Leak might be real?

• Totally!

• No, it's fake!

• Doubtful...

• I don't care.

Results are only viewable after voting.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Supposedly there's a leak on Liu Kang's variations but I'd take it with a grain of salt since no sources. This does sound kinda legit though and would be interesting if true.

Fiery - (Fire God) Variation, strong emphasis on fire attacks. EX Fireball becomes a flaming dragon and goes full screen, can be controlled similar to Kung Laos hat toss.

Champion - Seems more like the MK9 Liu Kang, bicycle kick has special properties. This variation seems more physical based rather than fire or magic.

Scourge - Seems to be an evil variation, fireball (no low fireball this variation) is now dark purple and lowers opponent's meter (doesn't drain), has new grab that drains health and EX version drains both health and meter.
"Fiery - (Fire God) Variation, strong emphasis on fire attacks. EX Fireball becomes a flaming dragon and goes full screen, can be controlled similar to Kung Laos hat toss."

No need for spoilers bruh, that sounds like complete bs based off of this.

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
As a Kabal main in MK9, I’ve certainly shed a few tears as a result of his absence from the roster. However, even if he were later added as DLC, I was wondering whether he would have the same impact that he did in MK9 given the new style of gameplay in MKX. Specifically, it does not appear that in the MKX context he would have the benefit of (1) IAGB; or (2) dash cancel pressure. IAGB seems out of the question given how projectiles in MKX appear to be slower and more punishable (and, based on what we have seen so far, would not likely have the same B-B-1, B-B-3 or U/B-U/B-1 inputs that Kabal had in MK9). Dash cancel pressure also seems like it wouldn't fit into the new MKX model, given the changes we have heard about re eliminating dash blocking generally.

Obviously, they could make him strong in other ways, but it wouldn't be for the same reasons as MK9. Thoughts?

SLy

Noob
Nope. Run requires meter now. His whole game will probably be split into 3 variations which kind of sucks. Probably why he isn't in the game tbh.

trufenix

bye felicia
You do realize the story trailers that have been shown have a possessed kitana, sub zero, scorpion, sindel and jax and based on igns longer look at the 1st chapter stryker, nightwolf and smoke are also possessed are all from right after MK9.
25 years later we see a unpossessed sub zero, scorpion and kitana why cant jax have been unpossessed in that time too???
I don't understand how people can not understand in takes place in a 25 year span sonya didn't pop out a 25 year old kid at birth
Jax, Kuai, and Scorpion (at least) escaped Netherrealm right after the war. Kitana, Kung Lao, and Sindel (and probably others) are still under Quan's control 25 years later.

Way.Leik

Noob
You do realize the story trailers that have been shown have a possessed kitana, sub zero, scorpion, sindel and jax and based on igns longer look at the 1st chapter stryker, nightwolf and smoke are also possessed are all from right after MK9.
25 years later we see a unpossessed sub zero, scorpion and kitana why cant jax have been unpossessed in that time too???
I don't understand how people can not understand in takes place in a 25 year span sonya didn't pop out a 25 year old kid at birth
I think Kitana is still possessed along with Sindel.

D

Deleted member 35141

I think Kitana is still possessed along with Sindel.
I just realized that it was cassie and kung jin fighting sindel and kitana. So some of the characters must have found a way to break the spell

Jax, Kuai, and Scorpion (at least) escaped Netherrealm right after the war. Kitana, Kung Lao, and Sindel (and probably others) are still under Quan's control 25 years later.
Lao is old though, so he must have been freed sooner than Kitana. Unless he ages in death or whatever...

trufenix

bye felicia
Lao is old though, so he must have been freed sooner than Kitana. Unless he ages in death or whatever...
You're right, I'd forgotten he aged. I still think based on raidens where have you been intro that he went missing after the nr war.

I wonder if he'll have young and old alts like Johnny.

Osmedirez

MK Konspiracy Theorist
You're right, I'd forgotten he aged. I still think based on raidens where have you been intro that he went missing after the nr war.

I wonder if he'll have young and old alts like Johnny.
It's possible his young alt is a revenant alt. Hopefully his alt is more interesting though, and story related. Where has he been? Welll..... (Kung Lao's chapter, mostly in the past, revealing some big developments in the story)

ZeZe

The smart stuff!
Why is SZ the one getting all the fatalities done to em? I swear NRS hates that character :(
IKR? He's a victim of Goro's fatality, Ermac's second fatality, and unknown one with him having his hands and legs ripped off. As if there's only Sub on the roster. There WILL be payback. :joker: