Zero.

Thank you for the video though, I appreciate you putting all your knowledge out there while others would easily hold back this information.

Crathen

Death is my business
Flamethrowers aren't that good in this MU , even if you AA them they only eat 8% wich will not scare them to Jip again , use AA 1 and punish with a full combo , force them to play footsies , this is the area where you got advantage.
B34 , F2 and B1 are your best friends here , learn the optimal range for b(3)4 to not whiff ( here's a tip , do u34 on a standing sub zero , that leaves you in the perfect range for b34 or d3 ) , if Sub likes to put many ice clones just wait for him then zone him and start looking for 3 things: slide , jump in or freeze and react accordingly.
Use d3 when you think he's gonna d4 / 22 / 21 after blockstrings , since it's 7 frames you outspeed all of his moves , also if you interrupt his d4 with a d3 you get a free b3 / b34 or you can go back into the spacing.
Always maintain yourself a tip outside of jump distance where you can react to either a jumpin or a freeze while spacing him with f2 / b1 and b3 , he can't do much other than:
1 risk a jump ( AA )
2 throw out a random freeze for a trade ( again don't use flamethrower at this distance because it can whiff and you eat an iceball ) wich you can duck by d3 / d4 while dashing forward to hit him or jump back iatu.
3 guessing an Ice Clone wich puts him back to almost fullscreen asking to be zoned / baited
4 dash in d4 / 22 / 21 wich you can space and whiff punish with either b1 / f2 / b34 , just keep walking back and forward to make him second guess him
5 Random slide wich you can block and punish with b2 Tu

Also d4 into freeze will go over you d3 poke since it's an high projectile , and if you block a freeze from sweep distance you can punish it with a full combo with b2 / dash 12b1 / b34 , i also think you can punish ( or at least force him to block ) a jump distance freeze with f2.

Keep working on that Sektor STH and you'll realize this is a clear 6-4 in Sektors favour ;)

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
It should be Smoke. Everybody should pick up Smoke. I am not joking either, reset or no reset. Since they nerfed the dash, Smoke's actually broken in my opinion, lol.
Eh, I don't think he's that bad, the run away Smokes can get annoying though; which I suppose is how you SHOULD be playing him.

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
Eh, I don't think he's that bad, the run away Smokes can get annoying though; which I suppose is how you SHOULD be playing him.
Smoke is one of the best poking characters in the game. That combined with his fast overhead and his smoke bomb, he can be pretty silly when he's in your face, too. Smoke isn't just a run away character.