What's new

Guide - A-List Run Cancel Frame Data

BoricuaHeat

PSN:KrocoCola
Dude the f3(4) cancels are cake but the skrc cancels are a pain I can't even consistently f3skrc, hell I can do f2 skrc more consistent in f3 any pointers lol
The trick is buffering the back input a slight moment after you input forward and then immediately press forward again while simultaneously hitting 4 (then hold dat shit down and go for the run input into the normal you want).

CheapEddie

I HAVE A FACE NOW!
113-skrc is not + on block for sure. Same as 2,1-skrc.
B3,4 is not +15 on block (pointed for Assodimazze).
The other info seems right

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
113-skrc is not + on block for sure. Same as 2,1-skrc.
B3,4 is not +15 on block (pointed for Assodimazze).
The other info seems right
113xxSKRC is + on block, in this video Scorpion tries to interrupt Cage with d1 after blocking 113, but he can only trade if the cancel is well done.

You are right B34xxSKRC might not be exactly +15, it's probably a little bit less.

Pygmy_Potato

BF4+FF+BLK
The only thing about that video is we can't know for sure whether Scorpion's D1 is late. Finding a reversal with comparable frames would give us a more solid idea of what we're looking at on block. (Scorpion's D1 is 6, Lao's spin is 7 so 6 if used as a reversal?)

I'd be a happy camper if it is + enough to go into F3, but the fact that 113 often has a gap when canceling into specials has me skeptical.

BoricuaHeat

@CheapEddie Actually, we're both wrong. I decided to test exclusive using reversals so my crappy execution isn't a factor and found that 113SKRC is +1 on block (Jax's punch comes out in 10 frames and always trades with F3). I didn't really test 21SKRC as we don't really lose much if it's not plus so it's all good. I didn't really test B34SKRC so I'm not even sure what the frame data is on that (which explains its absence in the opening post).

@Asodimazze forgive my sloppy execution, the D1 comes out late. I deleted the previous videos and replaced them with a new one.

Thanks for the responses A Listers, I was able to update the OP with much more accurate information.

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
What are you using after nutpunch?

To get some nice, guaranteed, and easy (which is unfortunately necessary if you play online) chip damage with a single run cancel, I suggest using:
4SKRC, 333nutpunch. It does 6,88% and doesn't have any gap. 4SKRC might be something like +30 on block lol.

f3[4]RC, b34SKDC, f4, f24, d1, nutpunch does 29%, + 7% on block you can get 36 meterless midscreen.
f3[4]RC, b34SKDC, f4, f24, d1, EXnutpunch, f3nut does 35%, + 7% on block you have 42% for 1 bar.

I am getting disappointed by the 11 string because the 1 gets ducked by most (maybe all) characters when the opponent blocks low; Even cancelling something into exfireball on block sucks, because small characters duck the fireballs while blocking low...

rafaw

#YouSuck
What are you using after nutpunch?

To get some nice, guaranteed, and easy (which is unfortunately necessary if you play online) chip damage with a single run cancel, I suggest using:
4SKRC, 333nutpunch. It does 6,88% and doesn't have any gap. 4SKRC might be something like +30 on block lol.

f3[4]RC, b34SKDC, f4, f24, d1, nutpunch does 29%, + 7% on block you can get 36 meterless midscreen.
f3[4]RC, b34SKDC, f4, f24, d1, EXnutpunch, f3nut does 35%, + 7% on block you have 42% for 1 bar.

I am getting disappointed by the 11 string because the 1 gets ducked by most (maybe all) characters when the opponent blocks low; Even cancelling something into exfireball on block sucks, because small characters duck the fireballs while blocking low...
If your playing against good players, they will allways block high after np, i do a lot of: 4skrc~114skrc~11/1 stagger f24 or 114exfb!
If they are blocking low after the 4skrc just go for f24 to make then respect that!

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
@BoricuaHeat do you know what the, 11~db4RC is?
and 12(1)-FKRC(flipkickruncancel/db4) is?
121~FKRC, 113~BD3+block?

btw awesome thread?

what programe did you use to test frame data? if you don't mind me asking, im thinking of using avidmux, but im not sure my results will be valid on XB1 because the DVR is recording @30fps 1080p

and onedrive/upload studio is hella fucking up, green screen or static lines on upload before i download them.

rafaw

#YouSuck
@BoricuaHeat do you know what the, 11~db4RC is?
and 12(1)-FKRC(flipkickruncancel/db4) is?
121~FKRC, 113~BD3+block?

btw awesome thread?

what programe did you use to test frame data? if you don't mind me asking, im thinking of using avidmux, but im not sure my results will be valid on XB1 because the DVR is recording @30fps 1080p

and onedrive/upload studio is hella fucking up, green screen or static lines on upload before i download them.
I cant say numbers, but im sure db4 cancels are wayyyyy slower than skrc

The only use I've found for charged flipkick is doing a slightly charged flipkick after f3 which leads to a combo, but you're better of just doing a standard f34rc, 12rc, or 113 combo to punish.

rafaw

#YouSuck
The only use I've found for charged flipkick is doing a slightly charged flipkick after f3 which leads to a combo, but you're better of just doing a standard f34rc, 12rc, or 113 combo to punish.
Yeah its not usefull outside of blutality purposes hehe.
slightly charged Flip can be comboed from f3 or b34, but does less damage then the regular bnb.

In neutral game you can actually do charged flip kick to counter jip, if they dont jump you can backdash. but its not tha good.

BoricuaHeat

@ESG Jagged I just used the in game frame data between characters and then applied basic math. If say Johnny's F24 beat out Cassie's Flip Kick which starts at 6 frames after run canceling from say 12(1) then I assume it's at least +10 on block and then I go through all of Johnny's normals to see which one eventually trades with the reversal I'm testing against.

Oh also gotta update the op, 12(1) RC is at least +9 due to it allowing 2 to jail on block.

A bit late but @Hawfy 333SKRC let me jail with F3 on block, gonna see if I can produce the same result with F2.

Last edited:

Hawfy

"Martini Shot"
@ESG Jagged I just used the in game frame data between characters and then applied basic math. If say Johnny's F24 beat out Cassie's Flip Kick which starts at 6 frames after run canceling from say 12(1) then I assume it's at least +10 on block and then I go through all of Johnny's normals to see which one eventually trades with the reversal I'm testing against.

Oh also gotta update the op, 12(1) RC is at least +9 due to it allowing 2 to jail on block.

A bit late but @Hawfy 333SKRC let me jail with F3 on block, gonna see if I can produce the same result with F2.
@BoricuaHeat Thanks man also 12(1)RC is at least +10 you can jail into D3 on block.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
@BoricuaHeat Excellent work thus far!

I am going through and attempting to get scientific on this stuff, with exact numbers using capture equipment. Expect some updates with more information, especially if I can figure out a quicker, standard way to test.

One thing to note that I have found: f2 very rarely hits on frame 15, meaning it doesn't really have 14f start up effectively, it is most often longer than that. Against standing opponents f2 is most often connects on frame 16, and against crouching opponents it most often connects on frame 17.

EDIT: Removed some info that wasn't tested properly.

F3 SKRC is +17, and can still jail in the JC mirror match properly when crouch blocked.

Last edited:

Dizzy

Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I started doing the tests tonight. Going to take a break for now, but here's what I got by testing via recording equipment. I am almost positive these are correct, I tested them several times. However, getting these frame perfect is very difficult.

F34 RC = +12
121 RC = +13
F3 SKRC = +17
F24 SKRC = +12
113 SKRC = +2

Hopefully I can get around to doing most of them!

rafaw

#YouSuck
I started doing the tests tonight. Going to take a break for now, but here's what I got by testing via recording equipment. I am almost positive these are correct, I tested them several times. However, getting these frame perfect is very difficult.

F34 RC = +12
121 RC = +13
F3 SKRC = +17
F24 SKRC = +12
113 SKRC = +2

Great job Dizzy!!
Will you test 4skrc, 114skrc, f2skrc, 21skrc, and 333skrc?
Im really curious about 333skrc.

Error404

Noob

F34 RC = +12
121 RC = +13
F3 SKRC = +17
F24 SKRC = +12
113 SKRC = +2

Good stuff. Can you test dash cancels as well?

Dizzy

Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Great job Dizzy!!
Will you test 4skrc, 114skrc, f2skrc, 21skrc, and 333skrc?
Im really curious about 333skrc.
Yeah, most of those are next on my list to do. I also am very curious about them and hope to get them done soon.

Good stuff. Can you test dash cancels as well?
I was thinking of doing those after I finish the run cancel data.